Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

An update on my sticky roll of dollars...

Some kind of adhesive. Had a slightly green tinge to it...
    Acetoned for a couple days which took off about half of it.
    90% alcohol for a day which took off more...some gentle q-tip treatment and back in the acetone for another day and then more q-tipping. Then a swish in the alcohol again and then distilled water...
    It was actually a kind of a strangely fun challenge but I'm weird like that lol!

Unfortunate marks were revealed on the 2008-P with the super low mintage of 1.82 million.
    2015-D Position A Kennedy looks pretty nice but not nearly as nice as I was hoping.

BEFORE

AFTER

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you're right. No recognition from the Cherry Pickers Guide.
    1967p TDR ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2021 9:44PM

The Fantastic Four

Found these today.
    Yes, from CRHunting! Hard to believe these were in the Wild. :o

1967p Silver!

1976d

1967p DDR Silver!

1973d Toner

I love CRHunting!
    :D

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 more rolls from two different banks.

Doing more of a shotgun approach.

A couple Denver mint coins but no West Point.

Set aside all 2019 and 2020 coins.

For both grading and don't want to search them twice...lol

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    edited May 3, 2021 9:21PM

@yspsales said:

Awesome! ;)
    Don't forget to check those 2019 and 2020 Philadelphia's for the DDO's. Also, 2018p too. ;)

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:

For both grading and don't want to search them twice...lol

Luck of the draw!
    I like to clean them both out just in case.
    Sublimely speaking...
    Go back and buy them all tomorrow :p

• Options
    edited May 4, 2021 8:21PM

While I got back to my Nickel box, I accidentally came across 2 Quarter rolls mistakenly rolled under the coffee table. Lol. Might as well check the 80 Quarters then go back to my Nickel box. Maybe a W? We'll see. :*

• Options

Yep, nothing in the q.rolls.
    Back to the Nickels. I found this very interesting Nickel. Unusual find.
    There is the "Die Deterioration" coin and than there is the DIE DETERIORATION coin. Check this one out. To me, it appears very cool looking actually. B)
    1962p

• Options

Grease Filled

2011p?

• Options

Just left a fancy chase bank. They didn’t have any customer wrapped rolls because on this highfalutin side of town nobody brings pennies :D
    And since they only had $10 to sell me, they gave me money pouches, fancy!
    I normally turn down fed wrapped rolls but this was red carpet service and look at the ender.

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 10:37AM

Very cool. Awesome bag Giveaway, as well! B)
    Good Luck ;)

• Options

Had the itch Lol... just decided to do a very circulated looking Loomis roll before bed...

A lovely lustrous fun one because these NC 2002 are usually pretty trashed in these highly circulated rolls...
    And also a minor struck through on a 2020...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2021 11:56AM

Searched $2000 in dollar coins. Found 40, yeah 40 NIFC Sac's. Most dated 2004-D (4), 2005-D (13) 2008-P (4) Also 4 Innovation dollars, 4 Jim Thorpe Dollars (2018) mintage 1.4 million P and 1.4 million D. One 2021- American Indians in the US Military (Could be MS69)-(My first 2021 coin). And a New Jersey light bulb(2019) mintage 421,375. All choice to gem Bu excepting for the NJ bulb which is actually quite circulated. And 4 Proof presidential issues. Dollar coins are the thing to search right now. Many goodies available. Way too many to photo, but here is the Jersey Light bulb.

• Options

@Kurisu That is some nice luster and agree those early 2000's are usually so banged up that you can hardly read the date.

• Options

@rec78 How did you come about them? Did you have to special order from your bank or did you shotgun several locations and they just happen to have them? I'm ready to switch gears and that sounds like fun. But first I have to cash in 120,000 cents :D:#:/

• Options
    edited May 7, 2021 12:10PM

I have to order them from a bank. $2000 minimum, (2 boxes) , which is what I order. For the Halves and dollars, you most likely will have to order them from a bank unless someone just dropped them off. Some banks charge, some don't. One bank charges me 10 cents a roll ($8.00 for 80 rolls of dollars. $1000 face) For dollars there are 25 per roll. I don't mind paying the $8.00 (for two boxes) or $10 for other denominations, at least I can have the fun or the search.

• Options

Cool, I'll try my luck by just adding the dollars and/or quarters to my penny requests at first and see how good that works.
    And maybe order some from my business bank.

• Options
    edited May 8, 2021 10:56AM

Check it out! Maybe, a Wartime ender?

Looks like an "S"?

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forget the coins Joey. You need to buy stock in Starbucks!

• Options

No, steps look wrong to be a war nickel. My guess is that it is a 1991-D with environmental damage.

• Options
    edited May 8, 2021 9:07PM

Finally!

Completed the 10 "W" search in all 2019 and 2020 Quarter Series.

War in the Pacific

Finally tracked down! My first, "War in The Pacific".

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Finally!

Completed the 10 "W" search in all 2019 and 2020 Quarter Series.

Congrats on that!! That's gotta be a great feeling!! Do you plan on storing them together in 5 coin Whitman or Capital holders?

• Options

Thanks! No plans. Finally. #57 too. The year I was born. Lol. :)
    As for the Nickel Wartime Ender. NO. It was a 1995d. :D Still very pleased in the 5 Quarter Rolls.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Thanks! No plans. Finally. #57 too. The year I was born. Lol. :)
    As for the Nickel Wartime Ender. NO. It was a 1995d. :D Still very pleased in the 5 Quarter Rolls.

Huh? You were born in 1957? Really? I thought you were born in 1997!

• Options

@rec78 said:
    Huh? You were born in 1957? Really? I thought you were born in 1997!

What? I don't look my age? :D:D
    Thanks

• Options

Opened a couple rolls tonight and stumbled into a handful of nice condition earlier edition state quarters.
    I've got some oral surgery tomorrow so we'll see if pain medicine makes me want to search rolls later in the day lol...

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Have fun with that! I just had a root canal but I’m putting off (for now) getting 2 or 3 wisdom teeth surgically removed.
    It’s a trade off for the doctor going to the dark side :# butt from what I understand they put you under either way.............................................................

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Have fun with that! I just had a root canal but I’m putting off (for now) getting 2 or 3 wisdom teeth surgically removed.
    It’s a trade off for the doctor going to the dark side :# butt from what I understand they put you under either way.............................................................

I feel you.
    I'm in my 50s and not messing around with dental things...had a bone graft 6 months ago for a front tooth that's been a cap since I was a pre-teen but was no longer safe to have a post. Bone graft went well!!! Tomorrow I get the implant...in 4 months I get a permanent front tooth. 100% worth it.

For tomorrow I've opted not to be put under. I've been under 3 times during the last year and a half including for that bone graft and just want to minimize...so I'll be taking something relaxing before he starts and then nitrous and numbing...nothing about the process bothers me so minimizing the unconsciousness.

In just 4 days I'm having 3 crowns done on molars that have cracking along old filled cavities. Probably because I haven't been able to bite with my front teeth for 6 months now due to the bone graft and missing front tooth and so I've been using those molars to awkwardly take those first bites...also 100% worth it. Getting crowns before the cracks go to the roots and then I'd need 3 root canals instead. If they were molars in the very back I'd probably just opt to have them removed.

I do have a front tooth retainer that looks fully perfect but haven't really needed it at all due to masking lol!

I've taken incredibly good care of my teeth during the last 30 years...it was that first 20 I should've been paying more attention to lol. ...Another lesson learned later in life lol. ...Listen up kids! Brusha brusha brusha!!!!!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@kurisu sounds like you have a plan I wish you well. I’m in my 50’s too and all this maintenance is starting to piss me off :D BUTT if we are to hang with all these ole buzzards we had sure better.

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Opened a couple rolls tonight and stumbled into a handful of nice condition earlier edition state quarters.
    I've got some oral surgery tomorrow...

Nice finds. Hope everything goes well for you. o:)

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dammm that's gonna ...be a relief.
    Right ?
    Stay away from the puddy made from a yack.
    Kind of a band aid for inside your mouth. The incession needs to breath for ...A fast recovery.
    Now get back to work, oh, were having beef jerky for ...lunch is on me. Pancakes !

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, getting back on track.....🤣😂

I found my FIRST Salt River Bay W quarter in an old coin roll yesterday. I looked through 10 boxes of all new coin rolls last year and found none🙄

• Options

Good for you ,dude. Great feeling when it comes back to you, isn't it?
    Here's hoping I have the same occurrence.

New Quarter Box.

Circulated, of course! ;)

• Options
    edited May 10, 2021 10:21PM

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

PMD or Error?

1974p
    Many Pics

Thanks guys ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

PMD or Error?

1974p
    Many Pics

Thanks guys ;)

I've got to go with PMD...can't think of something that would cause that at the mint. Maybe from a coin sorter/counter but that damage looks so harsh, more like from machinery gears...

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a guess, because of what looks like two different scars.
    Joey get back with a yes or no on that. Cool.

• Options

2019 W Memorial

Can I officially claim that I am having a GOOD day? Lol

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

PMD or Error?

1974p
    Many Pics

Thanks guys ;)

Definite damage.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins .... That quarter is PMD.... Great pictures... Cheers, RickO

• Options

How about this pic?

• Options

• Options

Gotta go hit the banks! Talk to you later.

• Options

It breaks my heart when I find a W in this condition. Especially an

American Memorial W!😪

• Options
    edited May 11, 2021 8:27AM

Still, nice catch. It's a W!
    A soak in acetone, will make a slight difference. Try it. ;)
    Just hunted down one yesterday.

2019 Memorial

Before acetone bath

After acetone bath

Note worth mentioning.
    After the dry off, then
    A slight watered down Ezest dunk. Approx only 7- 10 seconds. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Still, nice catch. It's a W!
    A soak in acetone, will make a slight difference. Try it. ;)
    Just hunted down one yesterday.

2019 Memorial

Before acetone bath

After acetone bath

Note worth mentioning.
    After the dry off, then
    A slight watered down Ezest dunk. Approx only 7- 10 seconds. ;)

Thanks for the tip! I have about a dozen W in my reject tube stored in the Island of Misfit Toys box. I will see if Santa can find a home for them after I give them a bath😂🤣

• Options

My box of old coin rolls had 4 Tallgrass W, an American Memorial W and a W ender roll which I am saving.😎

• Options

We'll see....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file