Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

December Holiday Cheer what new cards bring in the New Year ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Moonman said:
    This

Love it!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:
    A beauty from the 1958 D.C. Thomson World Cup Footballers set issued in Adventure, The Hotspur, The Rover, and The Wizard comic books. Each issue of the comics included two cards. This particular card is of Scottish footballer Dave MacKay who is a member of the Scottish Football Hall of Fame. It was part of the second issue of The Wizard comic book.

I like seeing a selection of British football cards throughout the years. Thanks for sharing.

In the film The Damned United, when Brian Clough gets the Leeds job, the first player he goes after is this guy.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@mrpeanut39 said:

In the film The Damned United, when Brian Clough gets the Leeds job, the first player he goes after is this guy.

MacKay actually grew up on the same street as my grandparents in Edinburgh.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up 2 new Topps Vault items for my John Hannah PC, bringing my total of Hannah Vault items to 8. Also picked up a Tedy Bruschi RC for my Patriots team HOF RCs registry set. Bruschi is one of my 2-3 favorite players of all time.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

A sweet 1977 Cello in Mint condition!

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Try to pick up the old tribe when I can...

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I finished my Roger Staubach Topps set.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2020 8:35PM

This arrived today. A ticket stub from a 1958 Mississippi High School All-Star Game. Check out the back...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.