Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Picker1954 said:

That is a nice looking coin. But something about the look of it causes me concerns (counterfeit).
    While you still have a potential time window to return it, you might want to seek out a professional authentication.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@Picker1954 said:

That is a nice looking coin. But something about the look of it causes me concerns (counterfeit).
    While you still have a potential time window to return it, you might want to seek out a professional authentication.

Do you think it has an embossed mintmark? I'd like to see a close up pic of the edge at the mintmark location.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

@PerryHall said:

@dcarr said:

@Picker1954 said:

Do you think it has an embossed mintmark? I'd like to see a close up pic of the edge at the mintmark location.

No, I suspect the whole coin is a counterfeit. But I would need a closer examination.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrSpud you've been on a type acquisition rampage! I like the coins you add to your collection. How far along are you in your type set journey (say in percentage terms)?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thomas L. Elder
    Louisi•A•N•A Piker's Exposition, DeLorey-71

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Picker1954Picker1954 Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@Picker1954 said:

I sent it to NGC yesterday. What are your concerns?

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the quarter and half that match that look. B)

@Picker1954 said:

@dcarr said:

@Picker1954 said:

I sent it to NGC yesterday. What are your concerns?

My suspicion is that the whole coin is a modern fabrication. But it would take more examination to be sure.

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Tim, very nice accomplishment

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:
    Congratulations Tim, very nice accomplishment

Thanks 🌞

Mr_Spud

• RayboRaybo Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

@Eldorado9 said:

@Floridafacelifter said:
    A new toner from Stacks
    67+ CAC

Congrats Buddy, I saw it in the auction! Truly amazing rock star coin! That's an Eldo coin!

That has GOT to be the most beautiful Barber quarter I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Congratulations on such a stellar piece👌

I agree Joe, and I'm not a fan of Barbers.

• RayboRaybo Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mavs2583 said:
    OGH Shield Nickel for the type set

I love Shield Nickels!

• MtnCreek29MtnCreek29 Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

Very nice, Mr. Spud.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file