Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

June pick ups. Show us what you got.

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not how it works here sir. Perhaps place a post in the BST?

Kevin

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

andykohl1986 Please move your for sale ad to the correct section of the forum

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Another childhood favorite for the Ripken graded collection:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    axelrichaxelrich Posts: 43 ✭✭

@slum22 said:
    Here are my June additions so far:

Let's get the baseball out of the way. I think Arenado is undervalued so I grabbed his Update 10 before it gets to be any more expensive.

On to the main course. I love the 2012 Crusade Prizm set. I think it is one of the best looking sets Panini has produced. Finding these cards is getting hard. I got a good value on the graded Red and I am hopeful the raw ones will all join their compatriot in 10 holders after a few months.

Blue & Gold (unnumbered)

Red & Gold /99

Purple & Gold /49

A few more cards for my Steph Curry PC. The Kaboom is a very popular insert with a decent legacy/history for Panini. The other two cards were generously gifted to me by a member on another board. They are both serial numbered to Curry's jersey number, 30.

30/49

30/203

That's awesome...

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@yoda99 said:
    I'm very excited to be the top bidder on this 1963 PSA 7 card of Bart Starr. This is a nice upgrade from my PSA 5. It's hard to find decent centering on these 1963 cards.

Fantastic Starr!!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

That really is a great Bart Starr, congratulations!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

There have been so many Emmitts I need popping up on eBay lately. I love it.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Picked these up for my 71T raw set. They are nicer than then versions currently in my binder.

I'm 16 cards away from completing my raw set. I have about 20 cards that I'm not really satisfied with that need upgrading.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    I knew Tippett probably wouldn't move the meter, and probably 1980's Donruss won't either, but here's a recent Yaz pickup. Please excuse dust on the scanner.

From a design standpoint, one of my favorite sets. Definitely a guilty pleasure with a lot of HOFers.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lou Brock.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Largentcollector said:
    From Ryan's recent sub. Thanks Ryan!

Nice card (and scan)!

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 thanks for sharing your info on the crack out TTMs. Do you try to protect the card with a holder of any kind with your TTM. I've been thinking about trying to cut out a window for the auto in a card saver 1 and attach the card saver to something stiff.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spanky74 said:
    @DBesse27 thanks for sharing your info on the crack out TTMs. Do you try to protect the card with a holder of any kind with your TTM. I've been thinking about trying to cut out a window for the auto in a card saver 1 and attach the card saver to something stiff.

In my experience, old players struggle to get cards in and out of cardsavers. I do a penny sleeve, top loader, with a small piece of blue painters tape over the opening. I generally receive the cards back the same way.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:
    There have been so many Emmitts I need popping up on eBay lately. I love it.

Where is the stripe on that card, or had Wild Card stopped that by 1992?

• Options

@daltex said
    Where is the stripe on that card, or had Wild Card stopped that by 1992?

Yep, they had stripe cards in this set. This is the base, so no stripe.

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

I hope I’m not jinxing the Bruins tomorrow night.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just spent the last half hour going thru this thread.

Time well spent.

Mike
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@spanky74 said:

In my experience, old players struggle to get cards in and out of cardsavers. I do a penny sleeve, top loader, with a small piece of blue painters tape over the opening. I generally receive the cards back the same way.

Just thought I’d share my step by step process for TTM Autos which may help!

I use a penny, sleeve, a Cardsaver I and an extra large penny sleeve. So what I do first is,

I cut out the spot in the penny sleeve where I want (hope) the signer to sign the card:

After I carefully slide the card in the penny sleeve, I put it in the card saver I where I want the card, and draw an outline where the card is going to be and cut that box out.

You’ll notice that there is a rather jagged section at the top of the card. No need to worry. After you cut the section out you can easily trim the portion where you first cut in to make it nice and smooth:

Finally slide the card in, carefully, so your boxes line up nicely. I send them in the jumbo penny sleeve since they fit so nicely, and I’ve always kindly asked to send them back in it if they graciously sign my card. If you include your own sharpie, be sure to use a fast-drying one. I’ve never had a problem with autos smearing, but that’s not to say it couldn’t happen. Now not only is my card protected but the signer doesn’t have to mess with taking the card out and they can just sign and send. Easy Peezy! Anyways, hope this helps some!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty clever stuff.

Mike
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Pretty clever stuff.

Ty sir! 😊

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

1935 Amalgamated Press Joe Louis. His rarest rookie card.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    1935 Amalgamated Press Joe Louis. His rarest rookie card.

Cool card! Bonus Cinderella Man

• Options

Another one crossed off the list

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked this one up off eBay:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options

Random pickup:

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

have a few more inbound but got this the other day

• Options

The G.O.A.T.

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@Allen said:

That’s awesome! Congrats

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2019 11:07AM

Impossible to find in decent condition, this is the only copy ever to be graded by PSA. I actually have two raw, that if graded, both would 7. Picked this one up cheaper than having to get my own graded.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    Cool variety of cards being shared!! Fun to see.

A pickup from earlier this year. It took me several attempts over the past couple years to land a PSA 10 Contender Brees. This one happens to currently be a POP 3 Double 10.

Beautiful!

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman - Thank you sir !!!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:
    Impossible to find in decent condition, this is the only copy ever to be graded by PSA. I actually have two raw, that if graded, both would 7. Picked this one up cheaper than having to get my own graded.

That's a great card!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

@Kid4hof03 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

That's a great card!

Thanks Abe!

• Options

Just got this.

• Options

Some of you who have been here for years, or some who are also members of SCN, will know that they sometimes do "autograph drafts" over there. I did one recently and this was my haul. It was 30 picks per person, but you can make trades, and I made a couple of 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deals, so I netted 26 autos I really wanted. In hand, the Jim Calhoun auto was badly smudged, so I didn't even scan it, but there were 25 signed cards I'm keeping for my PC. I scanned them in pairs when I received them, and I won't show all the commons here, but here are some of the best or my favorites from the batch. There are 4 HOFers shown and they're all headed to PSA eventually.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@initialD said:
    Was able to finally knock this one off my MUST HAVE list. Freshly back from a signing...

Sick

Andy