Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Play-offs, WildCard round/pick the winner and discuss.

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Colts are done.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Colts are done.

What a beat down so far. The Chiefs look like they are playing at a different speed

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

that first quarter reminded me of Mike Tyson - Marvis Frazier

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still a lot of football to play but the weather and Indy just not showing up might be an issue

• Options
    edited January 12, 2019 3:40PM

Indy Special Teams with a big play

• Options

The Chiefs are an easy team to root for

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2019 4:05PM

halftime lines:

colts m/l....... +1,000

darin stares at his mahomes cards..... -69,000,000

• Options
    edited January 12, 2019 5:36PM

Congrats Darin. Well deserved

m

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, I expected the Chiefs to win but never thought it would be so easy. Indy was hot, playing good, but the season finally caught up to them. maybe Mahomes will make this Andy Reid's year. maybe this is the weekend when everything starts to make sense and the right Teams win.

if that's the case, it means an end to the Cowboys.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hail to the Chiefs.

• Options

Congrats Darin 🍻

• Options

1st home playoff win in 25 years. Wow, was that Montana?

Congrats to the Chiefs!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

KC's D was spectacular

keep playing like that and a championship may be in the offing

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

kc will win the superbowl you heard it here first. My brother lives out in nebraska and is a huge chiefs fan he will be thrilled

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Mark, perkdog and galaxy.
    Nice to see the Chiefs defense step up and make some huge plays.
    The secondary was outstanding, as well as the D- line.

Its going to be really fun watching the rest of the games this weekend just relaxing and knowing the
    Chiefs will be hosting the AFC championship game for the first time in history.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:

Its going to be really fun watching the rest of the games this weekend just relaxing and knowing the

Congrats on a huge win! Here's hoping NE gets the chance to meet up in KC next week.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

Congrats on a huge win! Here's hoping NE gets the chance to meet up in KC next week.

Eric- I have to root for the Pats as there is no way on Earth I can cheer for Philip Rivers and the Chargers. LOL.
    Whoever wins it will be a tough game for the Chiefs and the D will have to come up big again.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    4-0 on the dogs last weekend. It was my biggest winning weekend. Cashed all parlays teasers and str8 ups although it was a miracle Back door cover on the Seahawks.
    Here’s my picks for the weekend. ( so far )
    2 team teaser
    Indianapolis +11.5
    Rams -1

2 team teaser
    Chargers +10
    Saints-1

I like the
    Colts +5.5
    Chargers +4

Rough start this week. Hopefully, you set aside some of that profit from last week.

• Options

@Darin said:

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

Eric- I have to root for the Pats as there is no way on Earth I can cheer for Philip Rivers and the Chargers. LOL.
    Whoever wins it will be a tough game for the Chiefs and the D will have to come up big again.

LoL that is hilarious. Your Mahomes RCs should see a nice jump in price this week.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019 6:09PM

@grote15 said:

@2dueces said:
    4-0 on the dogs last weekend. It was my biggest winning weekend. Cashed all parlays teasers and str8 ups although it was a miracle Back door cover on the Seahawks.
    Here’s my picks for the weekend. ( so far )
    2 team teaser
    Indianapolis +11.5
    Rams -1

2 team teaser
    Chargers +10
    Saints-1

I like the
    Colts +5.5
    Chargers +4

Rough start this week. Hopefully, you set aside some of that profit from last week.

That wide open drop at the end cost me a back door cover. ( on the teaser) Ugly but that’s why it called gambling

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

two anomalies from the first game: the KC defense really played well after being mediocre all year --- and --- Mahomes doesn't throw a TouchDown Pass!!! how both of those things happened is what makes the NFL fun to watch.

we might bitch about it all year but it's hard to deny that we really Love It. <3

--- while I think the Cowboys will lose I'm looking for a big game fro Ezekiel Elliot. he is indeed special.

• Options

i'd love to know what the split is in the stands

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i'd love to know what the split is in the stands

I would guess 60/40 LA. One off the most annoying things about living in LA is we have a ton of Cowboy fans. Same when you travel to Mexico. All Cowboy fans.

m

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about an AFC West themed AFC Championship game!!!!!!

• Options

with 12 minutes left in the third quarter the Cowboys look beaten and Troy Aikman just echoed that thought. on Offense they can't get going and on defense they can't get off the field. CJ Anderson has been a beast and with Gurley coming on the Rams run game looks impressive.

to the credit of the Dallas Cowboys and Jason Garrett, they really turned their season around. hats off to Dimeman for choosing to stay with them.

• Options

hats off to Dimeman for choosing to stay with them.

He changed the channel at halftime of the biggest game of the year, LOL.. That's not counting the KC fling. :D

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far playoff form this weekend is holding. Kudos to the Chiefs and Rams.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@grote15 said:

He changed the channel at halftime of the biggest game of the year, LOL.. That's not counting the KC fling. :D

Looks like its time to visit the Dallas thread, should be some great entertainment!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:

@grote15 said:

Looks like its time to visit the Dallas thread, should be some great entertainment!

It should be a Pay Per View Thread.

m

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

okay, today's game have finished and unlike last week where all the dogs( and away teams) covered, both favorites and home teams took the money. What does that tell us about tomorrow? It's extremely unusual that all four home teams/favorites will cover on a weekend. Also the trend about rookie QB's in playoff games (if you count Mahomes as a rookie) did not hold up today either

• Options

It also illiustrates that coming off a bye provides the home team a significant edge and that it's that much harder to advance on the road with no time off.

• Options

I'm sticking with the Saints and the Pat's today. Philly has played valiantly to get where they are but a rested home Saints Team should look eerily like the Rams did yesterday, in control. New England will be themselves and Belichick will most likely have a few wrinkles to show the Chargers defense. also, I think the Pat's have always been seen as an Offense-led Team when they play some stout Defense.

• Options
    edited January 13, 2019 11:51AM

the defense of every team that played last week has looked completely shot and totally clueless out there

• Options

not to jump the gun, but if we have a KC vs NE rematch for a trip to the Bowl, there needs to be an av bet for the ages

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

• Options

If it means NE is still playing next week,hell yeah.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    not to jump the gun, but if we have a KC vs NE rematch for a trip to the Bowl, there needs to be an av bet for the ages

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

If the pats loose I could change my catfish hunter to a 32 ford coupe . Best I can do

• Options

NE abusing SD. NE at KC will be a great one.

• Options

the Pat's totally dominated the Chargers. I watched it with my dad and called the game with about four minutes left in the first half. one thing I will say about the Officiating, for some reason the Refs don't seem to be able to see when the New England DB's are holding the receivers, maybe they are just out of position on all the plays. funny, they always seem to see it on most other Teams.

I think NE will cause problems for KC and probably rush, rush, rush. Mahomes is more mobile than Rivers, but that Patriot rush is pretty good.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

Nah, won't happen because Patriots fans are too chickenchit to do an avatar bet when their team is an underdog.

;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

Nah, won't happen because Patriots fans are too chickenchit to do an avatar bet when their team is an underdog.

;)

Speaking of chickenchit,are we gonna see another episode of "The Eagles fan eats a pile of horse crap" if Philly wins this game or is that strictly a SB delicacy?

• Options

tighten your seat-belt as we head to the Fourth Quarter, this might be one of those games where the Team with the ball at the end wins.

two things that have developed:
    Drew Brees has been hot.
    the Saints are oh-so-close to getting to Foles, one step away from a sack.

• Options

I did much better with my picks this weekend going 3-1.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

my only reservation is the stunt LA pulled at the end of the game against the Ravens. if they almost made Lamar freaking Jackson look like second coming of Tom Brady with the game on the line, what will they make the actual Tom Brady look like??

hope y'all don't mind if i answer my own question from last weekend.

God.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

I sincerely believe the Chiefs will win but I will man up and wager my Avater against Darin if he wants. I’m in if he wants 🍻

• Options

2-2 last week, 4-0 this week.

JMHO, the Chargers vs. Pat's game didn't turn on Brady and the offense, it was decided by the Pat's defense. they bull-rushed Rivers from the start and as the game progressed it only got worse, to the point where Rivers never really had much time. he was throwing off-balance all day. once Belichick smelled blood the Chargers were done.

next week's games will be good. I'm sticking with the Saints and Pat's but truthfully, after this week it could go either way. these four Teams are really, good.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

I sincerely believe the Chiefs will win but I will man up and wager my Avater against Darin if he wants. I’m in if he wants 🍻

perkdog- I will respectfully decline.
    Since the end of the regular season I've had Broncos fans tell me that Denver was going to win as many playoff
    games as the Chiefs this year, and Raiders fans saying they would win as many playoff games, meaning zero of course.
    So my time is best suited to tracking down all those folks and reminding them of what they said and maybe tactfully
    mentioning how bad their teams suck compared to the Chiefs. LOL.

And truthfully- I just don't want to change my avatar if the Chiefs lose, which is a very real possibility considering
    how well the Patriots played today.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

And perkdog, Eric, bronco and any other NE fans on this board, congrats it was a great win
    against a Chargers team that had been playing some really good football.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

perkdog- I will respectfully decline.
    Since the end of the regular season I've had Broncos fans tell me that Denver was going to win as many playoff
    games as the Chiefs this year, and Raiders fans saying they would win as many playoff games, meaning zero of course.
    So my time is best suited to tracking down all those folks and reminding them of what they said and maybe tactfully
    mentioning how bad their teams suck compared to the Chiefs. LOL.

And truthfully- I just don't want to change my avatar if the Chiefs lose, which is a very real possibility considering
    how well the Patriots played today.

I would give those Broncos fans a drug test asap if they were predicting Denver playoff wins in this postseason when they weren't even playing in it.