Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

December Holiday Cheer what new cards bring in the New Year ?

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Blue and black borders.. Tough one here with only 5 higher!

That Griffey is AWESOME!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Delighted to add this piece to my collection though I don’t collect the ‘52 set nor do I have intentions to start. But as a stand-alone, this is just a beast. And I can’t imagine there’s hundreds more where it came from since they were designed to be cut from inception. Mine will stay intact until it is no longer mine.

The 51 single serve boxes are easy to find, but I think that's only the second 52 complete box I've ever seen. I'd guess way fewer than 100 left total of any variety. Congrats!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap that Wheaties box is insane!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Delighted to add this piece to my collection though I don’t collect the ‘52 set nor do I have intentions to start. But as a stand-alone, this is just a beast. And I can’t imagine there’s hundreds more where it came from since they were designed to be cut from inception. Mine will stay intact until it is no longer mine.

1952 Wheaties Full Cereal Box (Musial, Rizzuto, Feller, etc)

Wow!! Monster addition. Congrats.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Holy crap that Wheaties box is insane!

Thanks, Dan! Did you notice that floating Ted Williams head upper left? No, I won’t go for the obvious jokes....

@LarkinCollector said:

The 51 single serve boxes are easy to find, but I think that's only the second 52 complete box I've ever seen. I'd guess way fewer than 100 left total of any variety. Congrats!

Kyle, I think it’s fair to say many (or most) guys would be eager to take the exacto knife to this type of item.
    So whatever the number, it’s going to shrink, too.

Thanks!

@JBrules said:

Wow!! Monster addition. Congrats.

Very kind, Jay. Thank you.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

More Gallup for me.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

Concurred.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked this up last night and am waiting for it to arrive. Panini made a number of HOF-related cards this year through their Panini Instant platform, but none of Johnny Robinson. This is the 2019 Panini Black Friday HOF Auto #/50. I looked over the checklist and there are no parallels or other craziness, so Johnny continues to be underplayed in relation to the more current players from his HOF class. Still, I think this is a pretty attractive card.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 7:25AM

@PROMETHIUS88 - That is a great pickup in my opinion. The value can only go up.

I have added some of these same boxes to my collection over the past couple years.

I remember just a few years ago when you could pick up 2000 Playoff Contenders Football Unopened Hobby Boxes for a "reasonable price". Kicking myself for not buying any!! One just SOLD on Heritage for $25,200!!! REPEAT $25,200!!!

Great Pickup - Congratz!!

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I'm about 19 years late on this one, but better late than never!! Birthday/Christmas present to myself!

Are you going to rip that bad boy? If you do please record.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    @PROMETHIUS88 - That is a great pickup in my opinion. The value can only go up.

I have added some of these same boxes to my collection over the past couple years.

I remember just a few years ago when you could pick up 2000 Playoff Contenders Football Unopened Hobby Boxes for a "reasonable price". Kicking myself for not buying any!! One just SOLD on Heritage for $25,200!!! REPEAT $25,200!!!

Great Pickup - Congratz!!

I agree that there is still a lot of potential in this box. I think the HOF induction will boost it even if it flatlines for a while. Problem is, he doesn't seem to want to retire.

@CommemKing said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I'm about 19 years late on this one, but better late than never!! Birthday/Christmas present to myself!

Are you going to rip that bad boy? If you do please record.

Lol, that would be a fool's errand! I think I'll let someone else take the risk down the road.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Nice pickups musta been posting same time as that Wheaties- love that full box have a few myself from the 30's thru 60's :) Had a huge stash sold off back in 2008 when I moved wished I'd have kept but can't keep everything.

A few more back that finish off my October sub scanning moving on to Novembers stuff. The Mahomes is really nice in person just no real good way to scan silver cards. Jeters part of my PC been slabbing all year. Have a couple thousand more Jeters to slab gonna take forever have more cards than money sadly :s
    Macs a re-slab and the Thomas Win is headed in for re-slab just scanned same time. Phone pic shows it better.

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:
    Nice pickups musta been posting same time as that Wheaties- love that full box have a few myself from the 30's thru 60's :) Had a huge stash sold off back in 2008 when I moved wished I'd have kept but can't keep everything.

Thank you.

I sort of used Phil Rizzuto as justification for it as a ‘Yankees’ purchase; I have tried to limit myself to just the Yankees who have had their number retired (a big enough group already) in my collection.

But the other various sports figures on the box are pretty legendary.

Fun stuff.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I just spotted this. My goodness, that is just insane. I can't believe you found the box still intact. That's one of the most unbelievable things I've seen on the forum since I joined. Nicely done!

• Options
    edited December 12, 2019 3:08PM

Those 2013 orange and especially the purple refractors are a lot harder than people give them credit for.

With that being said, very nice stuff, Jeff.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not valuable but both were pulled from the same box,, one regular and one error of the same player.. the error has overlapping embossed silhouette of another player and card logo upside down on the front. was the only card like that one that i pulled from the box..

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 8:23PM

A gift from @Horse
    Also, yeah, the images are much bigger now!

• Options

@dictoresno1 said:
    and yes, there is a Gleyber PKWY variation and one from Clear Travel

And I totally forgot, but then there’s the London Series #NY-3 as well.

Probably the coolest, imo.

• Options

@bighurt2000 - Incredible Frank Thomas!! WOW!!

A couple more Jordan's. Both limited to 100.

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Really excited to pick this 1984 Topps baseball factory set to extend my factory set run back to-1984. Box has original Topps serial number sticker and cards have a perfect vending pattern. Now to find a 1983 which rarely ever surface.

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 4:46PM

This beautiful item is actually my second. I couldn’t ever bring myself to cut it but now that I have two, I’m tempted to see if this would have a chance to be top pop for the ‘panel’ portion.

1968 Topps Posters Full Box w/Mickey Mantle

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

another Griffey for my collection.

• Options

@NGS428 said:
    Blue and black borders.. Tough one here with only 5 higher!

I need to get one.

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 6:57PM

@lwehlers said:

another Griffey for my collection.

Canadian Eh

• Options

@bighurt2000 said:
    Not new but the holder is.
    James

what a great looking card.

• Options
    Air23GOATAir23GOAT Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

I don't usually buy signed cards but I figured why not. I love Star cards...especially gem mint ones. It's a beautiful card & I'm expanding my horizons.
    Are we all a bit selfish for buying cards for ourselves in December when Christmas is around the corner? I feel guilty but I'm also OK with it. Happy holidays!

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.
    Any other big Jordan nuts out there let me know.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mail today.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2019 6:31PM

Another 1972 arrival after a long visit with USPS...

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Splurged a bit on pay day! Couple more Scottish footballers.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to venture back into low-grade Mantle cards, after selling all mine last year. Here is the first pickup for that collection:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoltz showed up today.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

If that 1970 Niekro is a 9 then most of my 7s should be 9s as well. Maybe I'll resubmit...

• Options

@PNWcollector said:
    If that 1970 Niekro is a 9 then most of my 7s should be 9s as well. Maybe I'll resubmit...

When youre done resubbing, my dog could use a good kick.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

A couple more pickups for the Roy PC, these will be cracked and subbed to PSA for my master set in the near future:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

That's a nice looking '55 Mantle. I also bid on that auction. I've seen PSA 4s that look much worse than that one.

• Options
    edited December 18, 2019 6:38PM

@hyperchipper09 that is a really old label! Nice!

If you look at the guide in my signature that looks like a 1991-1992 label.