Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #6

Comments

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:
    If Jim owned that 53d that went through 10 times and then he sold it...next time through it is a lock 68. ;)

Soooooo true!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad!

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

I have a really, really nice PCGS 53D!!! Perhaps...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2019 6:13AM

Oh, you guy's; could there be a 53D that's out there that's MS68FB no one has seen, not even onlyroosies has seen?
    Raw sets contain some terrific Roosies, even onlyroosies has not seen them all...yet!!!.

Perhaps...

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:
    Oh, you guy's; could there be a 53D that's out there that's MS68FB no one has seen, not even onlyroosies has seen?
    Raw sets contain some terrific Roosies, even onlyroosies has not seen then all...yet!!!.

Perhaps...

It's not a 68FB unless the holder says so.

• Options

What happened to that one Nick?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin

I believe that's the one Nick said turned in the holder, and now believes it was AT. If so, to bad...

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin

I believe that's the one Nick said turned in the holder, and now believes it was AT. If so, to bad...

I tried crossing multiple times with no luck. The coin did turn much darker in the holder. The reverse turned grey. I eventually tried to cross it down to 67+FB and PC DNC it. That's what led me to suspect it was AT all along. It eventually sold to an NGC registry collector. The pic above was before it turned. The coin looked completely black under florescence lighting.

Like Jim said, To Bad...

• Options
    edited May 2, 2019 6:51PM

Again... nicest 53-D I ever saw! Lol... I said ... Too bad!

Nick... I have a coin set aside for you... a 2019-D Roosie grading PCGS-MS69FB PL First Day of Issue. A second example going out on eBay tonight from the pop 2/0.

Wondercoin.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    Again... nicest 53-D I ever saw! Lol... I said ... Too bad!

Nick... I have a coin set aside for you... a 2019-D Roosie grading PCGS-MS69FB PL First Day of Issue. A second example going out on eBay tonight from the pop 2/0.

Wondercoin.

I bet that 9FBPL is a monster of a dime. Got pics???

Later, Paul.
  • Options

My latest...

MS67FB

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Paul. Justin is listing on eBay tonight the second coin from the pop 2/0. He tells me they both are spectacular. I don’t get back from Asia until later next week so I will not see the coins until then. With a little luck, I may not ever see one, or both, of the coins! Lol.

Very clean 46-S for just a 67FB grade!

Wondercoin.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    Paul. Justin is listing on eBay tonight the second coin from the pop 2/0. He tells me they both are spectacular. I don’t get back from Asia until later next week so I will not see the coins until then. With a little luck, I may not ever see one, or both, of the coins! Lol.

Wondercoin.

Asia, well you sure get around. Long way to go for Chinese food! I'll check out the one on eBay.
    Be safe in ur travels.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Long way to go for Chinese food!

Or, in this case, Malay and Thai food!

Wondercoin.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin.

Sometimes there is NO difference between a 67....67+.....68... ;) Just saying.

• Options
    edited May 3, 2019 10:04AM

At $4,995 for the 2019-W MS69FBPL, I believe I'll get two...

• Options

@Stooge said:
    My latest...

MS67FB

Nice soft color on that one Paul, nice choice.

• Options

@lablover said:

I’d definitely pay that for a 2019-W MS69FBPL. Unfortunately the one on eBay is a 2019-D not W. Argggggg
    B)B)B)

Why can’t I find these in the pop report?

Onlyroosies

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@lablover said:

I’d definitely pay that for a 2019-W MS69FBPL. Unfortunately the one on eBay is a 2019-D not W. Argggggg
    B)B)B)

Why can’t I find these in the pop report?

Onlyroosies

I put the coin in my inventory to see what came up (Yes, it's been deleted) and it comes up MS69BP pop (2/0). Why not the correct grade of MS69FBPL? It has to be a clerical error??? I've never known any coin to be in the owners hands before it was in the inventory. Also as a side note, the 2017-S MS70FB's are still not in the pop report. I've looked several times over the past year and it's never made an appearance.

The pop report has fallen on down times the past few years with adding dates/MM's. The SP section is all over the place and needs to be completely reorganized.

Question, is PCGS going to require two 2019-D dimes this year? Does anyone know if the 2019-P will get the PL designation?

Later, Paul.
  • Options

I believe BP... stands for FB and PL = BP.

Nothing to fix.

Wondercoin.

• Options

Now I am confused Nick...

I wrote...

“Nick... I have a coin set aside for you... a 2019-D Roosie grading PCGS-MS69FB PL First Day of Issue. A second example going out on eBay tonight from the pop 2/0.”

D, not W.

Wondercoin.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    Now I am confused Nick...

I wrote...

“Nick... I have a coin set aside for you... a 2019-D Roosie grading PCGS-MS69FB PL First Day of Issue. A second example going out on eBay tonight from the pop 2/0.”

D, not W.

Wondercoin.

PM sent

• Options

Mitch,

The W/D comment was a jab back at Jim for calling it a "W" I know it's a D mint mark.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    I believe BP... stands for FB and PL = BP.

Nothing to fix.

Wondercoin.

Why would PCGS have it listed differently than what’s on the label? Doesn’t make sense.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Mitch,

The W/D comment was a jab back at Jim for calling it a "W" I know it's a D mint mark.

Oh, the jab was felt... :|

• Options

“Why would PCGS have it listed differently than what’s on the label? Doesn’t make sense.”

Paul. They have similar two letter codes for the cents and nickels that receive multiple designations. Have a look. I have no idea why this is.

Wondercoin.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Just completed my 1st transaction with @Khayman He is really great to work with, although I grew impatient ;)

I picked up a 1961-D MS66+FB pop (2/26) that I believe was in his first 46-64 set. Gave me a great deal too. I've picked off a couple or 3 from this set that Justiin at MonsterCoinMart on eBay is unloading. Every dime has been solid for the grade. Very nice collection of dimes!

Thanks again John.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    Just completed my 1st transaction with @Khayman He is really great to work with, although I grew impatient ;)

I picked up a 1961-D MS66+FB pop (2/26) that I believe was in his first 46-64 set. Gave me a great deal too. I've picked off a couple or 3 from this set that Justiin at MonsterCoinMart on eBay is unloading. Every dime has been solid for the grade. Very nice collection of dimes!

Thanks again John.

Paul, I also purchased one off of John pretty recently. It was a no-hassle transaction. This is what I purchased:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/roosevelt-dimes/dimes/1959-d-10c-ms67-full-bands-pcgs-pcgs-population-71-1-ngc-census-116-2-mintage-164-919-792-numismedia-wsl-price-f/a/131618-21183.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

• Options

I remember that 59D it was in my set. I consider it an error slab. PC left off the "MS". I think it's really cool

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Very psyched you like the coins, Paul ((and Gary!).

One of the great pleasures for me in building these sets has been experiencing the great interaction and camaraderie within this group - you guys make it much more than a hobby/passion, and that in itself is worth every penny (or dime!). 😉

-John

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:

@Stooge said:

Thanks again John.

Paul, I also purchased one off of John pretty recently. It was a no-hassle transaction. This is what I purchased:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/roosevelt-dimes/dimes/1959-d-10c-ms67-full-bands-pcgs-pcgs-population-71-1-ngc-census-116-2-mintage-164-919-792-numismedia-wsl-price-f/a/131618-21183.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Left-overs can be quite tasty! :)

• Options

Posted this on the Open Board. Just a new REAL Rainbow for the low ball set...

1953-S MS67+

• Options

A few days ago I opened a few OBW 1946-S Roosie rolls. This coin was smack in the middle of one of them.

Our hosts will be seeing this soon.

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:

aaaaaaaah, Why?

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:
    A few days ago I opened a few OBW 1946-S Roosie rolls. This coin was smack in the middle of one of them.

I find it difficult to believe that dime with it’s textile toning was in an OBW roll, unless it sat in a canvas bag for a very long time undisturbed before it was rolled. It’s a very unique looking dime, but what makes you want to grade it at PCGS?

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    I find it difficult to believe that dime with it’s textile toning was in an OBW roll, unless it sat in a canvas bag for a very long time undisturbed before it was rolled. It’s a very unique looking dime, but what makes you want to grade it at PCGS?

Paul, that's what I'm thinking... That it was in a canvas bag, and then rolled up at a later date for a customer at the bank.

What makes me want to have it graded? The unique toning pattern. The photo makes the coin look brownish, but it's actually blast white. I grade it 66+.

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:

What makes me want to have it graded? The unique toning pattern. The photo makes the coin look brownish, but it's actually blast white. I grade it 66+.

Still! A 46S graded 66+ is barely worth cost to get it graded

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@ilikemonsters said:

Still! A 46S graded 66+ is barely worth cost to get it graded

A white example with no toning, yes.

Nick, if you can find me a comp with textile toning, I'll give you $50, AND pay for dinner at FUN!

• Options

no premium for a textile toned 46S 66+ unless the toning is colorful

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:

@Stooge said:

Paul, that's what I'm thinking... That it was in a canvas bag, and then rolled up at a later date for a customer at the bank.

Glad you agree. Not putting your dime down, but 1946-S is heavily graded. Not worth much unless you have some nice toning and 6FB or higher, than even with that it doesn't command much.

Can we please see the reverse?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone going to Summer Fun?

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2019 11:24AM

@onlyroosies said:
    no premium for a textile toned 46S 66+ unless the toning is colorful

Hey, if he likes it slab it. I have slabbed many Roosies that would probably make you shake your head......usually a variety. ;)

Matter of fact here is one.

• Options

A new MS69FB clad showed up in the pop report. 1999P pop 1/0. Anyone want to claim victory
    for this one.

Onlyroosies

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

I’d love it, but TBD depending pricing! 😉

• Options

@Khayman said:
    I’d love it, but TBD depending pricing! 😉

Oh, you big rollers...wish I could play in that league. :(

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:

Anyone going to Summer Fun?

Yes, now that I know what you're bringing. Count me in!!!

• Options

I wish

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    A new MS69FB clad showed up in the pop report. 1999P pop 1/0. Anyone want to claim victory
    for this one.

Onlyroosies

I know exactly who, what, when and where this dime is. ;)B) BTW, I'm not claiming victory. :'(

Later, Paul.