• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 4:08AM

Can u see me now

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

• Options

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@habaraca said:
    Things to ponder...

The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54.

The inventor of gymnastics died at the age of 57.

The world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41.

The best soccer player in the world, Maradona, died at the age of 60.

And then..

KFC inventor died at 94.

Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88.

Cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102.

The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake.

Hennessy cognac, Irish inventor died at 98.

How did doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?

The rabbit is always jumping, but it lives for only 2 years. The turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So ... Have a drink ... Take a nap ...Smoke a Cigar, and if you wake up, have some ice cream and cake !!!

Jim Fixx, the author of the very popular book, "The Complete Book of Running", died of a heart attack at age 52. (Brought to you by a dedicated runner...)

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 12:33PM

Opium has been around for thousands of years. How could it have an inventor?

If the "world bodybuilding champion" died at the age of 41, can one show us Arnold Schwarzenegger's obituary?

About Jim Fixx, he wrote in his book that one could not control heredity by running and he noted that his father
    had died of a heart attack at the age of 42. Jim Fixx died at the age of 52. Is it possible that his exercise added 10 years to his life?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

__the-forum-needs-a-little-humor :D

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    QE GuyQE Guy Posts: 307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    Opium has been around for thousands of years. How could it have an inventor?

If the "world bodybuilding champion" died at the age of 41, can one show us Arnold Schwarzenegger's obituary?

About Jim Fixx, he wrote in his book that one could not control heredity by running and he noted that his father
    had died of a heart attack at the age of 42. Jim Fixx died at the age of 52. Is it possible that his exercise added 10 years to his life?

Too bad he spent those extra 10 years running.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 12:53PM

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

@JWP said:

been there done that...many years ago :D

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

does anyone recall which one this was?

just posted it recently and gone already but can't recall what it was w/o something to jog my mem.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

All you need…

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    ok, this should get you a few laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98cDe_7DgA4

son of a gun. this one too?

looks like i'm gonna have to start posting the channels along with the vids like with do with counterfeit images and ebay accts.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    ok. depending on your sense of humor and what you consider to be just laughable humor or ironic, mind-blowing to the point of laughter, this is way out there but i laughed several times at seeing the bounds pushed in a fun and creative way from something that by all means that should be dead and nearly forgotten about. not with humans. a little creativity, reviving, new technology and voila. a whole new animal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_KY_EwZEVA

just a useless update but if another video i've watched is accurate, tetris is the highest selling game (n qty) from creation of video games until like a year ago or something. NO SMALL FEAT INDEED!

• Options

When I was in the USAF I did a tour with a Combat Communication Squadron where we deployed with USA and supplied their communication needs for CAS (Close Air Support) mission. And yes I had to live in a TENT. One deployment we had some ROTC members with us. When we ate our meals in the field, we ate MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat - dehydrated high calorie meals) in water proof bags. These MRE's had a half life of forever, and yes they tasted like dog food on a good day. This one female ROTC member ate her 1st ever MRE and loved it so much that she are 2 more for lunch. This was her real problem, she drank 4 bottles of water at lunch also. Later that afternoon, the water started to hydrate those 3 MRE's in her stomach. She swelled up like the Pillsbury Dough Girl, but had no smile and no one even dared to get close enough to stick their finger in her bulging tummy. To make a long story short, she cried and screamed and yelled ######### as the medical team carried her away. I used to think that some people cussed like drunken sailors, but I know different now.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

You dropped something.
    Your attitude, pick it up !

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will put hair on your heads.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2022 10:47PM

@JWP said:
    When I was in the USAF I did a tour with a Combat Communication Squadron where we deployed with USA and supplied their communication needs for CAS (Close Air Support) mission. And yes I had to live in a TENT. One deployment we had some ROTC members with us. When we ate our meals in the field, we ate MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat - dehydrated high calorie meals) in water proof bags. These MRE's had a half life of forever, and yes they tasted like dog food on a good day. This one female ROTC member ate her 1st ever MRE and loved it so much that she are 2 more for lunch. This was her real problem, she drank 4 bottles of water at lunch also. Later that afternoon, the water started to hydrate those 3 MRE's in her stomach. She swelled up like the Pillsbury Dough Girl, but had no smile and no one even dared to get close enough to stick their finger in her bulging tummy. To make a long story short, she cried and screamed and yelled ######### as the medical team carried her away. I used to think that some people cussed like drunken sailors, but I know different now.

I was in the USAF too. I only had MREs a few times always during an exercise. I would always vomit within an hour of eating one. Those things are terrible. I had C-Rats early in my career. Those were far better than MREs and I didn’t have to worry about getting sick from them. I guess the bright side of MREs was once it came up I was done with the exercise for the day.

• Options

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

“So I saw an older man with a fishing rod outside my local bar fishing in a puddle. It was rainy and little chilly and he just looked so cold!
    So I said to him: ‘Come in for a drink and get warm.’
    As we sipped our whiskeys, I was trying to think of something to say. I thought I would humor him a little.
    So I asked him, "How many have you caught today?"
    He replied, "You’re my fourth!"

• Options

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A man comes home from a night of drinking. As he falls through the doorway, his wife snaps at him: "What's the big idea coming home half drunk?"
    The man replies: "I'm sorry, honey. I ran out of money."

Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A famous professor of surgery died and went to heaven. At the pearly gates he was asked by the gatekeeper, "Have you ever committed a sin you truly regret?""Yes," the professor answered. "When I was a young candidate at the Hospital of Saint Lucas, we played soccer against a team from the Community Hospital, and I scored a goal, which was off-side. But the referee did not see it, and the goal won us the match. I regret that now."
    "Well," said the gatekeeper. "That is a very minor sin. You may enter."
    "Thank you very much, Saint Peter," the professor answered.
    "You're welcome, but I am not Saint Peter," said the gatekeeper. "He is having his lunch break. I am Saint Lucas."

Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file