Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is game over, or really close to it.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looked to me like they didn't become available at all this morning. Did anyone see them available?

Yes, I saw them available for about 5 seconds.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:
    Yes I think it will not go much higher now there will be many more coming and we will see a drop very soon. After two or three months from now we will be the real going price. I think $2500 to $2800 will be that going price time will tell.

In the long run that price sounds reasonable. It is possible prices peaked last week but we'll see. Remember $3k is triple melt value and double issue price.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I go to buy my PCGS70 two things will be required. Number one I will require a photo of the actual coin and I will require an exchange policy. I want to approve the coin before I live with it.
    History from the mercury gold and the last year’s Palladium Eagle lead me to this policy.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two of my pending confirmed orders have now been canceled.. :'(

• Options

Sorry to hear, J. I believe the 70’s will become more affordable.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

Did they give a reason why?

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

My original order remains entombed in a very fine looking cardboard box as I can only imagine how perfect it is!

• Options

@dmwest said:

@jwitten said:

Did they give a reason why?

No. And I still have a few processing orders. No clue if they will go through or be canceled as well.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had a one coin per household limit; so if they are seeing multiple orders that are connected to the same buyer, they figure that it is only a dealer trying to flip at a profit; which is not to say that most buyers are not flippers, which they probably are.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigmountainlion said:
    Is this an one year only coin or beginning of a new series?

The 2017 was an Uncirculated version, the 2018 is a Proof. The bill says the Mint must keep the design, but can alter finishes. Current speculation is maybe a reverse proof, burnished, or frosted variation possible in 2019, but nothing official has been reported that I have seen.

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    They had a one coin per household limit; so if they are seeing multiple orders that are connected to the same buyer, they figure that it is only a dealer trying to flip at a profit; which is not to say that most buyers are not flippers, which they probably are.

Probably why these coins keep dribbling out, albeit very briefly. It appears the mint seems a little more thorough on cross checking accounts and CCs the last few days?

Hopefully that's good news for those that only ordered 1 and their order still shows processing, but who knows?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2018 9:28AM

@jwitten said:

Seems like they would say. Big difference between HHL violation, inventory problems, or credit card issue

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Update- here's hoping you with confirmed "Processing" orders get good news soon. My son and his brother in law had ordered the "7:30 am" coins on Sept 7 and Sept 12, and both have gone to Shipped as of today. So hope the others get shipped soon.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I get a show of hands from anyone who is actually collecting this series? I haven't yet decided for myself - it might depend on whether or not my order goes through and how much I like the look of the coin when I receive it.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Can I get a show of hands from anyone who is actually collecting this series? I haven't yet decided for myself - it might depend on whether or not my order goes through and how much I like the look of the coin when I receive it.

It depends on how many I actually get. If I get several 70's from sending them in, I will probably keep one. If I only get one or two, I will sell all to maximize profit.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@VanHalen said:
    Monster Coin Mart's piece in PCGS 70 plastic just closed on ebay. The result? $3,059. No snipes.

ebay.com/itm/2018-W-25-Palladium-Eagle-PCGS-PR70DCAM-FIRST-STRIKE

If you are going to list another of the same coin for that price you could at least have a photo of the obverse of the coin you are selling instead of that stock photo.

Let's at least be fair on this....

I am going to go out on a limb and say that you, personally, are not in the market for one of these at this time and wouldn't be making the purchase from that auction anyway?

Also, I am sure that Mitch's son would likely happily give you a picture if you asked and if you were honestly interested in the auction (I shouldn't speak for Mitch, nor his son, so I may be corrected on that....I am just basing that comment off of my dealings with Mitch over the years and how his son likely works as well....)

Well you didn't go out on a limb as I have NO INTEREST in paying aftermarket prices for these. After all of the discussions here it should be apparent that stock photos are a big turnoff. When you see a new listing with the same slab as one that just ended it makes one wonder if the other listing went sour for some reason. If one was selling 500 $90 ASEs that's one thing, but a $3K coin should have at least an actual pic or say that it's a stock photo. Or if you have 25 coins then use 5 different obverse pics and rotate them. Mite take an extra 2 minutes of work to process a couple extra pics. That's just my take.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:
    If it gets cancelled I'll let u all know. Hopefully the cancellation which was reported was a very rare event.

Well it's looking that way. I gave it another shot this morning and it's looks like the household limit was reached even though they cancelled the first and only order. The only explanation I can think of is the CC's address wasn't the same as the shipping address which makes no sense since others here have said they've been doing the same and have had no issues. Not angry... it is what it is. BTW congrats for your sister!

You could always got to the Mint's website, get on chat and ask the agent how HHL is determined and report back here.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

@bigole said:
    Update- here's hoping you with confirmed "Processing" orders get good news soon. My son and his brother in law had ordered the "7:30 am" coins on Sept 7 and Sept 12, and both have gone to Shipped as of today. So hope the others get shipped soon.

Just rechecked mine, and I have 3 more that have shipped!! Whoo hoo!I have 2 canceled, 3 shipped, and one still processing. I've done better than I thought I would with them. Now I just hope to have a few 70's in the mix.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one from the mint last year and one this year. Expecting delivery today after a week delay for unknown reasons in it's travels to me. Was supposed to arrive last Monday. So you could say I'm collecting this series.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Whatever happens to anyones order status, at least you aren't losing your money. I returned several Gold Coins in about 2015 and the Mint Returns Dept down in Memphis didn't credit me with a BU 1 oz Gold Eagle that was in a package with 2 other Gold Coins. I'd call them on the Phone and various CSR's would BS me and just run me in circles, stringing me along. At one point one of the Ladies told me they videoed all unpacking of returns. I thought I was home free at that point. But nothing but BS ever happened. I was working about 72 hours per week at the time and soon I just got tired of calling. I guess I should simply move on but something about getting ripped out of an ounce of Gold by a bunch of Clueless Talking Heads just doesn't sit right with me.

Karma is still on my side. One day , Karma will collect what's due me.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    I have had an order in since Sept 8. I was in such a rush to check out that the billing address was wrong in the final check out, though it is correct on my online account.

I called them to let them know and they put a note on the account. It has been stuck in limbo since. They said they would probably call when it gets to their credit department. Once the order is confirmed the reps can't change the information.

Called twice to get it moving, but they say they have been too busy to get the order shipped. Probably never see the coin. It is a legit order.

It would be interesting to know if the 14K they sold initially have been shipped. Maybe they are behind going through each of those orders.

Finally shipped today.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

PF70,
    Did they ever end up calling you?

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

You could always got to the Mint's website, get on chat and ask the agent how HHL is determined and report back here.

Not having much faith for an explanation from the Mint I took you up on your suggestion.

First I explained the situation and had asked if she knew why the order was cancelled and she did not.
    I also asked if the coin was going to still be available and she said they are currently unavailable and sent me the link to enter my email for a reminder. :D
    Then asked how they determined the HHL and this was her answer:

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

@pf70collector said:

@pf70collector said:
    I have had an order in since Sept 8. I was in such a rush to check out that the billing address was wrong in the final check out, though it is correct on my online account.

I called them to let them know and they put a note on the account. It has been stuck in limbo since. They said they would probably call when it gets to their credit department. Once the order is confirmed the reps can't change the information.

Called twice to get it moving, but they say they have been too busy to get the order shipped. Probably never see the coin. It is a legit order.

It would be interesting to know if the 14K they sold initially have been shipped. Maybe they are behind going through each of those orders.

Finally shipped today.

My order from 9/8 shipped today as well. So, that's 3 out of the 4. Just one more awaiting to see if it ships.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@SONOMOSCA said:

That makes it sound like you can order that product again after 24 hours?

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@SONOMOSCA said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Not having much faith for an explanation from the Mint I took you up on your suggestion.

First I explained the situation and had asked if she knew why the order was cancelled and she did not.
    I also asked if the coin was going to still be available and she said they are currently unavailable and sent me the link to enter my email for a reminder. :D

At least Alexus got you're correct. My understanding from the past is that it goes by CC/payment method billing address.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

The mint is not giving away their secrets to see what determines a household limit it seems.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you waisted your time with her as it does not seem you are able to order still. Sorry

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is hope. My 9/11 order finally shipped today. Looks like the dam busted loose.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 shipped from 9/13, and 2 canceled from 9/14.
    Looks like the gravy train is over, folks.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

That's funny for a couple reasons. I swear Alexus is a bot.

When I contacted the Mint chat, I also got Alexus. I said, "Nice to meet you. Amazon really ruined your name, didn't they?" She or he totally ignored me and went straight to: "Do you have a question about an order?"

• Options

@DCW said:
    2 shipped from 9/13, and 2 canceled from 9/14.
    Looks like the gravy train is over, folks.

I've had ones ship that were ordered after the ones I had canceled. Who knows. I say you still have a chance if they become available again.

• Options

Once the frenzy subsides, which I believe it has begun, I will buy my PCGS70.
    It has been a fun ride.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

That's funny for a couple reasons. I swear Alexus is a bot.

When I contacted the Mint chat, I also got Alexus. I said, "Nice to meet you. Amazon really ruined your name, didn't they?" She or he totally ignored me and went straight to: "Do you have a question about an order?"

I've been on other sites like auto dealer sites where the chat responder is a bot.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

Welcome @fox9487 to posting in addition to lurking.

Palladium can grab your brain and squeeze till you're senseless.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Just hand delivered to my door !!

is it the DDO version? I hear there is one out there... :)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@Kudbegud said:

Unfortunately no. It does look perfect though. A 70? Of course !

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2018 5:40PM

@Kudbegud said:

@dmwest said:

@Kudbegud said:

Unfortunately no. It does look perfect though. A 70? Of course !

Glad you got your kud! :)

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fox9487 said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Looked to me like they didn't become available at all this morning. Did anyone see them available?

Yes, I saw them available for about 5 seconds.

Still had one in my cart from Friday or Saturday morning. Did not try Sunday morning, a sleep in day. The PC clock hit 7:30 this morning, I counted to ten and hit confirm order. Filled in all details 2 minutes earlier. And, wait for it, just got shipping confirmation from Mint at 6:25 PM. Of course my 9/12 order is still processing. Crazy

Joined forum 1/18/15. This is my first log in and post. The Palladium made me do it.

Congrats and welcome.

Just for kicks I kept refreshing at 07:30 today and never saw them available. This was from my phone which is far slower than my computer. Looks like you hit the magic few seconds.

My sister's which was ordered on Sunday morning is still processing yet your's from today shipped and other's have older orders which have not shipped or were cancelled and they don't know why. Just crazy.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had to see this little guy running around again!!!!

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Sounds like you waisted your time with her as it does not seem you are able to order still. Sorry

Thank you Gluggo! Don't feel to sorry for me though, I was able to get two already but those are long gone now.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:
    I got one this morning and everything looked fine, CC was hit and then just over 5 hours later came the cancellation summary notice.

Dear XXXXX XXXXXi:
    One or more items in your order USM06045XXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468).

Thank you,

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center

@dmwest said:
    Did anyone pick one up this morning? Just curious.

Sorry to hear about that, I had that very same thing happen to me earlier this year with the Royal Mint with one of their strike on the day sovereigns.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2018 4:39AM

It was up for nearly a minute today.

Did anyone snag another.

I added one to a relatives cart just in case limit is ever lifted.

Frustrating seeing it in the cart but unable to buy - all dressed up with nowhere to go.

My sister's order from Sunday morning is still processing. This is despite other people having orders shipped that were place later than that. I was tempted to add another one to the cart in her account just to be safe in case hers got cancelled but then I'm thinking they cancel them both. Who knows?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have one in your cart for the next day what is the process?

How do you know when it is available?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

Sent it from my house, unopened, stright to PCGS. What are my odds of a graded 70?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file