Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

June pick ups. Show us what you got.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@softparade - awesome looking packs!! Love the 75' Munson. I've been buying more unopened here and there. Mostly packs but closed on some juicy boxes recently with Steve.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    @softparade - awesome looking packs!! Love the 75' Munson. I've been buying more unopened here and there. Mostly packs but closed on some juicy boxes recently with Steve.

Now I know where all the good stuff went..... :)

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good show Dan - not sure if I have the 79T Munson rack?

Will be interesting to see what's at the National @ BBCEx booth. They always have great stuff.

Mike
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krisd3279 - Hey Kris. I bought 3 items. There are a few others that came off the site after mine so not sure if they sold or are being saved for the National. I've kept most of the unopened that I bought over the past few years and glad I have.

• Options

@Stone193 said:

Will be interesting to see what's at the National @ BBCEx booth. They always have great stuff.

Judging by the current lack of early 80's unopened on the BBCE website I'm guessing they will have a lot of that at the National.

Kris

• Options

@UFFDAH - I had my eye on some 84T vending boxes, but they have disappeared from the site. I didn't pull the trigger fast enough I suppose. It seems like there is less and less unopened available like others have said. It seems like the early 80's are starting to dry up (and become more expensive) as well. We'll see if that trend continues with the later 80's stuff.

Kris

• Options

@krisd3279 said:

@Stone193 said:

Judging by the current lack of early 80's unopened on the BBCE website I'm guessing they will have a lot of that at the National.

Hiya Kris

My recollection/perception is that Steve doesn't have much to sell on his website when ya get close to the National.

It'll interesting to see the prices this year.

Mike
  • Options

@krisd3279 said:
    @UFFDAH - I had my eye on some 84T vending boxes, but they have disappeared from the site. I didn't pull the trigger fast enough I suppose. It seems like there is less and less unopened available like others have said. It seems like the early 80's are starting to dry up (and become more expensive) as well. We'll see if that trend continues with the later 80's stuff.

I thought 84T would never dry up. Happy to see - how much does an 84T vending case go for?

Mike
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2019 1:09PM

@Stone193 said:

@krisd3279 said:

I thought 84T would never dry up. Happy to see - how much does an 84T vending case go for?

I want to say it was $60-70 a few weeks ago for a single box when I last saw it. I should have bought 2 or 3 of them!

Kris

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a sub in today. Several PC Cards here are a few faves

The 2011 Bowman is a pop 1

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the Bench and especially the back ground as you can seeing old Tampa Stadium. Great pickups.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/rx/158zr5gkxtab.jpg

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow JFK Heat you are crossing off the biggies from 1970 in a hurry. All are very nice.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:

@Stone193 said:

@krisd3279 said:

I want to say it was $60-70 a few weeks ago for a single box when I last saw it. I should have bought 2 or 3 of them!

FYI - There's a sealed 84 vending case on eBay currently for $1250 delivered, if that interests you. It's not mine and I have no connection to it. I saw it and put it on my watch list, but have so many other items with higher priority that watching is probably all I'm going to do.

• Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

A few more autos for my Longo PC.

image image image

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

This one always eluded me in a 10 and my KGJ basic set felt empty without it

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options

Got this today.

I never mind when a seller uses these as a type of packaging material.

Kris

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    My last pick-ups for the month.

how did that aaron get a eight grade. the corners do not look that great to me. I look at corners first when I buy a card. great centering. the bench is really nice.

• Options

@Huskies11 said:

I got a Griffey 90 topps gem 10 earlier this year great card.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

91 Jordan I now have all the
    base 91 cards.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

@abcoltsfan said:
    I got these during the last ebay bucks promotion. Very excited about the Manning! Got a decent deal and the card has been a white whale of mine. Looks even better in person! My scanner has some specks on it I haven't been able to get off.

Love the Reggie. I've got three or four raw, but the centering is way off. Those have been tough to find well centered.

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

A couple signed cards I picked up.

I was able to add two cards to my Cowboybilia set.

Picked up Steve Avery. He was on of my favorite Braves. We ended up naming my son Avery.

Finally a proline portrait Ken Norton. Never understood why these were signed on the back.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Huskies11 said:

Great find! You are correct, you needed that one for your set :smile:

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@krisd3279 said:

@Stone193 said:

@krisd3279 said:

FYI - There's a sealed 84 vending case on eBay currently for $1250 delivered, if that interests you. It's not mine and I have no connection to it. I saw it and put it on my watch list, but have so many other items with higher priority that watching is probably all I'm going to do.

Thanx for the info Doug

I've had this vending case since around 1992 - don't remember what I paid - I remember paying $475 for the 85T - I would think around 400 or so since no one was excited about it back then - this is obviously "pre" McGwire insanity.

I can barely see the "84" - not sure how that happened - could see it much clearer before - have to check by pulling it out later.

Mike
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

I am planning on taking some of my doubles to Chicago to take to Steve and a couple of others. I have been acquiring some unopened the last few years specially in 1975’s.

• Options

Hiya Keith

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with at the National.

You've got some really special racks there.

Do you display any of your racks? I don't at this time.

Mike
  • Options

@Bearkat21 said:

@abcoltsfan said:
    I got these during the last ebay bucks promotion. Very excited about the Manning! Got a decent deal and the card has been a white whale of mine. Looks even better in person! My scanner has some specks on it I haven't been able to get off.

Love the Reggie. I've got three or four raw, but the centering is way off. Those have been tough to find well centered.

great looking manning rookie.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Two pickups tonight to start what is looking to be a big Roy week for me. The Armor Plate has eluded me on at least 3 separate occasions, twice in higher grades, so I wasn't letting this slip away. The Vezina is a Pop 2 in 10:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com