Options

Philadelphia Phillies 2019 season official thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    The NL East must have been kind of weak this year. The Cards came into their (Atlanta the Division winner) house and put 10 on them in the 1st. Are they playing Baseball or Football? ;)

I am surprised by the NLCS finalists. But I recall that both the Cards and Nats did very well down the stretch.

The Cards have a history of doing this and end up winning the WS a lot more than not. It should be a good NLCS.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    Kapler bites the dust. I have a new definition for getting old: when you've lived through at least 20 Phillies managers. :)

Phillies had to do it. It wasn't just the collapse although that could have been reason enough. But the convoluted lineup changes often made no sense. I mean he had Harper leading off in some games? Just silly and ridiculous. It's debatable he could have been fired just for that.

• Options

@ernie11 said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    The NL East must have been kind of weak this year. The Cards came into their (Atlanta the Division winner) house and put 10 on them in the 1st. Are they playing Baseball or Football? ;)

I am surprised by the NLCS finalists. But I recall that both the Cards and Nats did very well down the stretch.

Yea, i'm sure that Nats fans, and deservedly so, are having a good laugh about this. They lose their "super star" Harper to the Phillies, and it is the Phillies who are sitting home right now. :/

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

And they finally made the decision on Kapler. I have to imagine there would have been such a public outcry had he been retained that it had to enter into their decision. Hope that they get someone who can help some of these young players improve their game and make more progress. At least they did it while some of the big names are still available.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019 7:34AM

When the Phillies limped to the end of the season, I told myself, "I can't wait for the football season to begin". After the Eagles fiasco in Miami yesterday, I'm back to saying, "I can't wait for the baseball season to begin". :D

• Options

@ernie11 said:
    When the Phillies limped to the end of the season, I told myself, "I can't wait for the football season to begin". After the Eagles fiasco in Miami yesterday, I'm back to saying, "I can't wait for the baseball season to begin". :D

I'm not sure whether to give this post an Agree, Like, or LOL.

That Eagles loss yesterday took a lot out of me. I feel like I need a vacation to recuperate, but i'm not sure if vacations are allowed for Philly sports fans?

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

stevek

If the Eagles and the Phiilies are letting you down you can always turn your attention to the Flyers and the Sixers. Both of these teams have winning records (so far) and look to be in the playoff hunt. :)

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    stevek

If the Eagles and the Phiilies are letting you down you can always turn your attention to the Flyers and the Sixers. Both of these teams have winning records (so far) and look to be in the playoff hunt. :)

Admittedly, I usually only closely follow the Flyers or Sixers when they reach their conference finals.

But it's always great to see all Philly teams do well. 😊

• Options

Hey Steve, don't forget to root for the Cowboys against the Bears Thursday! :oB)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Hey Steve, don't forget to root for the Cowboys against the Bears Thursday! :oB)

The Eagles could be 0-12 right now, but i would still receive great joy from a Cowboys loss.

• Options

Come on Steve.......the Eagles are gone.......root for the Cowboys.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Come on Steve.......the Eagles are gone.......root for the Cowboys.

I'll root for the Cowboys football stadium, when it's unoccupied, to vanish late one night into a giant sinkhole.

• Options

Boy, some people's kids! ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Boy, some people's kids! ;)

Hey, i could have included Jerry Jones vanishing into the sinkhole, but i was raised to be respectful. ;)

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with Wheeler..he usually pitches well for a month or two out of 6 (if he's not on the DL).

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Good luck with Wheeler..he usually pitches well for a month or two out of 6 (if he's not on the DL).

Phillies and Eagles both seem to be adept lately at signing injury ridden players.

But considering how badly the Phillies swooned last season, i'll take anything new. 🤷

• Options

Jenkins just saved you as possible TD by Cooper.

• Options

No pressure on the QB even if it is Glassboy and he will carve you up. And I don't think Runtboy (35) meets the height requirement to play sports!

I just hope this loss gets Garrett fired! That would be worth it!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 4:36PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    No pressure on the QB even if it is Glassboy and he will carve you up. And I don't think Runtboy (35) meets the height requirement to play sports!

I just hope this loss gets Garrett fired! That would be worth it!

It’s looking good for the Cowboys and Garrett. The Eagle players are made of plaster of Paris while the Cowboys are made of iron.

Oops! Wrong thread. Still stands though.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?