• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

watching this reminded me how much i used to enjoy a good comedian that could just mock all the races/genders and laugh and everyone goes home unoffended. so if you are offended by such, this video is not for you. if you are ok, he has some other skits that are pretty good imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4f9GjPM64

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@JWP said:

ok. that is pretty darn funny!!!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@JWP said:

at least the important violation is one of such a nature as some may consider, natural selection? :wink:

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2022 6:25PM

@marcmoish said:
    removed for fact check confirmation.

I've been waiting for 4 days.

I haven't left the apt.

The food is starting to run out.

Any response from the fact checkers?

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2022 8:34PM

Yes @jkrk I was assured no penny owed, and this was a phish attempt. OK to leave your apt, and get some fresh air 😏🤣

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo...Yo... RELAX ! George.

Bacon ?

• Options

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the news:

South Carolina outlaws molesting alligators

The bill would allow a $500 to $1,000 fine for people who "feed, entice, or molest" an alligator.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

Weird Laws in South Carolina

You Need a Permit to Fire a Missile
    According to S.C. Ann. § 23-33-20, anyone who wants to fire a missile in South Carolina must first obtain a written permit from the Aeronautics Division of the Department of Commerce. While it does seem wise to prevent the random firing of missiles, one wonders how often this issue comes up.

Violators can be charged with a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $100, not more than 30 days in prison, or both.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did a week's worth of cardio ... after walking into a spider web.

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    Weird Laws in South Carolina

You Need a Permit to Fire a Missile
    According to S.C. Ann. § 23-33-20, anyone who wants to fire a missile in South Carolina must first obtain a written permit from the Aeronautics Division of the Department of Commerce. While it does seem wise to prevent the random firing of missiles, one wonders how often this issue comes up.

Violators can be charged with a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $100, not more than 30 days in prison, or both.

does the language specify what constitutes a missile?

• Options
    edited March 1, 2022 10:19AM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

Yes,

South Carolina Code of Laws
    Unannotated
    Title 23 - Law Enforcement and Public Safety

CHAPTER 33

Missiles

SECTION 23-33-10. "Missile" defined.

A "missile," as contemplated by this chapter, shall be defined as any object or substance hurled through the air by the use of gunpowder or any other explosive substance whether purchased by the individual or compounded from chemicals.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-131; 1958 (50) 1904.

SECTION 23-33-20. Permit required for firing missile.

Before any person shall fire or attempt to fire or discharge any missile within the borders of this State, he shall first procure a written permit from the Aeronautics Division of the Department of Commerce on such form as it may prescribe.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-132; 1958 (50) 1904; 1993 Act No. 181, Section 361.

SECTION 23-33-30. Exemptions from application of chapter.

The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to the firing or discharge of missiles by any agency of the Federal or State government, to small firearms or to fireworks now authorized by law.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-133; 1958 (50) 1904.

SECTION 23-33-40. Penalties.

Any person violating the provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and be fined not more than one hundred dollars or be imprisoned for not more than thirty days or both, in the discretion of the court.

• Options

hmm. i wonder if shooting a gun into the air in "celebration" would qualify or perhaps shooting at birds higher than a 45 angle?

that's one of the reasons i love watching supreme court arguements. nitpick every detail one can think of for the sake of covering all basis. ;)

the gun thing wasn't why i initially asked though.

guess it is time to try and find some rocket-themed memes. lol

• Options

• Options

i think this qualifies as a "rocket" projectile since it uses a "chemical compound" as a source of propulsion? it may even garner the attention of the government since there is "fission?"

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2022 6:40AM

@hammer1 said:

Puerto Rico was the cap to get for the Atlanta in the late 60's to complete the team set of Atlanta Braves players to turn in for baseball stuff!

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

Yes,

Unannotated

CHAPTER 33

Missiles

A "missile," as contemplated by this chapter, shall be defined as any object or substance hurled through the air by the use of gunpowder or any other explosive substance whether purchased by the individual or compounded from chemicals.

Before any person shall fire or attempt to fire or discharge any missile within the borders of this State, he shall first procure a written permit from the Aeronautics Division of the Department of Commerce on such form as it may prescribe.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-132; 1958 (50) 1904; 1993 Act No. 181, Section 361.

The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to the firing or discharge of missiles by any agency of the Federal or State government, to small firearms or to fireworks now authorized by law.

Any person violating the provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and be fined not more than one hundred dollars or be imprisoned for not more than thirty days or both, in the discretion of the court.

I read this as the state's attempt to limit the launching of fireworks, or at least that seems to be the reasoning behind the low fine. Actually, now that I read closer I see that fireworks are exempted. Looks like if you just decide to launch your spare Tomahawk cruise missile in South Carolina, they can only slap you with a hundred dollar fine and 30 days in prison. Now, where to get one of those missiles and how to get it to SC... lol :D

Coin Photographer.

• Options

@FlyingAl said:
    I read this as the state's attempt to limit the launching of fireworks, or at least that seems to be the reasoning behind the low fine. Actually, now that I read closer I see that fireworks are exempted. Looks like if you just decide to launch your spare Tomahawk cruise missile in South Carolina, they can only slap you with a hundred dollar fine and 30 days in prison. Now, where to get one of those missiles and how to get it to SC... lol :D

hehe

that was my first thought upon reading your posts. wondering if it isn't too bad an idea for some citizens around the country to know how to and not be limited by law in the case of an invasion or the like but didn't want to go to far with it given the ban-propensity of our members, the sensitive climate around this issue (not JUST ukraine) and being off-topic so far even in an off-topic thread. ;)

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl said:

@1630Boston said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

Yes,

Unannotated

CHAPTER 33

Missiles

The sad thing is some elected official had to have thought "you know, this sounds like a good idea for a new law". Then somebody had to write it up, send it through committee, debate/discuss it, vote on it, then the Governor signed it. Yet nobody thought enough to say, " is this really needed"?

Maybe that's the funniest thing about the whole post🐒

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list