Home Precious Metals
Options

̶$̶1̶9̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶5̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶1̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶1̶9̶0̶0̶ $1800 Gold??

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Fed lets inflation run for a year, what will be the market’s expectations at the time when they decide to raise rates?

How long do you think the rate increase will last if the stock market decides to tank as a result?

What will be different from the last time that the market threw a taper tantrum when the Fed tried to raise rates?

The stock market is addicted to easy money and the Fed has painted itself into a corner, but hey - money is nothing to the Fed. They get to control it all. A small group of private bankers with zero accountability to the public. The Treasury is their little toy.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

jmski, whats with the questions? LOL

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2022 2:55AM

@cohodk said:
    jmski, whats with the questions? LOL

unlike the resident troll he is now answering questions with even more questions. LOL

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

What’s with the questions?

Look up “the Socratic Method”.

My opinions follow the questions. It’s not that difficult to follow my thought processes.

If you choose not to entertain any of those questions, one might conclude that you are in some sort of denial about the Fed’s complicity in manipulation of the financial markets.

Why is that?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    I was referring to the may even lead part. History shows us many things, there have been many speculative bubbles in the past but the Ag never fails to disappoint. She ALWAYS finds her way back to the gutter. But this time is different right?

I haven't bought an ounce of gold since around $1300. Shame on me, one day in the not too distant future we will be talking about how cheap $2,000 gold was. Carry On!

I bought 35 oz at around $1900 in the last year and I'm still under $1300. Dollar cost averaging is the only way to go!

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2K is on the horizon. Hopefully she blows through and holds this time.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the gold price is about ready to break the 2011 high

• Options

Looking good you beautiful little yellow sob. Onward and upwards. THKS!

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Looking good you beautiful little yellow sob. Onward and upwards. THKS!

Small consolation prize for burning the place down.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2022 9:45AM

Show me your double dated gold.
    Here is an '88
    Since the thread got boosted in '22.
    May as well play. And aside from that , gold is about $1888

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goldman call $2150 by the end of the year...good alternative investment of choice in a rising rate cycle.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the oversized date on the 1887!

Higashiyama
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Higashiyama said:
    I like the oversized date on the 1887!

Thanks. I hadn't noticed this and nothing in coinfacts either. Not my series but trying to learn.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options

Not the reasons we want it higher but this is the reason we hold it. RGDS!

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold at $1883 as I write. As long as it stays under $1907 I will have coins to post.

• Options

I smell $2100. It's like that Don Ho song we used to sing back at Kaneohe in the Corps "Tiny Bubbles" But all I'm hearing these days is "Easy Money". RGDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCiDEXuxxA

• Options

In the meanwhile gutter gets left behind. LOL

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

The other white metal is rocking

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@derryb said:
    In the meanwhile gutter gets left behind. LOL

Yup the gutter is half of it's all time high while the yellow just touched it's all time high. Ironically for the year I think they are both up about the same percentage wise. No complaints with my recent paper gutter trades they are up a fair amount, heck maybe one day I will be able to dump these green boat anchors after all. RGDS!

@MsMorrisine said:
    The other white metal is rocking

No doubt the overpriced gutter is rocking just a shame there's nobody ever willing to buy it if you are holding physical. Nothing wrong with playing overpriced gutter paper. None of my local shops want anything to do with physical Pd or even Pt.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Online PM dealers trade in them

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Online PM dealers trade in them

I do see Upstate buys them but they only offer -$30 under spot then you got the massive bid ask spread to deal with that's currently $150. I'd play the paper but the physical Pd is just not for me.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 1:17AM

Weaponizing the dollar (sanctions) will expedite its destruction. Taking SWIFT away from countries not friendly to the West sends a signal to abandon dollars and create new trade arrangements. Precious metals are going to continue to rise as dollars lose their status. Rising PM prices are here to stay.

The movement has already begun:

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 6:04AM

The total annual volume of Russia-China trade is only about $140 billion. To put that into perspective, Walmart does $140 billion in revenues every 90 days.

Both countries currencies are deteriorating (ruble nearing extinction) so let them make all the trade agreements they want.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 11:02AM

@cohodk said:
    The total annual volume of Russia-China trade is only about $140 billion. To put that into perspective, Walmart does $140 billion in revenues every 90 days.

Both countries currencies are deteriorating (ruble nearing extinction) so let them make all the trade agreements they want.

Once again you focus on a dot on the chart and overlook the trend. Unfortunately it is not just the world's second largest economy and Russia dumping dollars. Dedollarisation has become the new world wide trend. And, since the US was able to prevent Libya and Gaddafi (permanently) from dedollarizing in 2011 there is little that they have been able to do to protect the international reign of the dollar. All world currencies are eventually dethroned.

Historically the US military enforced the dollar around the globe, but there is little chance we will see that continue with any nuclear nation.

• Options

Lots of countries will be picking sides now that the dollar is weaponized. Russia's currency is oil & weaponry, not the ruble.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Gold back down under 2K, silver dropping too as well as most other commodities, wheat, corn ect.
    Crude oil and gasoline down more than 10%. Now that's good.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Lots of countries will be picking sides now that the dollar is weaponized. Russia's currency is oil & weaponry, not the ruble.

World is moving away from oil and their weaponry seems quite antiquated.

And it appears the world has already picked sides...and its quite lopsided.

All this translates into even stronger alliances for the US and its allies which bodes well for the dollar.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 11:44AM

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Once again you focus on a dot on the chart and overlook the trend. Unfortunately it is not just the world's second largest economy and Russia dumping dollars. Dedollarisation has become the new world wide trend. And, since the US was able to prevent Libya and Gaddafi (permanently) from dedollarizing in 2011 there is little that they have been able to do to protect the international reign of the dollar. All world currencies are eventually dethroned.

There are approx 215 countries. The botton 190 combined don even add up to the GDP of the USA.

So if the bottom 90% go away from the dollar, the dollar would still be the dominant currency.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 11:47AM

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Oil demand is here to stay, prices confirm this. Weaponry antiquated? Gone in a flash.

And it appears the world has already picked sides...and its quite lopsided.

China and friends more than balances the scales.

All this translates into even stronger alliances for the US and its allies which bodes well for the dollar.

Come winter the EU will fold like a cheap suit, if not before then. Bluffs don't work, the guy is smarter than that and it appears prepared as well.

• Options

You dont need to continue to demonstrate your love affair with autocratic dictators. We know where you stand.

"The guy"....lol.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 12:40PM

When it comes to matters of the economy I stand with reality - it knows no borders nor emotional loyalties. You should turn off MSNBC and give it a try.

• Options

@derryb said:
    I stand with reality - it knows no borders nor loyalties. You should turn off MSNBC and give it a try.

I dont watch MSNBC.

You have also stated that perception is fact, so it is probably safe to assume your reality is, well, cattywampas also.

We know your loyalties are not to this border.

Nice volatility in gold the last week or two. Anyone follow the gold vix?

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 7:53PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:
    I stand with reality - it knows no borders nor loyalties. You should turn off MSNBC and give it a try.

I dont watch MSNBC.

Understandable - you don't need to, you already have their talking points.

You have also stated that perception is fact, so it is probably safe to assume your reality is, well, cattywampas also.

Let's be correct, I have stated that perception affects monetary/investing decisions. If you disagree with this feel free to make your case.

Contrary to what you think, you don't know $hit. The fact that I see and comment on the world as it really is has no bearing on my loyalties. I defended this border with combat and 30 years of DoD service that required high level clearances. Can you even come close to saying the same or are you just a typical run of the mill armchair patriot blindly agreeing with what you are spoon fed. Your first duty as a true patriot should be to question the narrative.

You need to revisit your definition of volatility. A $130 vertical climb over the last week is not volatility, It is all of the buyers sharing a perception of rough times ahead.

• Options

Maybe the Russians can get a reasonable deal from the Taliban for some current weaponry. Other than that massive giveaway, I don't think that either side knows exactly what the other side has.

Solar and EVs have inherent costs that their proponents always fail to include in their cost/benefit analysis. Just like crypto, they waste alot of resources, create another major waste stream to worry about, and still haven't been proven to be cost-effective without subsidies by gov.com (that we all pay extra for).

Interesting statement, especially when you just got done saying,

"You have also stated that perception is fact, so it is probably safe to assume your reality is, well, cattywampas also."

Gold is down almost $60 today. Might be a good time to add to the stack. Peace only breaks out briefly now.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

Maybe the Russians can get a reasonable deal from the Taliban for some current weaponry. Other than that massive giveaway, I don't think that either side knows exactly what the other side has.

Thanks to a certain addled dotard the Taliban is better armed than the Russians...

• Options
    edited March 9, 2022 9:16PM

@derryb said:

You need to revisit your definition of volatility. A $130 vertical climb over the last week is not volatility, It is all of the buyers sharing a perception of rough times ahead.

You dont know $hit, comrade.

Nice spike in the volatility index.

BTW---many a priest has used the church as cover. Your modis modis operandi is quite evident.

• Options
    edited March 10, 2022 5:39AM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

You dont know $hit, comrade.

Nice spike in the volatility index.

Gold's recent action was very predictable and not for the worse. A "nice spike in the index" is not a refection of overall volatility. If anything, gold is one of the least volatile investments one can find. A spike in volatility index for an otherwise non volatile asset is simply just a spike in price. Learn the difference.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

@derryb @cohodk Wouldnt both of you expect an increase in margin requirement for gold? Slighty off topic.

• Options

@meluaufeet said:
    @derryb @cohodk Wouldnt both of you expect an increase in margin requirement for gold? Slighty off topic.

Not at this time.

• Options
    edited March 11, 2022 3:22AM

@meluaufeet said:

futures market margin requirements are normally increased as price volatility increases. Because increased volatility could cause investors to experience larger fluctuations in their account balance, the exchange enforces higher margin requirements to ensure that account holders remain able to meet their trade obligations.

Not that the previous poster says "not at this time" to your question yet claims in an earlier post a "nice volatility in gold the last week or two." Hopefully he can explain the contradiction.

• Options

Derryb knows nothing of relativity and is merely trying to deflect from his own self censorship in regards to praise of "the guy".

If we use his example of "least volatile investments" in regards to gold, then silver would be the epitome of least volatile since it is the same price today as 42 years ago.

The chart I posted above obviously and clearly shows an increase in volatility, but it has not yet been established as sustainable. Therefore, no increase in margin requirements at this time.

• Options
    edited March 11, 2022 3:21AM

volatility is about changes in price direction. It is not about a single move in price direction. Derryb knows that while silver may well be the same price since 42 years ago that a lot of volatility has occurred in those 42 years. That volatility, as always, has created great profits for those that correctly played it. On the silver futures market, JP Morgan rarely loses a penny, yet has amassed billions in profits. This alone is evidence that the bullion banks do in fact control COMEX price - evidence that they always know where spot price is headed.

"That guy" has nothing to do with a discussion on price volatility except that his performance on the chessboard has created a lot of it. I'm a bit disappointed that his moves seem to be well ahead of the "the guy" that I'm stuck with and that he seems more concerned than "my guy" about the bests interests of the citizens he leads. I do believe that "my guy" is more concerned about his poll ratings and is hoping the current case of another US puppet government failure will provide blame for and draw attention away from crumbling US economic and monetary conditions. Gold price in US dollars tells me that I am right.

• Options

Your "previous guy" created $9T in debt and damn near bankrupt this great nation. If you want to thank anyone you can thank him for your "crumbling US economic and monetary conditions". BTW since your "current guy" took control of the ship my net worth has increased in the neighborhood of 40%. So I guess kudos to him or maybe just kudos to me for paying attention rather than just being one of the sheep. Smooth sailing. RGDS!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    BTW since your "current guy" took control of the ship my net worth has increased in the neighborhood of 40%.

Do you own a gas station? ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@blitzdude said:
    BTW since your "current guy" took control of the ship my net worth has increased in the neighborhood of 40%.

Do you own a gas station? ;)

LOL I wish. But I do own a few oil stocks which thus far has proven to be just as good.

Looks like it's shaping up to be a expensive mowing season. Already second guessing last years decision to clear out a few more acres of brush to lawn.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Your "previous guy" created $9T in debt and damn near bankrupt this great nation.

You obviously have no idea who creates national debt. There should be a minimum knowledge level along with a minimum age to be able to vote.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    Your "previous guy" created $9T in debt and damn near bankrupt this great nation.

You obviously have no idea who creates national debt. There should be a minimum knowledge level along with a minimum age to be able to vote.

Vote away Ace, just make sure you pick a winner. lol Good Luck!

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Yup...its best to blame the janitor for aftermath of the party. Lol

This discussion has been closed.