Home U.S. Coin Forum

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018 8:55AM

Let them try November many will pay the price!

39 degrees right now for those wondering. Won’t be long time to bring out the Plow

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful people as you’re contemplating buying the 70s as you might end up with one that has some flaws and you might want to make sure there is a return policy. Which is not an issue if it doesn’t bother you or you don’t want to resell it. We have seen the PCGS70 variance with the Mercury dimes and the previous Palladium eagle issue.
    As far as returning your Proof to the mint for a replacement, also be careful. What one or two or three Mint employees tells you is not the gospel.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

How was that graded so fast? The fastest service level has a turnaround of 6 days.

When you're a BIG CORPORATION with MONEY you get SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES!

I am going to guess its going to sell for $4,500.00

I don't know about that high but.......We ought to start a guess the price thread. With the current hysteria around these at a fever pitch $4,000 wouldn't surprise me at all. $3,500 would be a minimum don't you think?

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davidk said:
    Small flaw on the one I received. With my eye the particle appears to be metallic and gold in color.

I don't think I'd risk returning it with a sellout like this coin. You'd never get another one to replace it!
    This one is really more valuable- how often does gold dust get stuck on another coin? Sorry it's not perfect.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first one had a big fat fingerprint on the obverse. How the heck does that happen? Thankfully it came off with acetone.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Bernie supporter in Alaska - a rare breed indeed!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Goldminers said:

@Gluggo said:
    Looks like the first batch of the Big Boys Corporation coins got graded and they did good. 182 coins graded only 7 rejects @ 69 the rest are 70's. 175 graded 70's thats a nice percentage. Shows what happens when your a Big Corporation.

Gluggo,
    Please remember the company that sent in the 100 Mercanti's #683106 that 100% were all graded 70, probably sent in (and paid for) around 200-300 coins to be graded and specified only slab and document them if PR70. The other 100-200 got returned and will be sold in OGM packaging because PR69's have little demand.

Gold miner I don’t speculate show me the paperwork. If your defending them makes me wonder who you are. Talk is C##ap. After all I might want to buy one of them OGM coins at $2000.00 only to find out their 69 garbage! I am sure they would have noted failed grading to 70's or buy at your own risk.

You need to find out how the bulk submission process works.

theknowitalltroll;

@jmlanzaf said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

Anybody can get walk through service if you want to pay the premium. It is only a Matter of hours at a show.

Reading is fundamental

Was it possible to get them in time to walk them through at LB or do they have other public days besides Friday?

Normal walk-through is 2-day. By the way, MonsterCM and Wondercoin are like 20 minutes away, so they can just drop them off. Show walk-through is same day (barring certain special services). I doubt anyone got them in time for LB unless they bought them at a Mint souvenir shop.

So the public can submit in person any day and not just public Friday or are dealers not considered to be public?

theknowitalltroll;

@dmwest said:
    Did anyone pick one up this morning? Just curious.

I was able to. Not sure it will ship. I have several just processing.

• dmwestdmwest Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@dmwest said:

Me too...I called them today and they wanted to verify my billing address...I have 2 in processing and 2 that I’ve received.

Don't quote me on that.

@dmwest said:

@jwitten said:

@dmwest said:

Me too...I called them today and they wanted to verify my billing address...I have 2 in processing and 2 that I’ve received.

I have 3 for sure. 2 should arrive today, one yesterday. I have several more processing. Fingers crossed!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal walk-through is 2-day. By the way, MonsterCM and Wondercoin are like 20 minutes away, so they can just drop them off. Show walk-through is same day (barring certain special services). I doubt anyone got them in time for LB unless they bought them at a Mint souvenir shop.

So the public can submit in person any day and not just public Friday or are dealers not considered to be public?

I don't know about the general public showing up at PCGS. The FAQ on the PCGS site so they do not accept drop-offs from Collector Club members. They don't say anything about authorized dealers specifically, but they do imply in their next section that ADs may be able to do direct drop-off as that was listed as another option other than "mail".

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have put in my "remind me" emails, text reminders, etc and nothing... Started this right away before they went on sale. Still nothing. I have been on two "chats" with the US mint and I gotta say, those folks could not find their A$$ with two hands, a map and a flashlight... I'm going to stop and move on, perhaps is just for the best..

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018 11:18AM

14 FS PCGS PF 70s sold at $3450 on ebay.

https://ebay.com/itm/2018-W-1-oz-Proof-Palladium-American-Eagle-PCGS-PF-70-FS/183405685669?epid=5023210729&hash=item2ab3d4aba5:g:x8oAAOSwj~9bh~KR

Raws selling around $2150. Seems to be the average. I don't see a downward trend yet.

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pf70collector... not a single one of those coins has sold thus far for $3,450 on eBay.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

@pf70collector said:

https://ebay.com/itm/2018-W-1-oz-Proof-Palladium-American-Eagle-PCGS-PF-70-FS/183405685669?epid=5023210729&hash=item2ab3d4aba5:g:x8oAAOSwj~9bh~KR

Raws selling around $2150. Seems to be the average. I don't see a downward trend yet.

Yes, highest price sold is $2800 and none in over a week.

@pf70collector said:

I think it's too soon to expect to see a downward trend. I still haven't gotten either of my two. I'm not the only one. Until the redistribution of coins has taken place, there will still be impatient people scrambling. The fact that the price is stuck between $2000 and $2200 might mark that as the high.

@Gluggo said:
    I am a Bernie supporter

You have my deepest sympathies. More I cannot offer.

theknowitalltroll;
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018 12:14PM

@davidk said:
    Small flaw on the one I received. Just called the mint and they are sending me a label to return it and when they receive it they will send a replacement.

The flaw is a small speck about the size of a period (above the T in In God We Trust) that doesn't appear to be dust under high magnification. It looks like it may be a piece of debris that was actually struck onto the surface, or a small planchet flaw.

So it sounds like they held some back for issues like this. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is there a risk that they will get my returned coin, find that they're out of stock, and just issue me a refund even though I'd rather keep the flawed coin instead of getting a refund?

I was adamant that I'd rather keep the coin with the flaw than get a refund if they don't have a replacement to send out, and the customer service rep was certain that this would not be an issue.

Best pics that I could get:

60x magnification

120x magnification

A little more clear with some minor photo editing

Less magnification, better optics, can see the gold color better

The photo doesn't look exactly like what I see with my eye. With my eye the particle appears to be metallic and gold in color.

I would not have sent it back.

They do not hold any coins back for returns. It's extremely possible that you won't get a replacement.

Good luck though!

Please let us know how it turns out.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

@dmwest said:

Looked like they were up for a minute or more. Sure wish I had a second account.

edited September 14, 2018 11:38AM

@Gluggo said:
    davidk if they say to keep it I would listen. I really have NO idea about the outcome of something like this. You might want to let them know that even if you return it you want a guarantee or you WANT THAT COIN BACK. You can monitor the shipment and make the instructions very clear in the paperwork about wanting THAT COIN BACK IF THEY CANNOT REPLACE. Once they get it I would even call them to make sure they know where your coin is and see if that Mint employee can walk the order back or if its impossible. I have NO idea on the operation of the mint.

As others have noted....

The people who answer the phone often times don't know much. There is absolutely zero way that they can guarantee u a coin. If they're sold out they're gone and you'll get a refund no matter what they tell you.

As far as telling them u want that coin back, that won't work either. They don't work that way. Wish u would have ran it by the forum before sending it back.

So Rafus that was not for me. So I never sent one back but the person got both perspective. But thank you.

edited September 14, 2018 12:11PM

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Gluggo said:
    I am a Bernie supporter

You have my deepest sympathies. More I cannot offer.

Thank you

• bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Quick question- I ordered one last Thursday before the sell out, and it's been shipped and received.

My son got a confirmed order last Friday morning, but it still shows as Processing. He called today since it's been a week and was told his order was OK, they're shipping them out as fast as they can.

In these situations, are confirmed orders generally all ultimately shipped out? Or do they end up cancelling some of them? Just trying to get an idea of how safe a confirmed order is.

I ordered one last Saturday and it is still processing and then another one on Sunday which I’ve already received. I order another one on Monday and it too is processing. Good luck figuring out the mint shipping process. Btw, all 4 coins were charged instantly and I received confirmation emails for all 4.

Don't quote me on that.

So if you ordered more than one and your having problems getting all 3 or 7 coins I doubt tour going to have much sympathy from those that were not able to order one. I may be wrong. It I have sympathy for you all.

edited September 14, 2018 12:19PM

@Gluggo said:
    So Rafus that was not for me. So I never sent one back but the person got both perspective. But thank you.

Hi Gluggo,

Sorry for any confusion. I meant the comments for davidk.

R

@Gluggo said:
    So if you ordered more than one and your having problems getting all 3 or 7 coins I doubt tour going to have much sympathy from those that were not able to order one. I may be wrong. It I have sympathy for you all.

I’m not asking for sympathy and anyone could have done the exact same thing to get one that I did. I see nothing wrong with selling 3 to get 1 free to keep or if anyone got 30 to sell for all profit.

Don't quote me on that.

• bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Gluggo- I bought mine when it first went on sale and had agreed in advance to sell it to Wondercoin. Ordered in Florida, my CC. I kept my bargain with Mitch, we had a deal. It worked out great for him, which is as it should be. He took the risk. I got what I had agreed to get.
    After seeing the quick sellout and the jump in price, I let my son know he could make a profit if he could get a coin ordered last Friday. Ordered in England where he goes to school, his credit card. He got one.
    He told his brother in law to try this week, and he got one Wednesday in Arkansas, his CC.
    Only because of the BST do I even know that the Mint sometimes keeps selling sold out coins at 7:30 am eastern on the next few following days, so that's the only reason my son and his brother in law got orders in.
    I try to be a moral guy, keep my deals, wait in line. The limit is one per household, and we got three coins in three households. They were on sale at noon last Thursday to anyone anywhere. They've been on sale most mornings since at 7:30 on the dot, at least one day for longer than the first day, per the BST thread. Maybe tomorrow there will be some.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are all gone and while you might get a refund, I doubt you will get a replacement.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@Kkathyl said:
    They are all gone and while you might get a refund, I doubt you will get a replacement.

We don't know they are gone. They were on sale again this morning

Precious Metal Products 18EK 2018 AM EAGLE PALLADIUM PROOF 1 OZ 14796 09/10/2018

They had 204 left to sell this morning and they sold

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

edited September 14, 2018 2:15PM

@Kkathyl said:
    Precious Metal Products 18EK 2018 AM EAGLE PALLADIUM PROOF 1 OZ 14796 09/10/2018

They had 204 left to sell this morning and they sold

That's also false. That number is from Sunday and they've been available EVERY morning this week.

We don't know is the correct answer, unless you actually work at the Mint or fulfillment center.

edited September 14, 2018 2:17PM

I am just going by what the mint said. They have been canceling orders. My bad. Every Morning? I only got 1 notice.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@Kkathyl said:
    I am just going by what the mint said. They have been canceling orders. My bad. Every Morning? I only got 1 notice.

Every morning, as I recall. It's my hobby. Lol. One day it was seconds, they must have sold about two

@bigole said:
    Gluggo- I bought mine when it first went on sale and had agreed in advance to sell it to Wondercoin. Ordered in Florida, my CC. I kept my bargain with Mitch, we had a deal. It worked out great for him, which is as it should be. He took the risk. I got what I had agreed to get.
    After seeing the quick sellout and the jump in price, I let my son know he could make a profit if he could get a coin ordered last Friday. Ordered in England where he goes to school, his credit card. He got one.
    He told his brother in law to try this week, and he got one Wednesday in Arkansas, his CC.
    Only because of the BST do I even know that the Mint sometimes keeps selling sold out coins at 7:30 am eastern on the next few following days, so that's the only reason my son and his brother in law got orders in.
    I try to be a moral guy, keep my deals, wait in line. The limit is one per household, and we got three coins in three households. They were on sale at noon last Thursday to anyone anywhere. They've been on sale most mornings since at 7:30 on the dot, at least one day for longer than the first day, per the BST thread. Maybe tomorrow there will be some.

History shud tell you that for the early getters there is virtually no risk to them.

theknowitalltroll;

@BAJJERFAN said:

@bigole said:
    Gluggo- I bought mine when it first went on sale and had agreed in advance to sell it to Wondercoin. Ordered in Florida, my CC. I kept my bargain with Mitch, we

History shud tell you that for the early getters there is virtually no risk to them.

In this case, for a quick flip. But you don't have to go far back for proof that isn't always true. There's a lot of 1100 EU sets for sale that's been there since the first release last year.

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

I picked up one coin right at 7:30 am. Credit card hit.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
    edited September 14, 2018 4:51PM

683084 2018-W $25 Palladium First Day of Issue Mercanti Signature, DC PRDC 6 graded all 6 graded PR69 Ouch that did not work out well. You might get them at a discount. I would pay no more than $1200.00 for one.

Here is one for $4995.00 All ready to go just pay up!

2018-W $25 Palladium Proof PR70 PCGS First Strike TC Vet Wreath Label Pop 50 Or Less

http://thecapitolmint.com/2018-w-25-palladium-proof-pr70-pcgs-first-strike-tc-vet-wreath-label-pop-50-or-less/

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

I got one this morning and everything looked fine, CC was hit and then just over 5 hours later came the cancellation summary notice.

Dear XXXXX XXXXXi:
    One or more items in your order USM06045XXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468).

Thank you,

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center

@dmwest said:

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

Sonomoska try again tomorrow maybe you will luck out! Sorry they cancelled on you. :(

@SONOMOSCA said:
    I got one this morning and everything looked fine, CC was hit and then just over 5 hours later came the cancellation summary notice.

Dear XXXXX XXXXXi:
    One or more items in your order USM06045XXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468).

Thank you,

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center

@dmwest said:

Wow. To have a confirmed order canceled for being out of stock should not happen. It will be interesting to see how many of us waiting on orders will go through vs canceled.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes. I am still waiting for shipping confirmation too on a confirmed order a few days ago. I was in a hurry ordering and forgot to get expedited.

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

Today was a nightmare trying to find one of my original orders from opening day and then having internet connection problems. The Mint shipping label left off 2 of the last P.O. Box numbers. Yesterday the post office said try tomorrow since they haven't gone through the pallets of the UPS delivery yet. It took 3 trips today to finally get a very nice lady who made it her mission to find this missing package. She called me about 1 1/2 hours ago and gave me the goods news that she found the package. I must of thanked her a thousand times.

Not the way I thought I was going to spend my Birthday... oh well. Now I'm off to see my sons HS Varsity football game... I'll be the guy sleeping in the stands. Today wore me out!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

@Gluggo said:
    Sonomoska try again tomorrow maybe you will luck out! Sorry they cancelled on you. :(

I doubt they'll be any tomorrow. Clearly, they are having trouble counting. I'd imagine they will wait a couple days to sort it out.

@Gluggo said:
    683084 2018-W $25 Palladium First Day of Issue Mercanti Signature, DC PRDC 6 graded all 6 graded PR69 Ouch that did not work out well. You might get them at a discount. I would pay no more than $1200.00 for one.

Here is one for $4995.00 All ready to go just pay up!

2018-W $25 Palladium Proof PR70 PCGS First Strike TC Vet Wreath Label Pop 50 Or Less

http://thecapitolmint.com/2018-w-25-palladium-proof-pr70-pcgs-first-strike-tc-vet-wreath-label-pop-50-or-less/

So, you're saying these coins are so hot that you want one at a $200 discount over issue price. :smiley:

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

Dear XXXXX XXXXXi:

Thank you,

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center

@dmwest said:

Wow. To have a confirmed order canceled for being out of stock should not happen. It will be interesting to see how many of us waiting on orders will go through vs canceled.

Probably caught them double dipping. 1 per household but sometimes......well most of the time greed kills

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

So these are still popping up for sale in the mornings?

@SeatedToners said:
    So these are still popping up for sale in the mornings?

They have pretty much every morning so far. Sometimes for only a few seconds though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file