Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 11:54AM

Us Cherry Pickers

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Us Cherry Pickers

Yukon Cornelius! Silver!!!!🤣😂

• Options

@USSID17 said:
    We'll see....

Are they new or old coin rolls?

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 2:55PM

Got skunked!! All new 95-P's. Junk clad!!

That teller ripped me off!!

BTW: I only opened up 2 rolls to check. I'm not opening the rest. I'm taking them back to another bank.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugg!

• Options

No chance of W's with the date on this box so I only took half.

• Options

Well there doesn't seem to be a coin shortage in your areas! Here in Maryland my local banks are telling me no more quarters until further notice 😪

• Options

@USSID17 said:

WOW! Never in my wildest dreams. Unheard of. I like to see that happen to Rob, from "Rob Finds Treasure." Just to see his reaction. Lol
    Sorry, buddy. Why couldn't those rolls be 1964's? ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:

BTW: I only opened up 2 rolls to check. I'm not opening the rest. I'm taking them back to another bank.

If I were you I'd sell them on eBay.
    You should be able to get at least $20/roll

• Options
    edited May 11, 2021 3:36PM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    No chance of W's with the date on this box so I only took half.

No W's, but you can find Silver, varieties/errors, Toners AND the 2018p DDO Pictured Rocks Michigan Quarter. ;)

• Options

@mannie gray said:

@USSID17 said:

If I were you I'd sell them on eBay.
    You should be able to get at least $20/roll

I see your point but no way! That would be to much aggravation.....shipping, eBay & PayPal fees.....forget it!

• Options

Was able to capture the toning beauty on this usual blah 1976 Kennedy. Lol

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 4:38PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Well there doesn't seem to be a coin shortage in your areas! Here in Maryland my local banks are telling me no more quarters until further notice 😪

Also from Maryland. Now I know why I can’t find many W’s

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Actually, today a Chase bank told me of a coin shortage but that they would trade me two boxes of customer wrapped Lincoln cents for my two brand new boxes that I offered...
    When I got back in my truck and opened the boxes I discovered that they were actually Loomis rolls >:)

On a lighter note, they are holding $150 worth of dollar coins for me until Thursday because I didn’t have enough time to open an account there this afternoon. Now I will have accounts at five or six different banks equaling well over 100 locations in my area.

Teller: Do you have an account here with us?
    Me: yes! As a matter of fact I do :D

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Well I am culling down the results of 6 boxes of Kennedy Half Dollars. Worked on the 1976s today, had to reject 28 nice ones because of the circle of death. One looked like a 67+ with a nice counter mark/gash between the r and the t. I had set these aside from the first couple of boxes until I found out what they were, drat. I am getting to narrow down the grading after looking at 6000 of them. Got through all the 70s today. Cheers.

• Options

Chase

Comes through for me once again!

Another 2019 W Memorial

• Options
    edited May 12, 2021 10:09PM

CHASE POWER!

2020 W Salt River Bay

• Options
    edited May 12, 2021 11:14PM

3RD Find

in 2 Hours!

1964d Type "C" Quarter!

SILVER

The Quarter is a STUNNER to boot!

• Options

1971d DDO-004?

• Options

Found another one.
    Get a load of that crazy die crack!

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

CHASE POWER!

2020 W Salt River Bay

Nice halves too...you might have more luck finding varieties than anyone I've ever known! ...Are you the ONLY coin hunter/collector in your city and county lol!?

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited May 13, 2021 8:20PM

I got some super shiny shiny for tonight!!! I don't want to jinx myself, but I have some high hopes for W's from these!
    You can also that there are two older rolls my teller had found in the vault which are slightly grey and have clearly been experiencing some compression for quite a while, hoping for something interesting in those too!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Exciting @Kurisu
    And I got some Shiners too!
    This is gonna take a while because there are a ton of error coins to look up. A few of these may even be grade worthy.

Half of them look like this.

And the other half look like this :-)

With nice looking gold toning.

• Options

@Kurisu said:

...Are you the ONLY coin hunter/collector in your city and county lol!?

:D
    I wish!
    :D
    Thanks

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2021 3:54AM

Went through $1000 face value in halves today - Bank Wrapped Roll's. Found 3 - 40% silver (my first silvers since I began searching halves about a month ago-no 90%ter's yet) and only 5 NIFC's. And got skunked on a worn 1913 Great Britain penny worth maybe 10 cents. The NIFC's are slowing down fast. I was averaging 15 NIFC halves per box. But in the last 4 boxes there were only 12 NIFC's (Average only 3 per box). I will give halves one more try next week, and then go back to dollar coins.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2021 7:27AM

• Options
    edited May 15, 2021 1:11AM

$600 bag of FUN!

100 Rolls

of Quarters and Nickels.
    Probably weighs 40 Lbs.

• Options

I got the other two this morning just before My Tee Time :)

• Options
    edited May 14, 2021 10:02PM

SILVER!

• Options
    edited May 15, 2021 12:10AM

Another Brother

from a different mother! Lol

SILVER!

2 In one Roll!

So far,

3 Silver Wartimes

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice war nickels find @JoeyCoins ... Now find a V nickel... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited May 15, 2021 10:58PM

Toasty, Nevertheless!

#4 Silver War Nickel Find

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

290 NIFCs of which 34 were not 2018 Ds. 4 of the 2018s are going to be sent in for grading, they have none of what I call spider webbing at the rims of the Obverse. One of the 1987 Ds is also going to be sent in. 8 ea. 40 %, 2 ea. 90 % out of 6 boxes of halves. Most NIFCs out of one box was 92. Much easier on my eyes so will get more halves after I get the rest sorted out. Cheers.

• Options

@In4apenny Sounds like you scored some nice ones, show us some pics and/or grades when they arrive.
    I’m currently putting an order together along with a CAC submission.

• Options

RAINBOW Weir Farm

Enjoy this coin just as much as if it was a "W"!

• Options
    edited May 17, 2021 12:32AM

This is CRAZY!
    After I soaked the Rainbow Weir Farm find in acetone. The Tone

Disappeared! :o

Just gone away.
    So whatever the tone that showed was. It really wasn't a true tone. I soaked previous toned coins in acetone before. Never did the tone leave. Until now. Wow? Very disappointed. :o:/

• Options

Bummer @joeykoins My experiences with dipping have just never been good so, I don't do it anymore. Sure, you might remove some gunk but you're gonna strip the luster in the process.
    I've read (here) where it works in certain situations and watered down solutions but it wasn't like you were gonna get that one graded anyway.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins ... If the dip was only acetone, then the surface was contaminated with organic material. It was not tarnish. Acetone does not affect metals. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I bet you won't catch those monster toned Morgan guys dipping!! :D

• Options

No W's in the super shiny rolls but a few beautiful ones...
    The 2008-D Hawaii is listed at $65 in MS67...missed it by that much lol! But still pretty!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited May 17, 2021 7:47AM

@Kurisu said:

...but a few beautiful ones...

Nice Statehoods. Congrats, I just found an exquisite one myself. Virtually flawless!
    New Mexico 2008d

PCGS has mine listed a ms 68 for $1200. I'm almost positive that it will reach that mark or even BETTER.

• Options

Just realized. Swiftly approaching my 9000th post! Wow, just hit my 8000th, not too long ago. Lol

To the extremes

First quarter search roll tonight. :)

• Options
    edited May 18, 2021 7:55AM

Sorry, mistakenly posted my pics here when these weren't found by CRHunting. :o

Improved pics

All from an old album picked individually

• Options

Today’s pickins, hopefully something worthy of a trip to our host.

• Options
    edited May 18, 2021 10:13PM

Good Luck searching those rolls.

2013 S NIFC

Very Low Mintage 1,425,860

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:

I have two 1995 Kennedy’s with nice die cracks at the 7 O’clock position of the obv that I found roll searching. The only two out of about 700,000 searched. I would definitely take a look for errors.

• Options

@air4mdc said:

@USSID17 said:

I have two 1995 Kennedy’s with nice die cracks at the 7 O’clock position of the obv that I found roll searching. The only two out of about 700,000 searched. I would definitely take a look for errors.

Yes, I hear what you're saying. It's just no-way near the time and effort for me. Besides. I'm limited to my drop zones (banks) and I definitely don't want to give my problem to another bank. I'm lucky they will take the machine wrapped rolls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file