Comments

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 4:02PM

I just finished my Maddux Rookie set.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

This one officially puts me at the halfway mark of the St. Patrick's Relics set. 2 of the remaining 8 are number out of 10 and 5, and near impossible to find, but I'm holding out hope on those. The rest, only time will tell:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some really good looking - nicely centered - 54Ts, Stoney.

That's a great shot of Whitey.

Mike
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Curry "NBA logoman" Rookie pickup.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:
    Been a busy past few weeks for me. I did get this in. I have owned this card before but sold all three I had previously. I am very happy to get this one to go along with the Curry TC 10 I got last October.

Nice Durant Steve!

• Options

Ryne Sandberg 83 Topps.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

wonder if i have amassed enough quarterly bucks to reload on my absorbent, disposable undergarments after all of UFFDAH's acquisitions

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    A pack fresh HOF'er pull from a vintage pack break and now back from grading. POP 20 no 10's.

Am I wrong or do I remember seeing this in a recent PSA reveal???

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @PROMETHIUS88 - yes through Vintage Breaks. A fun break and happy with the card but for sure most breaks don't pencil for the payer. I'm a glutton for punishment though ugghhh.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Hey @PROMETHIUS88 - yes through Vintage Breaks. A fun break and happy with the card but for sure most breaks don't pencil for the payer. I'm a glutton for punishment though ugghhh.

I'm Tim Hadley out there. Avid watcher but for the most part I stopped buying into the vintage stuff. I have basically been staying with hit randoms and set breaks. Actually just got my T206 Cy Young in the mail today. Got my cards from the 73 Football set break last week and put them up on Ebay. One of them is a super low pop common in PSA 9 that appears is going to sell for $400 or maybe more. Not sure as they go off tonight. Think I had 23 spots in that one and really wish I would have had more.
    It sure can be addictive and I know there is a lot of money spent. Once the hype train gets rolling it's hard to resist. Then I get the cards from a WTA and think...what the hell am I going to do with this crap? I have tons of this kind of stuff I don't know what to do with. Actually won a WTA about a month ago that was stuff I sent TO them to give away! What I have been dying to ask is...... Where does Leighton find all these oc cards? Even graded ones that aren't tagged as "oc" but are pretty bad.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Antique store pick up today! 1$/card, eventually gonna be graded!

• Options

Used the Perfect3 code to knock a few bucks off this pick-up, one of my favorite cards growing up:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options

I've finally harpooned a white whale! I missed out on this the last time it was listed, and couldn't be happier to add this 1/1 to my Roy collection. Have loved these since I first saw one nearly 20 years ago:

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    Used the Perfect3 code to knock a few bucks off this pick-up, one of my favorite cards growing up:

Very nice! UD had a great run of front card images in the early to mid 1990’s. This is certainly one!

• Options

Just in time for the start of the season.

• Options
    VoteDizzyVoteDizzy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    I've finally harpooned a white whale! I missed out on this the last time it was listed, and couldn't be happier to add this 1/1 to my Roy collection. Have loved these since I first saw one nearly 20 years ago:

@rmh111985 Nice Roy! I've been looking for the Oleg Saprykin Spectrum for 20 years myself!

Hockey - Hrdina - Thunderbirds
    Wrestling - Danielson - Storm - Tajiri
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another 58 down thanks to Hacnac!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Rival Fence Busters. Great card congrats!

• Options

@brad31 said:
    Love the Rival Fence Busters. Great card congrats!

Thanks

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    Another 58 down thanks to Hacnac!

That’s awesome! I just picked up a 59 topps fence buster a couple days ago!

Can’t wait to submit for grading!

• Options

That’s awesome! I just picked up a 59 topps fence buster a couple days ago!

Can’t wait to submit for grading!

Thanks and good luck with your submission on the 59 fence buster.

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2019 4:18PM

because why not. been on an eTopps kick lately.

• Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I'm very slowly putting together a PSA-graded 1978 O-Pee-Chee baseball card set. I'm about 25 percent of the way there, but it remains to be seen whether or not I will ever complete it (I'm not sure I like enough of the cards to keep motivated toward completing it). Every now and then, I pick up a card or two that I like. Case in point, I found this J.R. Richard this past week. I had passed up on a 9 a few months back that wasn't centered to my tastes, and I'm happy to have waited for this one.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Some nice cards being posted lately including some jaw dropping quality stuff. More slabs recently back. The Kaepernick was a redemption finally back and the Bree's a freebie as someone purchased from my eBay store and I used the funds to buy the raw Bree's card and had enough left over to slab it as well.

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Here’s a dealer ad sheet and an unopened pack of 1996 Topps chrome football...1996 was the first year for TC and unopened from any sport that year is in short supply

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 3:30PM

@jfkheat said:
    I bought these over the last couple weeks. The 1972 Seaver is the my first graded baseball card that I have bought that is newer than 1970. The 61 Campy and 59 Aparicio are for sets. The 65 Mays I bought because it is a nice Mays card and eBay had the 15% promo. When I bought it I didn't realize that I already have one.
    James

I did the same thing 3x last month. :s At least 1 of the 3 was a nicer copy. Forced me to sit down and re inventory. But it did motivate me to finally put in set request for the rest of the Sabres team sets for 70s and early 80s. So at least something positive came out of it.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, I'm testing my own personal limits of "Buy the card, not the holder" on one of these (AGS) and the other I feel pretty good about in hand (SGC). I'll eventually be crossing these to PSA holders which hope for each retaining it's Gem status. We'll see. As I hunted for a nice looking copy (Tiffany 10s everywhere, base not so much) I kept coming back to this one and saying 'Man, that card looks good - no matter WHO graded it.' The case has seen better days; I cleaned only the card window and not the flip window so you get a sense for what I'm dealing with and will have work harder on the back but the card itself looks very promising.

1990 Bowman #415 Chuck Knoblauch

1982 Topps #171 SFG Future Stars Bob Brenly Chili Davis Bob Tufts

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest