Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:
    I know this is a very common coin. But, I figured for $13. delivered...why not?

rotated die? or not enough for attribution?

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    This arrived yesterday also

I wanna be @Twobitcollector when I grow up . . . .

Like that's ever going to happen . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice pick up

Kennedys are my quest...

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:
    I know this is a very common coin. But, I figured for $13. delivered...why not?

?

$13 is awesome! What's not to like? :)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    This is coming hopefully any day now......cant wait.

Ah, an "Anticipation" moment. Lol
    Beautiful coin, dude. <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Got a Whale of a deal. $20 The owner wanted to clear out her inventory.

She practically gave it to ya! What an awesome purchase! Joey!

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021 3:20AM

@Dscoin said:
    Cell phone actually didn’t take too bad of photos especially if you zoom in a bit.

The white chalky surfaces on this coin appear to indicate that this coin has been puttied. The puttying of gold coins was fairly common during the OGH era and was done to hide hairline scratches. It will usually easily come off with acetone and seldom causes damage to the coin it was applied to.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

edited January 26, 2021 7:51PM

3 Nickel pick-ups. One actual bullion

Proof 1964

Possible 64d/d?

1/10 OZ.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Just got this pre Civil War $3. OGH and lower mintage that is not too scratched up. The scratches are on the holder. Original look that I liked. Bought from Grant at DGSE. Nice guy to do business with.

I agree. I like the coin. Plus I have bought several coins from Grant. Always top notch to deal with.

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    After the long winter of my discontent, I was able to secure this 79-CC for my Morgan Registry. Thanks to Steve at PQ Dollars:

My opinion, that one is gold CAC worthy . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

edited January 23, 2021 2:17PM

The 1964d Jefferson I thought was a RPM. NO RPM but look how beautiful this business strike is. A Few Steps too.

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:

@pointfivezero said:
    After the long winter of my discontent, I was able to secure this 79-CC for my Morgan Registry. Thanks to Steve at PQ Dollars:

My opinion, that one is gold CAC worthy . . .

Z

Thanks @ZoidMeister! Let's hope JA agrees with you. Will be sending it in as soon as I receive it.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Trying to make 3 different sets.
    One each of "First Week of Discovery, Early Find and just a normal business strike.
    We will see how this goes as the "w" coins are only a filler for me as I would rather spend my cash on upgrading the Kennedy sets.

Kennedys are my quest...

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed a true monster VAM by about a minute...

With a little luck and reading thru the toning, I am pretty sure I found baby Godzilla the next day.

USPS don't fail me now!

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file