Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

>
    >
    Unless I'm mistaken, that is a very rare ANACS 7.0 holder...

Tim

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@TurtleCat said:
    I haven’t posted any acquisitions in a while so here’s my latest.

Huge like here. 👍

Thanks! It has a great look for a very lightly circulated piece. Nice natural color.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:

@asheland said:

@TurtleCat said:
    I haven’t posted any acquisitions in a while so here’s my latest.

Huge like here. 👍

Thanks! It has a great look for a very lightly circulated piece. Nice natural color.

Over the years, I have become very appreciative of natural color on gold!

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

>
    >
    Unless I'm mistaken, that is a very rare ANACS 7.0 holder...

Tim

Thanks for the information my serial # is 267 later then the one showing (2840067/ 2840337)

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mrweaseluv said:
    Another "cleaned" coin for my typeset... ok it's pure eye appeal in my book :smiley:

Very nice half dime for a cleaned designation.

• PwrHseProPwrHsePro Posts: 204 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2022 6:45PM

@Floridafacelifter said:

@PwrHsePro said:

Just got this one today...

1937 PR66

Very nice- I love that clean look! Toning can be nice but yours really shows off the design!

Thank you!

I mainly collect raw Ancients, PCGS Mercury Dimes, and raw CSA'S... but have misc other sets...Jeffhttps://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/set/215647https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/showcase/8378

• ElodinElodin Posts: 6
    edited August 31, 2022 5:44PM

Edit: Mistakes were make and I don't know how to delete this XD

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0ronron said:
    My first Morgan!!
    Building my 1891 type set in MS63/PF63

May I ask, What is the significance of the year 1891?

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just picked some home heating fuel @ $4.50 a gallon, can't imagine where it will be come January.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • AbehunterAbehunter Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

I have a birthday coming up> @MtnCreek29 said:

1853, is the same for me. Not a significant date but I got a great deal on the $10 gold so I was off to the races with that date. Since, I've added 1/2 dime, dime, $1, and just won my Stacks auction yesterday with a very nice $2.5 Quarter Eagle. Love those mid-century modern coins. Lol.

I have a birthday coming up that would make my day!!!

• MtnCreek29MtnCreek29 Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

@Abehunter said:
    I have a birthday coming up> @MtnCreek29 said:

1853, is the same for me. Not a significant date but I got a great deal on the $10 gold so I was off to the races with that date. Since, I've added 1/2 dime, dime, $1, and just won my Stacks auction yesterday with a very nice $2.5 Quarter Eagle. Love those mid-century modern coins. Lol.

I have a birthday coming up that would make my day!!!

It probably would but I'm sure that my wife, 3 kids, and 6 grandkids would pick my collection apart first.

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:
    My first 18th century coin

Nice and handsome BB-160 example. The relapped reverse is so distinct in the weak left and right extreme stars, but most evident in the loss of the berries on the branch. You picked an interesting one.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2022 7:03PM

@DelawareDoons said:

@lkenefic said:
    Much thanks to our board member @DelawareDoons

You like it? Was a personal favorite for a while.

Yes! very much so... I can see why you liked it! Original surfaces on a solid VF coin! It will fit well in the Type Set...

edited to add: I may upgrade at some point... and I'll let you know when I do. Best, Leo

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@lkenefic said:
    Much thanks to our board member @DelawareDoons

You like it? Was a personal favorite for a while.

Yes! very much so... I can see why you liked it! Original surfaces on a solid VF coin! It will fit well in the Type Set...

edited to add: I may upgrade at some point... and I'll let you know when I do. Best, Leo

Good to hear. It's a lovely example. Not too upset about it selling for a bit under expectations knowing it's going to a great home.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WilliamF said:
    This one kinda gives me a @ZoidMeister -y vibe, :lol: similar to some pieces he's posted before, my first PanPac Medal and I really like it :)

Definitely Zoid approved . . . . !

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    @WilliamF

Here's an "unusual" PPIE souvenir.

Naughty Bears spinner

Very unusual, I like it!
    I just recently started looking at some of the numerous PPIE medals/tokens and realized I shouldn't have lol... there are SO many cool pieces and I do NOT need another series to work on!! :lol:

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file