Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    On the way to PCGS..... B)...in a hurry so not the best shot, coin still in capsule.

Looks like a 69. let use know.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I have been away in class but I was only joking. But you all know that with my :o face. >:)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

...you forgot Mango <3

@Insider2 said:
    AFAIK, ONE Person can send one coin to any name ("Fido" his dog, "Grant" his the Iguana, "Freddy" Fido's flee, and "Tom" his turtle to any different address. To guarantee not being caught, it would be best to use different credit cards. I'm sure there are many folks who believe they are "scamming" the process. For example, a man and his wife (one household) use a home and business address to get two coins.

Life is not fair.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

The chips fall where they may, but the true collector gets his.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Define "household". If I buy 10 coins for my 10 children and send them to 10 different addresses, is that one household or ten?

If you have 10 kids, you can't afford 10 Palladiums.... :)

LOL Well, that might be true. But if my 10 kids live in 10 different houses, they are no longer my responsibility.

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    AFAIK, ONE Person can send one coin to any name ("Fido" his dog, "Grant" his the Iguana, "Freddy" Fido's flee, and "Tom" his turtle to any different address. To guarantee not being caught, it would be best to use different credit cards. I'm sure there are many folks who believe they are "scamming" the process. For example, a man and his wife (one household) use a home and business address to get two coins.

Life is not fair.

Actually, I usually use my home and work address, two different email and two different credit cards, but the same name and the same billing address (associated with the CC, of course). I've never had a problem.

Funny story, however. This time around, I accidentally made TWO MISTAKES. [I know, you're shocked that I would even make one.] In my fury to get both orders entered, I accidentally used the same credit card for both. To make matters worse, for one of the credit cards, I accidentally used my work address as the billing address which should not match the billing address of the card.

As of an hour ago, the second coin finally shipped. It may have been held up a bit - although my CC was charged on the 6th - but neither of the mistakes raised a red flag. Not only that, I contacted them a couple days ago to try and correct one or both mistakes, but they told me the order was fine, just delayed because they were busy.

[By the way, why do 15,000 orders make them busy when 50,000 Reverse Proof orders did not?]

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 12:07PM

To repeat my question, does anyone know what they count as a household? They really don't say anywhere that I can find on their website.

For example, could you all have had your coins shipped to me? 10 different people with 10 different CC's and 10 different billing addresses, but only one shipping address.

Are they using shipping address or billing address or CC number or email address or what to define "household"?

It seems to be a combination of shipping address and email. But I can't be sure.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    [By the way, why do 15,000 orders make them busy when 50,000 Reverse Proof orders did not?]

Yeah that’s just BS. My third coin arrived before my 2nd coin has even shipped. 2nd coin is supposed to go out tomorrow.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Define "household". If I buy 10 coins for my 10 children and send them to 10 different addresses, is that one household or ten?

If you have 10 kids, you can't afford 10 Palladiums.... :)

LOL Well, that might be true. But if my 10 kids live in 10 different houses, they are no longer my responsibility.

If you lived in Alaska you would get a check for each kid. $1560.00 x 10 plus you and your wife gets though $18,780.00 this year.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    If you lived in Alaska you would get a check for each kid. $1560.00 x 10 plus you and your wife gets though $18,780.00 this year.

I don’t have a wife nor would I live in Alaska. I’d live in Hawaii, but still without a wife.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 12:44PM

@dmwest said:

@Gluggo said:

nor would I live in Alaska.

Actually Good for you!

• Options

@dmwest said:

@Gluggo said:

I don’t have a wife nor would I live in Alaska. I’d live in Hawaii, but still without a wife.

I think it depends on how cold Alaska is and how hot the wife is.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@Bullsitter said:
    On the way to PCGS..... B)...in a hurry so not the best shot, coin still in capsule.

Looks like a 69. let use know.

Could be and I'll let y'all know. Photo is with the coin in the capsule. Before I send coins in to be graded I pick out the ones that I think have a shot at 70. I then take them to work where I let a friend of mine go through them and give his thoughts. We have had pretty good results. He says this is the best he has seen, he looked at it for at least 5 minutes with a 5X....btw, what do you see that makes you say 69? I'll check out what you see, doesn't hurt to have a third opinion

We sent in 25 HoF BB coins we thought would 70, got 22.....I call him Eagle Eye.

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 1:18PM

@Bullsitter said:

Looks like a perfect 70 BULL! :) Nice picture by the way!

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Re Household limits on this order...after ordering the first coin, the Mint's system would not allow me to even place a second coin in my bag while I was logged in using the same account. Ditto when a few more coins became available the following morning...and changing up shipping addresses didn't seem to make a difference Instead, I kept receiving a "Household Limit Has Been Reached" message.

Personally speaking, only when a totally different account was used did a second coin purchase become possible. Maybe my computer's cache was an issue...or the Mint's screen for redundant household orders was particularly tighter?

• Options
    OptexOptex Posts: 23 ✭✭

Well I'll start out saying this is my first post. Been a collector of coins for a long time. Dad got me hook as a kid. My question is I was lucky enough to get one of these coins. I think it's one of the best I've seen in a long while and I plan on keeping it. You guys and gals that are doing the same do you plan on getting it graded? Is there any advantage to having it graded if you plan on keeping it? I've never had a coin graded before and was just curious. What grading company is the best to use? And last, what does it cost? I sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I'm just trying to learn. Thanks for your understanding.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@dmwest said:

nor would I live in Alaska.

Actually Good for you!

You seem upset I wouldn’t want to live in Alaska. Well I wouldn’t want to live anywhere north of Virginia either. These old bones can’t stand the cold.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@Optex said:
    Well I'll start out saying this is my first post. Been a collector of coins for a long time. Dad got me hook as a kid. My question is I was lucky enough to get one of these coins. I think it's one of the best I've seen in a long while and I plan on keeping it. You guys and gals that are doing the same do you plan on getting it graded? Is there any advantage to having it graded if you plan on keeping it? I've never had a coin graded before and was just curious. What grading company is the best to use? And last, what does it cost? I sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I'm just trying to learn. Thanks for your understanding.

If you want to keep it long term, I feel in the box it came in is fine. If you think you may one day soon want to sell it I would get it graded by PCGS.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

This arrived today. Selling the first to pay for the second. I really like them both, now I need to decide if I keep the third Palladium for myself.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    OptexOptex Posts: 23 ✭✭

@dmwest said:
    If you want to keep it long term, I feel in the box it came in is fine. If you think you may one day soon want to sell it I would get it graded by PCGS.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess a person could always get it graded down the road. Is there any advantage to getting it graded sooner than later?

• Options

@Optex said:

@dmwest said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess a person could always get it graded down the road. Is there any advantage to getting it graded sooner than later?

Unless sealed from the mint I believe you lose the ability to get certain labels like first strike, etc. if you don’t send it in prior to a certain date, but to just straight grade it from pcgs with a blue label no.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 1:50PM

I'm thinking $2,500 soon, your thoughts?

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    I'm thinking $2,500 soon, your thoughts?

Might peak there on it's way back down.

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 2:46PM

Good luck on the grade bull. 3200 in a 70

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

LOL my dealer friend got the Mint email today at 8.04 am Central time... He picked up anther one

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 8:50PM

Let's wish our fellow members the best of luck for 70 shall we? .... and stop speculating on his / her behalf :)
    o:) Don't you all want the best for your friends ?

• Options

Wow,...………some one on BST … buying ...............2018 proof ...$2,035.00 ...this will be bigger than 2017 MS

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 9:14PM

I saw 2,050

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Optex said:

@dmwest said:

You can get 1st strike now and know the grade but not later in less you keep it in the box and not open it so send it in and if you don't like the holder crack it out and put it back in the US mint capsule and make sure you ask for your capsule back on your sub form Good luck to all.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice photos Type2

• Options

@bestday said:
    Wow,...………some one on BST … buying ...............2018 proof ...$2,035.00 ...this will be bigger than 2017 MS

Yes, because one person defines the market. Is it John Albanese?

• Options

I was able to order one this morning and when done they were gone. So I assume we are getting to the end of it.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

market is what ever someone willing to pay ...$2050

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, if you send the coin in still sealed in shipping box, will PCGS return the OGP? Asking for a friend B)

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018 5:26AM

@massscrew said:
    So, if you send the coin in still sealed in shipping box, will PCGS return the OGP? Asking for a friend B)

If you requested on your submit form they will.

• Options

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

Yes and no. The market is made by the balance between bid and ask. If I pay $500 for an MS-65 Albany commem because I really like it, that does NOT make all MS-65 Albany commems worth $500.

That is not above where they have been. They are between $2000 and $2200 on eBay. So, this doesn't exactly move the market at all from where it has been.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018 6:39AM

@dmwest said:
    I was able to order one this morning and when done they were gone. So I assume we are getting to the end of it.

That's awesome. Different account, different address, different CC I assume?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:

@dmwest said:

That's awesome. Different account, different address, different CC I assume?

Different account, different address, same CC for all my orders.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

Nice

• Options

It's amazing that they don't catch the same CC.

• Options

@Raufus said:

the rule is per household, not per billing CC. My understanding is as long as the coin goes to a different address then it is a legit order.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

Thanks!!! Very useful.

• Options
    edited September 13, 2018 8:35AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

Yes and no. The market is made by the balance between bid and ask. If I pay $500 for an MS-65 Albany commem because I really like it, that does NOT make all MS-65 Albany commems worth $500.

That is not above where they have been. They are between $2000 and $2200 on eBay. So, this doesn't exactly move the market at all from where it has been.

lol prf palladiums are $2050 until that price filled ,,,,,,,,,,, dealer friend sold more than 2 - 2018 s for just under $3,000

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Optex said:
    Well I'll start out saying this is my first post. do you plan on getting it graded? Is there any advantage to having it graded if you plan on keeping it? What grading company is the best to use? And last, what does it cost?

WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM, I mean, Welcome to the forum! Hang around here and you will learn more than you need to know, seriously. These are all good questions. Some folks like raw coins, not a bad choice at all if you plan on just keeping it. Some like them graded. Getting coins graded can be fun but expensive too. There is a grading fee, postage fee, insurance fee, and then the waiting game.....not every coin comes back with top marks. There are basically four grading companies, (ICG, ANACS, NGC, and PCGS) with the overwhelming favorite being PCGS...their standards are very high making them more desirable and profitable for resale. If you plan on keeping it, you could still get it graded unless you don't like your coins in slabs. I'll give you the answer I got when I recently asked the same question, "Go with your gut!"

• Options

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

lol prf palladiums are $2050 until that price filled ,,,,,,,,,,, dealer friend sold more than 2 - 2018 s for just under $3,000

Your dealer friend has either very fussy customers or dumb ones. They're all over eBay at $2200 to $2400.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@Raufus said:

the rule is per household, not per billing CC. My understanding is as long as the coin goes to a different address then it is a legit order.

Well, except they don't let me ship to 3 different addresses from one email account.

• Options

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

>

I should add that your somewhat illogical conclusion is that someone buying a $3000 coin at $2050 shows an increase in market price????

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

>

I should add that your somewhat illogical conclusion is that someone buying a $3000 coin at $2050 shows an increase in market price????

Graded ones are going for 3k, raw for 2k.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am disconcerted. Last entry on Informed Delivery shows "In Transit to Next Facility" dated 9/11.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file