Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Phillies 2019 season official thread

Comments

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

sure is. even with a terrible outing from Nola, they still battled back to retake the lead. Last season's team didn't have the firepower.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just watched the highlights or lowlights if you will. It looked like both teams were on the take

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

True....not a clean game by any stretch.

• Options

Another win for the Phils tonight, 10-4 over the Twins who have also been playing good baseball. The O is on fire!!!!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Another win for the Phils tonight, 10-4 over the Twins who have also been playing good baseball. The O is on fire!!!!

Harper goes 0-4 and the Phillies still light up the board with double digit runs.

This 2019 Phillies O is starting to frighten me, but in a good way. :)

• Options

Yes sir, Up and down the lineup, there's no soft spot for a pitcher, other than the opposing pitcher.

• Options

Nice win today for the Phils. The bats were soft, but the pitching stepped it up and kept the Twins to only one run. That's what championship season teams do.

Plus we regain first place in the NL East.

Dinner is going to taste a little bit better tonight. :)

• Options

A very nice job my Zach Elfin. Two straight solid outings, 12 innings 1ER...and this from the 4th starter. I will say that the Twins were rather impressive. They played solid fundamental baseball, have some good young hitters and pitchers. I can see why they are tabbed to be right there with the Indians in the AL Central.

• Options

Phillies winning these close games. Good sign. :)

• Options

Not sure how you feel but _ prefer not to have Neshek closing out games._

• Options

In Gabe We Trust. :)

• Options

Phillies blowing this game tonight. Had the Nats down to their final strike, and the guy hits a home run.

Nats now ahead by 3 in the top of the tenth.

Oh well, the Phils were probably due for a clunker. I'm not going to worry about it too much.

• Options

Damn lousy way to lose a ballgame.

Let's see how the Phillies bounce back tomorrow night. :|

• Options

Just a bad loss. How can it be that 3 guys at the top of your bullpen have no or limited availability in one night. I can see that he used Neris in the 8th to face the middle of the order, but it left him without a "back end" guy for the 9th and it cost him. I will give the Nats credit; the had many tough AB's the last two innings, saw lots of pitches and fouled off a lot as well. Their bullpen has been terrible this season, but not in last nights game.

• Options

Good grief that was ugly.

However my understanding of the way MLB standings are tabulated, is that a 14 run loss is the same as a 1 run loss. So why worry about it?

And I'm going to keep telling myself that until i'm convinced of it. 😕

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Betty Davis said in that movie "fasten your seat belts....it's going to be a bumpy ride!". B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Like Betty Davis said in that movie "fasten your seat belts....it's going to be a bumpy ride!". B)

Yes, but did it have to be 14 run loss bumpy? 😞

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Like you said before it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 14......a loss is a loss.....no more...….no less.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Like you said before it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 14......a loss is a loss.....no more...….no less.

Thanks for the consolation. Maybe I'll now put down the bottle of Jack Daniels before I windup drinking every drop. 🥃

• Options

It's 11:30 your time....it the hay....tomorrow is another day!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    It's 11:30 your time....it the hay....tomorrow is another day!

I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight because of nightmares.

Visions of hoards of opposing batters running the basepaths and crossing home plate against the Phillies. 😱

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Phillies are doing just fine and should not worry about anything.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    I think the Phillies are doing just fine and should not worry about anything.

Now that "encouraging" remark from a Mets fan truly does worry me. 😟

Three way tie for first place in the NL East. Wouldn't surprise me if the NL East race this season goes down to the wire.

• Options

Gabe Kapler may need to start kicking some keisters in the Phillies clubhouse. 😒

• Options

Well, it wasn't a pretty series against the lowly Marlins. But now we get a bit of a breather against those Mets of New York.

I'm downloading broom pictures to post after we sweep them, and send Mets fans into the local taverns to drown their sorrows, realizing their team's 2019 season is basically hopeless.

• Options

Interesting game thus far. All tied at 5-5.

• Options

Nimmo! The happiest man in baseball!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Come on Phillies, we don't want no extra innings.

• Options

Two out, walk off home run...one time.....................

• Options

I didn't beg hard enough I guess.

• Options

Alright, man on first...just a little double in the gap and we can wrap this one up.

• Options

Win or lose, very entertaining game.

It will be more entertaining if the Phillies win, but in a bit of trouble right now. :/

• Options

attaboy - maybe we get out of this mess.

• Options

@stevek said:

Not quite. :)

Finally we have a bonafide closer, too.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

Congrats to the first place New York Mets.

Damn, that was unfun to say. :s

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

Mets are tough as nails on the road this season.

Best road record in the National League.

Credit where credit is due. :|

• Options

No mercy tonight baby. Yea!

• Options
    edited April 16, 2019 5:35PM

3 errors already for the Mets.

Is this 1962 deja vu? :D

• Options

Steven Matz, Mets starting pitcher tonight:

Innings pitched: 0.0
    Earned runs: 6

Is that the definition of ugly or what? :D

• Options

Sure won't see Grote in this thread tonight. :D

• Options

Islanders are on the verge of sweeping the Penguins!

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Islanders are on the verge of sweeping the Penguins!

I wouldn't know. I don't really follow the American League teams.

• Options

Well, we took 2 outa 3 against the Mets and that's fine.

Bryce Harper in a bit of a slump, but overall i'm not worried about it.

• Options

Well, our Phillies not looking overly impressive as of late. That being said, we're still in first place in the NL East.

Phils travel the next three games to play the Mets. I realize they are called the New York Mets. However the named "New York" NFL football teams don't even play in New York. So I'm not sure what state the Mets actually play in? Is it New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New England? So many states with the word "New" up that way, it's tough to keep track of it.

I just hope when the Phillies players are on the team bus, the driver can find the stadium. When he's driving around and sees a stadium with very few fan cars in the parking lot, then he'll know he's in the right place.

• Options
    edited April 22, 2019 8:33PM

Mets beat Sillies, primma donna Harper ejected again whining about balls and strikes and back into first place. Great night all around in Flushing. :)

• Options

I would comment on tonight's game but I can't because I have a headache. 🤕

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better that Harper focus on playing the game instead exploding and taking his bat out of the game...especially against the Mets. What could he hope to have accomplished? NADA

• Options

Someone please alert the Phillies pitchers that the pitcher is supposed to be an easy out, not look like Babe Ruth, LOL..

I'm loving this new look Phillies lineup!

• Options

Phillies must bounce back with a win tomorrow.

Tomorrow's game will be an early season test of whether or not the Phillies are championship caliber. Championship teams usually always bounce back and win from a stinker such as this game today.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Phillies must bounce back with a win tomorrow.

Tomorrow's game will be an early season test of whether or not the Phillies are championship caliber. Championship teams usually always bounce back and win from a stinker such as this game today.

No mercy!