Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Play-offs, WildCard round/pick the winner and discuss.

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Hopefully for his sake he has some type of performance incentive if he makes an AllPro or ProBowl teams.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Houston played well in the middle of the season but ran out of gas. Their coach didn’t help with dumb play call on 4th and one at the end of the first half.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs opened -5.5

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

and on move Dallas and Indy. one question: How does Houston play a game like that at home??

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    and on move Dallas and Indy. one question: How does Houston play a game like that at home??

Because they are not that good to begin with.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indy has been playing well for quite a while now, it's almost unsustainable in the NFL and the Teams they'll be playing will only get better. the hardest thing for them is that everything is on the road. I think it was the Oakland Raiders in the early 1980's that were the first Wild Card Team to win the Super Bowl, it's tough sledding on the road.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Indy has been playing well for quite a while now, it's almost unsustainable in the NFL and the Teams they'll be playing will only get better. the hardest thing for them is that everything is on the road. I think it was the Oakland Raiders in the early 1980's that were the first Wild Card Team to win the Super Bowl, it's tough sledding on the road.

I think the chargers are 7-1 on the road this season

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seattle odds finished at +2.5. But without a last minute TD and a pulled hamstring and going for 2 my parlay str8 up would have dumped. As it stands I swept Saturday and have a teaser working with the Chargers. Colts win should have surprised no one.
    When Foleys entered at QB I wrote on my cheat sheet that the Eagles were ready.
    Bears are a tough test but I think it will a be fun game.
    2 team teaser
    Chargers +9
    Eagles +12.5

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@keets said:

The Chargers are done after today. Will be fun to watch the Ravens beat them again.

• Options

The 2007 Giants wild card team that prevented NE from going 19-0 had to win every playoff game on the road as well.

• Options

The Chargers have a history of not being able to win the big one.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

@keets said:

The Chargers are done after today. Will be fun to watch the Ravens beat them again.

prefer a ravens loss just to not have to that mumbling idiot give a sermon

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

The Steelers (2005), Giants (2007) and Packers (2010) have also done it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

It looks like the Baltimore rookie quarterback is playing like a rookie today. Fumbles, interception and missed targets are the order of the day.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    It looks like the Baltimore rookie quarterback is playing like a rookie today. Fumbles, interception and missed targets are the order of the day.

Add into the equation that the Chargers D is excellent it can make for a long day

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ravens don't impress me at all.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Ravens don't impress me at all.

They have shown good defense, but when the offense is next to nonexistent, the whole game will break down. If Harbough keeps the rookie quarterback in there, he has given up on this game. The kid has brought nothing to the table except a couple of scrambles. With Flacco there might be a chance, but with this kid, there is no chance. He might be great in the future, but today he is over his head.

• Options

Wow the Ravens do not look good at all, I was definitely wrong about them

• Options

If Coach Harbough sticks with the kid quarterback, he's not serious about trying to win this game. A field goal after that turnover doesn't cut it. Today, the kid can't play, and that's the kindest way to put it.

• Options

Another big turnover, no touchdown, missed field goal.

The kid can't pass, at least not today.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Wow the Ravens do not look good at all, I was definitely wrong about them

The problem is the offense. This reminds of the year when Denver got to the playoffs with Tim Tebow. You can only get so far with a sub par quarterback.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

You all do realize how much worse the Ravens were with Flacco playing right? They had lost 4 of their last 5 before Jackson started playing. They are 6 - 1 with their only loss to the AFC top seed in overtime since Jackson started. If Tucker doesn't whiff on that kick then they would have been one touchdown from taking the lead. While they are not playing particularly well they are hardly out of it.

Flacco is not a good QB. He had one great playoff run and then stole $100+ million.

Robb

• Options

Flacco was a better than average quarterback. Maybe he's washed up, but the rookie has done nothing. Have you watched this game? How can you say that he has done much of anything constructive in this game?

Flacco can pass and has played under pressure. This kid has done nothing.

• Options

They should pull Jackson just for his own future and safety . The Chargers are dominating both lines of scrimmage and the Ravens receivers suck. Zero separation. Baltimore could throw vintage Unitas out there and it wouldn’t matter

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Flacco at his worst won't be much different than Jackson has played today:
    2 turnovers, 3 completions,25 passing yards,40 rushing yards, 3 total first downs and just 3 points.

Even when it was just a 12-3 game it felt like a much bigger lead just for the fact Jackson can't even move the ball today.

• Options

Minus 2 two yards passing, 76 yards on the ground, 74 net yards total, three first downs.

I rest my case. Coach Harbough gave up on this game so he wouldn't hurt the kid's feelings. The coach gets a "F" for his effort today. As a semi Ravens fan, I am PO'd.

• Options

The Chargers look for real. Not just because of this game. They have looked good every time I have seen them play.

• Options
    edited January 6, 2019 1:48PM

The Chargers were tied with the best record in the AFC this year. They basically have no home field advantage ever since they moved. It makes their record even more impressive. As previously pointed out the Chargers were 7-1 on the road this year. 8-1 now. This game played out perfectly to script. Short of a bunch of turnovers this was a game they were always going to win. The Chargers are VERY good on both sides of the ball. As a Pat’s fan they make me nervous.

m

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    You all do realize how much worse the Ravens were with Flacco playing right? They had lost 4 of their last 5 before Jackson started playing. They are 6 - 1 with their only loss to the AFC top seed in overtime since Jackson started. If Tucker doesn't whiff on that kick then they would have been one touchdown from taking the lead. While they are not playing particularly well they are hardly out of it.

Flacco is not a good QB. He had one great playoff run and then stole $100+ million.

Robb

I 100% agree with you. If that moronic idiot Denver CB didn’t completely blow that play Flacco never would have made it to the Super Bowl. I will admit though for today’s game I would have put him in at the start of the 3rd to see if he had any stupid luck left in him

• Options
  • Options

@erikthredd said:
    That should be a TD.

I think it will be on the 1/2 yard line.

• Options

I guess this is why Harbaugh kept in Jackson. Good for the both of them

m

• Options

I think the Chargers starting sipping the champagne too early.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

23-17 hmmm I guess Harbough knows more than the rest of us. I can't stand the Ravens but sticking with Jackson was the easiest call of the season.

Robb

• Options

Lol watch the Ravens win this

• Options

this is unreal. nothing makes me sicker than watching teams playing prevent

• Options

What a Defensive play

m

• Options

I hope Harbaugh enjoys his offseason and likely trip to the unemployment line.

• Options

if im NE, im feeling good about the way that game ended. psychologically that win almost feels like a loss.

get up on Brady and pull that bullshit on defense and you'll be going home

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chargers make the stop on D and seal the deal with yet another turnover.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

dude threw for a quarter of the field for 3.5 quarters and suddenly they were marching for a third (and game-winning) TD to win the game

smh

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    if im NE, im feeling good about the way that game ended. psychologically that win almost feels like a loss.

get up on Brady and pull that bullshit on defense and you'll be going home

The Chargers will definitely be a very tough opponent for NE but i wanted no part of Terrell Suggs teeing off on Brady and getting in his head.

• Options

This game is exactly why the NFL is so unpredictable and never over till it’s really over. Jackson literally did NOTHING the entire first half and ofcourse he gets a chance to win it on the final drive of the game.

• Options

The Chargers will not be playing against a rookie quarterback next week. The defense might not be as good, but the Pat's offense will not play dead for more than the quarters of the game.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    The Chargers will not be playing against a rookie quarterback next week. The defense might not be as good, but the Pat's offense will not play dead for more than the quarters of the game.

Agreed. I just hope the good version of The Pats show up

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Colts,Cowboys,Chargers, Eagles

B)

• Options

I got 1 out of 4 right,my ride or die eleven win Cowboys. ;)

• Options

I'm looking forward to a great game next weekend. Pats beat Chargers and advance.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@thisistheshow said:

B)

Nicely done! Congrats. You're picking the Chiefs over Colts next weekend, right?

• Options

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@thisistheshow said:

B)

Nicely done! Congrats. You're picking the Chiefs over Colts next weekend, right?

Chiefs over Colts, yes, though I would prefer it the other way. .