"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2021 3:39PM

CRHunting

Proof S Quarter

Very low mintage
    Only my 2nd roll checked.

Couldn't even do as good in 50 half dollar rolls!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    I usually would wait to post a few finds at a time but this tripped me out........ out of the 2500 cent bag. I couldn't believe when I turned it over.......Think I'll post it for a GTG thread but with an acetone soak and better pictures.

WoW!!! Stunning find!! Let's see that sucker after an acetone bath!!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:
    WoW!!! Stunning find!! Let's see that sucker after an acetone bath!!

Indeed - Thanks, The black residue does come of as I removed that bigger piece of it by the left wheat stalk with a blunt toothpick -

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    I usually would wait to post a few finds at a time but this tripped me out........ out of the 2500 cent bag. I couldn't believe when I turned it over.......

Congrats. Nice feeling, huh? ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

After going through 100$ in quarters and 80$ in nickels here are the most notable finds.
    A mint state 1939(p) nickel. Two 2020 S NIFC quarters (not proof). One ugly 2019 W war in the Pacific. And the star is the 1946(p) silver quarter

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Here - an acetone soak and charged the batteries on my good camera..........what a difference.

That is beautiful! OUTSTANDING!!

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 7:14PM

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:
    After going through 100$ in quarters and 80$ in nickels here are the most notable finds.
    A mint state 1939(p) nickel. Two 2020 S NIFC quarters (not proof). One ugly 2019 W war in the Pacific. And the star is the 1946(p) silver quarter

All your finds are very interesting.
    Congrats. Love the W, esp. In any condition.
    ;)

• Options

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:

Unfortunately, those W's are rapidly deteriorating in circulation! Very nice finds though.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Roll 9

Sammie! (Sandwich)

1967 and 1964

The 64 is a Stunner too.

Question for you: What does it "always" mean when you open a box and pull out silver?

• Options

@USSID17 said:
    Question for you: What does it "always" mean when you open a box and pull out silver?

It means you don't have a boat, tackle boxes, or fishing rods............ :D

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@USSID17 said:

It means you don't have a boat, tackle boxes, or fishing rods............ :D

Wrong. LoL!!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

Winning!?

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Winning!?

Nope.

• Options

@USSID17 said:

Lol. Well, it means many things. FREE money! 1 40% means the price nearly of half a roll. About $4. 90% is the value of 1 roll. $10. Any variety, could really hit big. Sometimes even paying for the whole box of half dollars? $500. Toners. Errors...and let's not forget about the THRILL of a hunted down find!
    That's what it means to me. Lol

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you should weigh it. Looks like it could be on a thin planchet.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2021 8:45PM

@joeykoins said:

@USSID17 said:

Lol. Well, it means many things. FREE money! 1 40% means the price nearly of half a roll. About $4. 90% is the value of 1 roll. $10. Any variety, could really hit big. Sometimes even paying for the whole box of half dollars? $500. Toners. Errors...and let's not forget about the THRILL of a hunted down find!
    That's what it means to me. Lol

Wrong. You're reading to much into the question.

It "always" means there's more where that came from. ;)

• Options

@MarkKelley said:
    I think you should weigh it. Looks like it could be on a thin planchet.

I only have 2 place gram scale - it be reading 3.1

• Options

Sorry, best I could do with the crappy camera - but...........

• Options

@USSID17 said:
    It "always" means there's more where that came from. ;)

Yes Indeed - Kinda sounds like if you try to break into my house you will receive an ample dose of 7.62x39's - and more where that came from - :D

• Options

What! Thin planchets? Do they bring thick wallets? Does it occur in zincs?
    You’re pulling my leg right, I’ve already been snipe hunting once and trust me no little birds ran into the sack :D

• Options
    edited June 19, 2021 10:29PM

Two More

Nickel finds!

Henning?

1946d

NO Variety. :/
    And...

SILVER!!!

1943 S

• Options

This is what I’m talking about :-)
    Four rolls on the top right are 1980D from the same seller and presumably the same box.

One roll looks like this.

But the next two rolls look like this.
    Cherry platinum :)

• Options

Very nice CoinscratchFever!

You see any 67's or 68's in that group?

• Options

@USSID17 said:

In my mind yes, easily 67 and maybe a plus. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. For some reason I'm always a point higher than PCGS but I have been getting better at this on the zincs - Coppers are a work in progress.
    I'm just amazed at how different two identical rolls can be. BTW - The fourth looked like the first junker.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@USSID17 said:

In my mind yes, easily 67 and maybe a plus. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. For some reason I'm always a point higher than PCGS but I have been getting better at this on the zincs - Coppers are a work in progress.
    I'm just amazed at how different two identical rolls can be. BTW - The fourth looked like the first junker.

Yes, you never know what you're gonna get... Like a box of chocolates! :)

I'm not a grader either. The ones I submit usually come back 2 points lower then I thought!! :s

• Options

@USSID17 said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@USSID17 said:

I'm not a grader either. The ones I submit usually come back 2 points lower then I thought!! :s

My very first order a few years back I thought I hit the big time. They were all 64's and a couple 65's, copper.
    And I've done even worse on occasion but, we won't talk about that :D

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@USSID17 said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@USSID17 said:

My very first order a few years back I thought I hit the big time. They were all 64's and a couple 65's, copper.
    And I've done even worse on occasion but, we won't talk about that :D

I hear you,.. same here. I've been testing my "non-professional" grading skills with ANACS.

• Options

@USSID17 said:
    I hear you,.. same here. I've been testing my "non-professional" grading skills with ANACS.

Oh, I'm sure they don't mind at all slabbing them grading practice submissions :)

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@USSID17 said:

Oh, I'm sure they don't mind at all slabbing them grading practice submissions :)

Well, the ANACS specials help. 10 coins for a 100 bucks.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@USSID17 said:

Aka, tuition. I think it’s the only way to truly learn. And it’s quite extensive because 2+2 does not always equal four. For example the differences between 66 and 67 can be many. You can have a coin with cuts and spots grade 67 because of strike and Luster yet the same model very clean might only go 66 for lack of the same or even other variables.
    I like the somewhat forgiving aspect of eye appeal. Usually worthy of a point and a sticker and for good reason. Collectors like to look at coins, I wouldn’t call it a stigma but it certainly has affected graders and collectors alike.

• Options

Maybe I'm over thinking it...But I doubt it :D

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any hoo.....to get this thread back on track my bank was kind enough to let me exchange a box of quarters yesterday and it is a box of old coin rolls. I have rolls with enders of American Memorial, RONR, Tallgrass and Salt River so it's a great variety box.

My average is one W per old coin roll box but I have pulled up to 5 before so hoping this one yields a good variety. 🤞

The bank won't let me exchange for 2 weeks so gonna make this one last🤣😂.

Will post any W I find!

• Options
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it! Thanks for the laugh!😂🤣👍

• Options

:D Again, going from MS65 to 66 is like breaking 90 for the first time. The basics are easily learned but understanding the differences between MS66 and 67 is like lowering your handicap from a 9 to a 4.

• Options

Look what I just got!

• Options

SIKE!!!

• Options

Geez @USSID17 - A silver quarter for change? Where'd ya go - Mayberry?

• Options

@Steven59 said:

You just never know where these things will pop-up.

• Options

@USSID17 said:

@Steven59 said:

You just never know where these things will pop-up.

Nice, and that’s where I would’ve been like... Say there Aunt Bee what are the chances this Feller could get a few rolls of quarters too?

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Look what I just got!

Good Luck. :)
    I'm going to guess that you'll find a Proof!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file