Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    A one question ?
    Looks brushed or blushed in that one spot.
    Now I want a Donut.
    Speaking of dunkin , found a 1940 nickel.
    Have to find out about the mint marks location because I cant find it.

Silver !

Nice coin. Only if the Mint mark is HUGE on the upper portion of the reverse to be Silver. Keep on hunting. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

NOT silver! Mint mark is to the right of Monticello.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to know how the tonners get their look.
    Very cool.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Very cool.

Good question, and this isn't the first time I've come across these. Obviously some moisture but mixed with what? Surface contaminates, cigarette ashes, or maybe ole Scidle worked at a chemical plant - Better go wash up :D

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Very cool.

Somebody went to a junk yard and went through all of the junk cars cup holders?? Some of them Cup holder cents get really toned from all the acidic and surgary liquids being spilled on them.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2021 12:31PM

@joeykoins The Philippines coin is from 1974 and is not silver but I do see a 1943 silver quarter. Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@emeraldATV said:
    Very cool.

Somebody went to a junk yard and went through all of the junk cars cup holders?? Some of them Cup holder cents get really toned from all the acidic and surgary liquids being spilled on them.

I could see that but what’s up with the numbered stickers?
    I’ve come across these before and wondered if this was some kind of a game that people play.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    I could see that but what’s up with the numbered stickers?
    I’ve come across these before and wondered if this was some kind of a game that people play.

I have no idea - never saw that before. I've seen games at carnivals before where they would put numbers on the bottom of those little yellow plastic ducks that would be floating in a pool and you would pay a buck to pick one up - then you either got nothing or some kind of prize depending on the number. Maybe something like that? Who knows for sure.

• Options
    edited June 11, 2021 10:57AM

1994p Cent

NO, it's not the 94 ddr. Although, still something cool!
    Besides the Toning.

On the reverse. Where the ddr would be.

Feeder Finger scrapes?

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

I'm guessing that could be from feeder fingers - a whole coin picture would help get a better feel of what's going on for sure. Usually you don't see the finger damage go down into the devices of the die like on the lower right side of the memorial shows.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

... a whole coin picture would help get a better feel of what's going on for sure.

Thanks for checking my coin out. I already did take a whole coin picture? Here's another angle shot. Thanks again. ;)

• Options
    edited June 11, 2021 9:34AM

I'd say what's going on by the word OF is plating blisters. The scratches in the memorial bays could very well be feeder finger damage/die scratches.
    EDIT: And I'm sorry - yes, you did show full coin pics......totally missed it.

• Options

Don't you get snippy with me :D Happy Friday (hunting) peeps!

• Options
    edited June 11, 2021 1:37PM

Got my work cut out for me!

Fun Labor Lol.

• Options

Counter stamp?

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Roll 9

Sammie! (Sandwich)

1967 and 1964

Great find for 1 roll - are you looking for Doubled Dies also?

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a 3.

• Options
    edited June 11, 2021 6:18PM

@Steven59 said:

...are you looking for Doubled Dies also?

Yes, thank you! ;)
    Also, in this particular box I found two NIFC's. 2004p 2009p. In a past Half Bank box, I found the 1972d NO FG Variety. Got it graded by PCGS. Came back AU Cleaned. I was still ecstatic! Lol.

• Options

Found another one

1969d 40%

Thus far,

2 40 %'ers and one 90 %'er.
    1964 after 30 rolls.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Found another one

1969d 40%

Thus far,

2 40 %'ers and one 90 %'er.
    1964 after 30 rolls.

You are on a coin ROLLLLLLLLL for sure!!

• Options
    edited June 11, 2021 7:35PM

Here is that 1967.

DDR FS-801

Doubled Stars / Doubled Rays/ Doubled Letters

Minor Variety but still cool!

• Options

#4 after roll 41

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Removing damaged, dirty, and lower grades I’ve narrowed it down to 43 from roughly 15 rolls of these.
    Now, I’ll get in really close and again narrow it down to the select few and shoot some pics of those and some of the monster toners as well.

Maybe it's the slight angle, but I'm finding that 2003 to be really pretty :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Box 2

Of Half Dollars

NIFC 2009p Toned

Mintage=1,900,000

• Options
    edited June 12, 2021 1:54PM

Hit a random bank today. Asked if she had any halves she wanted to get rid of. She gave me these. All brand new 96-P's.

Anyone have a use/need for these??

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:
    Hit a random bank today. Asked if she had any halves she wanted to get rid of. She gave me these. All brand new 96-P's.

Anyone have a use/need for these??

Super nice to offer them up...$140 graded in MS68, no real varieties to speak of...brutal. lol!
    Maybe take a quick looksy for the MS68s :wink::blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu- Well, I see your point but I just don't have the time or inclination to search in the hopes of finding a 68. And if I did, then what? Submit them? The off-setting cost doesn't seen feasible.

Anywho, I'll keep them up here a few days. If someone makes it worth my while to mail them out, I well. If not, I'm throwing them back. I need the money to get other boxes.

• Options

@USSID17 said:

If someone makes it worth my while to mail them out, I well. If not, I'm throwing them back. I need the money to get other boxes.

I'll buy one if it includes your return address!!! C'mon Man............ LOL!

• Options
    edited June 12, 2021 10:57PM

Box 2

28th roll
    1st. NIFC

Mintage: 1,700,000

• Options

I got is a half of a S mint mark !
    and a 1958 cent very clean with details frozen in time. Lol. What?

• Options

@USSID17 said:
    @Kurisu- Well, I see your point but I just don't have the time or inclination to search in the hopes of finding a 68. And if I did, then what? Submit them? The off-setting cost doesn't seen feasible.

Anywho, I'll keep them up here a few days. If someone makes it worth my while to mail them out, I well. If not, I'm throwing them back. I need the money to get other boxes.

Get your money back while you still can. My first thought was to drill holes and use leather straps to form a nice vest. My second thought naturally :) make a busty bikini or some lingerie.
    👀

• Options
    edited June 13, 2021 2:47PM

Box 2

NIFC
    1987d

Low Mintage

Another NIFC

2010p

Even a lower Mintage

I find many NIFC's but only save the ones that have the lowest mintages and in high condition.

Example:

Here, pictured is a roll of at least 3 maybe 4, NIFC's. "Many are called, few are chosen." Lol

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@emeraldATV said:
    Very cool.

Good question, and this isn't the first time I've come across these. Obviously some moisture but mixed with what? Surface contaminates, cigarette ashes, or maybe ole Scidle worked at a chemical plant - Better go wash up :D

Would it be rude or unethical to ask the mints for a list of chemicals ... wait , Isn't there a poster issued by the many EPA branches given to industries under a hazmate retriction, stating this must be posted identifying all chemicals on the property. This might shed some light.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2021 10:13PM

Beautiful, dude!

I am yet to find one. Congrats. B)

• Options
    edited June 16, 2021 7:20AM

@joeykoins Thanks! Another notch in the belt. However, I don't think it'll straight grade - details instead so I'll either sell it or stick it in an album. Once I get the gunk off ;)

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 12:30AM

Proof Lincoln

found while CRH

Inverted S?

• Options

Found this in pocket change.

• Options

If at first you don't succeed...

It's been awhile for nickels. :)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

If at first you don't succeed...

It's been awhile for nickels. :)

Good luck.......

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 12:29PM

Today I went back to the bank that had the really cool 80’s rolls. They had a few more left out of which I found a pair of knee knockers B)
    Plus they had a few more rolls of the really colorful ones which I have yet to go through but I’ll get back on that later this evening over a cold beer or 3.

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 3:30PM

@Steven59 said:
    Bought a bag of 2500 wheat cents and have been going through it about a handful per day. So far so good................

Dude, nice ones! That 14 looks like...? Is it? :*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file