June pick ups. Show us what you got.

Comments

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trst

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Purdy card. Kudos to eBayer Enoch47. There are around 5,000 sellers who could learn a lot about how to pack / ship graded cards from him.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:

@doubledragon said:
    I might as well show the Joe Louis. I have been looking for an African Tobacco that was affordable for a while. It's banged up a little, but it's pretty rare, and it's the Brown Bomber, so what the heck.

Great card. I need to add a J. Louis to my collection since I have spent the majority of my life in the Detroit area. I don't own any boxing cards but if I pull the trigger on one it most likely will be J.L. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

Thank you. Yes, Joe Louis in my opinion is the greatest of all time. Ebay has a lot of Joe Louis cards you might like, check them out sometime. I practically live in the Joe Louis card section on Ebay!

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    I normally chase rookies of HOFers but back in the day "Too Tall" had the coolest name and was a critical part of the Cowboys "Doomsday Defense" which was also an extremely cool name at the time. And yes I was a Cowboys fan when I was a young buck.

nice

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

A few non-PWCC Roy pickups from tonight:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Billyk97Billyk97 Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

First time posting to this thread, but picked up this 1960 Fleer Honus Wagner from an antique shop.

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another 58 off the list.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Obtained a couple of Longo's for my PC. A 1/1 Select & a 3/3 of Longo and friends)

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt, how many playing era Emmitt cards would you say there are? And what percentage of those do you own?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Matt, how many playing era Emmitt cards would you say there are? And what percentage of those do you own?

There are so many cards. I'd rather be ignorant to the fact rather than feel overwhelmed. As far as graded Emmitt, I'd guess I have 2,500 plus

• Options

Holy crap!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Back from recent PSA sub . My usual scanner system/Adobe is down so making due with Paint for now
    Slow going on scans

• Options

Nice 72's- love the vibrant color !!
    More slab pics from recent sub. Sorry scans are slow usual systems are down
    Plus I'm opening some fresh unopened boxes from my storage unit as well so bouncing between
    Along with running honey do errands all day :s

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2019 1:23PM
  • Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of Gem Mint 10 cards.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Just got in another oddball Jordan card,it's 4x6 and from a 1989 redemption promotion through Mobil & Coca-Cola. Buy 12 multi-packs of Coke products at Mobil, fill out the form on the back of the card and mail along with your receipts to get a free Come Fly With Me VHS Video. The card itself looks to be in great condition and both BGS & SGC grade them if I go that route.

That's awesome! I've never seen that one before.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    @BPorter26 Great MJ! Congrats on the grade.

Thanks Erik

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    That's awesome! I've never seen that one before.

Thanks Abe. I've seen it mentioned that these were given out at Mobil stations and also in 12pk/cases of Coke products so there must have been tons of these around back then. I love MJ's 80s stuff so I had to grab one.

• Options

Last of the scans for today. These Prominence are thick- tough to gem so happy with these 4

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:
    Last of the scans for today.

Nice Witten. Love the throwback uni

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@BPorter26 said:
    I bought this raw about a month ago and just got it back from PSA. Some Jordan collectors call this a white whale and I believe it is.

I can’t wait to see that entire set graded, that is a bad a$$ Card! Congrats.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@JimMeant said:

That’s a great looking Rickey!

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options

NICE HENDERSON JIM . How does the back look on it ??

@lawnmowerman said:

@jeffv96masters said:

Thought of you when I busted out this puppy on one of my boxes I broke out of my storage unit this week
    Been emptying it and breaking boxes for a few years now. Not even 25% empty yet- long way top go
    Headed already to PSA in morning along with that Gold Tek

• Options

Nice Emmitts !!! Just back this morning- single card that was popped on to complete a 25 day sub

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:
    NICE HENDERSON JIM . How does the back look on it ??

@lawnmowerman said:

@jeffv96masters said:

Thought of you when I busted out this puppy on one of my boxes I broke out of my storage unit this week
    Been emptying it and breaking boxes for a few years now. Not even 25% empty yet- long way top go
    Headed already to PSA in morning along with that Gold Tek

Not sure how I missed this. Anyway good luck on the grade. I have the same exact card ready to go as well. Be sure to post the results I'm interested to know

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019 7:16PM

@jeffv96masters said:
    Nice Emmitts !!! Just back this morning- single card that was popped on to complete a 25 day sub

Why did Topps relegate Jr to the back of this card? Tough deal. Beautiful card though!! I am a sucker for Jr in a M’s uniform.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019 7:30PM

Just picked this up and ran it through the scanner.... #142/221 on the basic set.. I could not get this card to go to the bottom of the holder. I settled for the top.

Some nice pickups by everyone lately!

• Options

I broke up my cc renewal sub into 3 portions. Here are the results of portion 2 of 3:

A little background: I hit an Austin Hays red ink auto in 2018 Heritage and traded it for thirteen low grade 1941 Play Ball commons. These were the 3 from that batch that I decided to sub.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    VoteDizzyVoteDizzy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 that Evans is awesome!

Hockey - Hrdina - Thunderbirds
    Wrestling - Danielson - Storm - Tajiri
  • Options

@VoteDizzy said:
    @DBesse27 that Evans is awesome!

Thank you sir, I love it!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

This pickup is a great get well aligned with my core passion of collecting. While the grade would certainly be lower, the eye appeal is incredible on this one. I would say that's almost become the theme of my collection, in an unintended way. I'm completely unbothered by this - I could never afford the high end stuff, anyway. But I like when the item sits in the slab in total defiance of the number. If I send this west one day (I'm hoping for some relief in the price of Jumbos), this new Mantle pickup will join my pile of tremendous looking Commerce Comet treasures...

1964 Rawlings Premium Photo with Undershirt - Mickey Mantle

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Tim, what an amazing find! I’m gonna PM you.

Yaz Master Set