Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Luck, dude. Find a Key! ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Good Luck, dude. Find a Key! ;)

I Gotta create a cheat sheet for Wheaties - Wait a minute, did I spell that right? I cant even spell wheeties, wheats wth.

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 10:46PM

Found a 1844 Cent mixed in with the customer rolled halves, oldest coin I have found in CRH. I can read half of liberty on the head band so it's a G I believe. Looked it up, $20 to $25 value, Cheers.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 11:25PM

Hey, I received this 2009 cent and looking at this image of Lincoln it seems a little, off or am I missing something ?
    Look at his clothing in photo. Let me know what that is on his shoulder resembling an arm.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice clipped planchet cent Joey.... Not seeing the DDO though....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2021 1:21PM

Hey Joey- Slow down man, take a breath. I can't keep up with all your threads and posts!! :D

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12946278#Comment_12946278

• Options

Dave's not here man!

• Options
    edited May 27, 2021 4:49PM

1943p DDO? FS-102

What do you guys think? Thanks

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Hmmm, I don't think so. Looks to much shelf like. But I'm not an expert.

• Options
    edited May 27, 2021 5:22PM

Went to Variety Vista. Looks like maybe the FS-019?

Here's Mine

• Options

I don't know Joey, it could be. Not sure. You're looking in the right spot though.

• Options
    edited May 27, 2021 10:48PM

Unusual Find!

Proof Keel Boat

Rough but still a cool catch

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got $100 (10 rolls) in customer wrapped quarters from a new bank, I figured I would find nothing in customer wrapped rolls, as I never do find anything. There was only 1 Delaware quarter in these rolls. It happens to be spitting horse variety. There are quite a few versions of this variety. I guess that more then one die got cracked. this version is difficult to see. You need the coin at just the right angle. Nothing else though in the quarters.

I also got $2000 in dollar coins. Not much here only a few NIFC's (6) and they were lightly circulated except for the Jim Thorpe. And some kind of a medal posing as a dollar (same on both sides) coin. Same on both sides.
    and a 1988 German 2 mark coin.

These were the worst 2 boxes of dollars ever. If I sell the Jim Thorpe coin for $3 and the German 2 mark for 50 cents, I might break even.
    on these two boxes.
    Not complaining, that is just the way it goes sometimes. At least it can't get any worse (I, hope!)

• Options

@rec78
    You seem to be the connoisseur of the dollar coins. So what’s the story, there aren’t very many high-grade examples or pricing of the same. So is there just very little interest in these or just very few high grade examples?
    I recently found some that would easily grade 67 and possibly 68 but I’m a little hesitant with the aforementioned.

• Options
    edited May 29, 2021 2:38PM

@rec78 said:
    These were the worst 2 boxes of dollars ever.

I can concur. Most $ boxes contain nothing really special but maybe the Susan B. 1979p near rim or the NIFC's you mentioned. Don't forget some of the Presidential Dollars. Some have the "missing letters " or the "A or B" lettering. At least these may carry a premium? ;)

• Options
    edited May 29, 2021 1:46PM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @rec78
    You seem to be the connoisseur of the dollar coins. So what’s the story, there aren’t very many high-grade examples or pricing of the same. So is there just very little interest in these or just very few high grade examples?
    I recently found some that would easily grade 67 and possibly 68 but I’m a little hesitant with the aforementioned.

Apparently there is little interest. I am in no way a connoisseur! I have only searched about 6 or 8 boxes so far. The first boxes were great yielding many BU presidential coins and about 70 NIFC's so far 2002-2021. I decided to try fill all the current dollar albums (Sacagaweas', Presidential (P+D), and Innovation dollars) from these boxes. So far I have 52 presidential dollars out of 80. All Bu. I don't know how many sac's as I don't have the album yet. And 4 innovation dollars.
    The innovation dollars are the ones to get. Mintages are lowest and designs are neatest. They are the real NIFC's. Per 2022 red book- mintages for the first innovator dollars is 750,875 - P and 724,475 -D. None of the mintages after the initiation coins are above 440,000. I do not know how these get in circulation, but they do, but I have only found 4 so far.
    For the Native American or Sac. dollars while dates after 2011 are called NIFC's, the mint dumps any overrun or leftover coins into circulation.
    If there is one thing I really hate about these coins, it is putting the dates and mm's on the edges, takes too much time to find the mm's. The ideas of MM's is to immediately know where it is from, not having to search a rim and hope to distinguish a D from a P with a magnifying glass.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky Buffalo? Found this in a nickel roll and just for the heck of it I put it on eBay - No sale so far.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited May 29, 2021 4:51PM

Two well known Cherry pick's

The Accented Hair variety

My first cherry picks in quite some time.
    ;)
    My total cost
    $24
    Now, I have to check for any of the two having any doubling.

• Options

@rec78 I’m not sure what the innovative dollar is but I have mostly presidential dollars. I will certainly have two or three of them graded because they look so good :-)
    And I have yet to even check them for errors because I’m too busy trying to get my next order together. Then every other day a new box comes home so the next order gets put off. And so on and on and on and on.
    Oh the hunt :)

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    I found a nice unc. 1998 wide AM last night in a Loomis roll.
    I usually don't have good luck with "customer wrapped" rolls.

Not every roll searcher, searches or has knowledge of, all the varieties, and then they may just miss some.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @rec78 I’m not sure what the innovative dollar is but I have mostly presidential dollars. I will certainly have two or three of them graded because they look so good :-)
    And I have yet to even check them for errors because I’m too busy trying to get my next order together. Then every other day a new box comes home so the next order gets put off. And so on and on and on and on.

I believe it was the one of the American Innovation Dollars being referred to there :smiley:https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/coin-programs/american-innovation-dollar-coins/

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did 16 more rolls from the box of halves, 19 rolls left to go...
    Still no silver. But I did get two nice MS condition halves from this batch.
    A 1971-D and a 1996-D
    Way too many sharpied halves in the Denver area...likely because Loomis services all the local banks.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

I believe it was the one of the American Innovation Dollars being referred to there :smiley:https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/coin-programs/american-innovation-dollar-coins/

Yes those are the ones. So far I have found two of the "American Innovators" coins and 2 of the Pennsylvania coins and 1 New Jersey light bulb. All Philadelphia mint.

• Options

In my final cent rolls (10),
    Finally, found the 2006p DDO Cent.

Normal 2006p

DDO 2006p

• Options

@Kliao Looks like it to me and the good news is that PCGS recognizes this one.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1966-50c-ddo-fs-101-013-8/146050

• Options

That's a winner @Kliao, anyway you look at it!

Always nice to cherrypick yourself!!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Thanks guys. It's a AU/BU slider so not worth the cost of grading but sill a $40 coin which is pretty nice. Hopefully I find 1 or 2 more nice ones.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

I brake for Chase bank... and sometimes swerve across five lanes of traffic in the process :D

• Options

Wells Fargo too if I don’t have to well, go far.

• Options

Fell off the Wagon. Lol.

Couldn't resist finding 150 customer rolls from a Wisconsin Chase Bank.

Just a quick glance, already seen two wheat enders!

• Options

Those look juicy!

• Options
    edited June 5, 2021 8:58AM

@joeykoins said:

Fell off the Wagon. Lol.

Eh, not as I expected so far. Went through approximately, 25 rolls. Many wheats, 8. But nothing key or exciting. Maybe, a 1983p DDR? Have to examine more closer.
    :*
    I'll keep ya informed.
    Disappointing.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@joeykoins said:

Fell off the Wagon. Lol.

Eh, not as I expected so far. Went through approximately, 25 rolls. Many wheats, 8. But nothing key or exciting. Maybe, a 1983p DDR? Have to examine more closer.
    :*
    I'll keep ya informed.
    Disappointing.

At least with finding wheat cents, you know that the rolls are unsearched and you have a chance!

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:
    In one roll. I think that 62 is silver.

Yep, .800 fine.

• Options

Thanks MarkKelley!

• Options
    edited June 6, 2021 11:00PM

Finally

Something!
    1998 Wide AM Cent

A tad dingy but a sharp strike

• Options

YAY! Good one Joey, I always look for one, but I never found an 1998 or 1999 wide AM yet. I Have two or three 2000 wide AM's. NOW go find a 1999!!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins... Nice find... Your diligence pays off... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Another mystery?
    1960d

PMD or RPD?

Thanks guys :)

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the damage with metal movement camp.......

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Finally

Something!
    1998 Wide AM Cent

What do you mean "Finally" you've been killin' it lately. I recently found a 99 wide AM, haven't posted it yet because it looks like something Emerald would post.

• Options
    edited June 7, 2021 2:01PM

@CoinscratchFever said:

@joeykoins said:

Finally

Something!
    1998 Wide AM Cent

What do you mean "Finally" you've been killin' it lately.

:D
    You're funny, dude. What I meant was "finally", found something out of the 150 penny rolls I picked up from Wisconsin. Nothing until now. Well, besides the 17 wheat cents I found.
    Thanks
    Congrats on the 1999 find. The Big One!
    Even in lower grades it still has a nice price.

• Options
    edited June 7, 2021 9:06PM

WoW, Another One!

Much, much better condition too.

#2. 1998 Wide AM Cent RED

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

A one question ?
    Looks brushed or blushed in that one spot.
    Now I want a Donut.
    Speaking of dunkin , found a 1940 nickel.
    Have to find out about the mint marks location because I cant find it.

Silver !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file