Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

Today was a nightmare trying to find one of my original orders from opening day and then having internet connection problems. The Mint shipping label left off 2 of the last P.O. Box numbers. Yesterday the post office said try tomorrow since they haven't gone through the pallets of the UPS delivery yet. It took 3 trips today to finally get a very nice lady who made it her mission to find this missing package. She called me about 1 1/2 hours ago and gave me the goods news that she found the package. I must of thanked her a thousand times.

Not the way I thought I was going to spend my Birthday... oh well. Now I'm off to see my sons HS Varsity football game... I'll be the guy sleeping in the stands. Today wore me out!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Sonomoska try again tomorrow maybe you will luck out! Sorry they cancelled on you. :(

I doubt they'll be any tomorrow. Clearly, they are having trouble counting. I'd imagine they will wait a couple days to sort it out.

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    683084 2018-W $25 Palladium First Day of Issue Mercanti Signature, DC PRDC 6 graded all 6 graded PR69 Ouch that did not work out well. You might get them at a discount. I would pay no more than $1200.00 for one.

Here is one for $4995.00 All ready to go just pay up!

2018-W $25 Palladium Proof PR70 PCGS First Strike TC Vet Wreath Label Pop 50 Or Less

http://thecapitolmint.com/2018-w-25-palladium-proof-pr70-pcgs-first-strike-tc-vet-wreath-label-pop-50-or-less/

So, you're saying these coins are so hot that you want one at a $200 discount over issue price. :smiley:

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@SONOMOSCA said:
    I got one this morning and everything looked fine, CC was hit and then just over 5 hours later came the cancellation summary notice.

Dear XXXXX XXXXXi:
    One or more items in your order USM06045XXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468).

Thank you,

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center

@dmwest said:
    Did anyone pick one up this morning? Just curious.

Wow. To have a confirmed order canceled for being out of stock should not happen. It will be interesting to see how many of us waiting on orders will go through vs canceled.

Probably caught them double dipping. 1 per household but sometimes......well most of the time greed kills

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

So these are still popping up for sale in the mornings?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:

They have pretty much every morning so far. Sometimes for only a few seconds though.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

They have pretty much every morning so far. Sometimes for only a few seconds though.

At what time?

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:
    683084 2018-W $25 Palladium First Day of Issue Mercanti Signature, DC PRDC 6 graded all 6 graded PR69 Ouch that did not work out well. You might get them at a discount. I would pay no more than $1200.00 for one.

Here is one for $4995.00 All ready to go just pay up!

2018-W $25 Palladium Proof PR70 PCGS First Strike TC Vet Wreath Label Pop 50 Or Less

http://thecapitolmint.com/2018-w-25-palladium-proof-pr70-pcgs-first-strike-tc-vet-wreath-label-pop-50-or-less/

So, you're saying these coins are so hot that you want one at a $200 discount over issue price. :smiley:

D#m right! Actually there were some saying Palladium was going to drop like a rock maybe after the medal crashes on the market. Or the prices drop next week! :D

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

D#m right! Actually there were some saying Palladium was going to drop like a rock maybe after the medal crashes on the market. Or the prices drop next week! :D

Eventually palladium and platinum will drop significantly as 40% of the demand dries up once cars are electric. That is NOT happening next week.

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

When they open I am guessing 8 am eastern time since they are in DC. It might be worth it to check in the AM.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

When they open I am guessing 8 am eastern time since they are in DC. It might be worth it to check in the AM.

7:30 a.m eastern. But given the order cancellations today, I wouldn't expect any for a little while until somebody takes an inventory. LOL.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

Different household and greed had no part in the reason for cancellation.
    I agree greed does kill...but I believe the opposite sometimes not most of the time.
    Greed is not laid to rest as often as it should.

@blitzdude said:

@jwitten said:

Wow. To have a confirmed order canceled for being out of stock should not happen. It will be interesting to see how many of us waiting on orders will go through vs canceled.

Probably caught them double dipping. 1 per household but sometimes......well most of the time greed kills

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they accept orders on Saturday?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@morgansforever said:
    Do they accept orders on Saturday?

Yes

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the first TRUE VIEW photo, a 69.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

7:30 a.m eastern. But given the order cancellations today, I wouldn't expect any for a little while until somebody takes an inventory. LOL.

The cancellations are probably what is causing the coins to become available again. They would have put sold out by now.

• Options

@pf70collector said:

ect any for a little while until somebody takes an inventory. LOL.

The cancellations are probably what is causing the coins to become available again. They would have put sold out by now.

Not the latest ones. Most cancellations are due to billing problems. Those are what make them available again, as you say. But the latest cancellations were due to absence of inventory which means they accidentally oversold them. Those will not become available again and suggest that they don't appear to have any left, at least at the moment.

• Options

Wow! they really did become available for a few seconds this morning! I kept refreshing the screen and one second it was there, and a few seconds later it was sold out again. I already have my CC info saved under my profile and was able to check out with one. Just got the order confirmation email from the mint. Now lets see if it ships.

Thanks for the heads up on the 7:30am time

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

THANK YOU very much for the heads up on the 7:30am time!

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question for those who've been able to successfully purchase more than one coin using "multiple accounts with the same (or a different CC) and a different shipping address:

Is each account set up in your name - or another name?

Is the address for the account - not the shipping address, but the address for the account - the same on all accounts?

Is the name on the CC - if using different CCs - the same on each CC?

Thanks!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@SeatedToners said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

Please let us know if it ships.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

7:31am - "We've received your US Mint Order" Email received
    7:54am - "Your US Mint order has been confirmed!" Email received

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

@Raufus said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

Someone else's order was cancelled 5 or so hours later. Hoping yours is not, but please let us know.

• Options

The person reporting the cancellation even had their CC hit.

Their story is copied on the top post on this page (assuming that's the same for everyone).

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 6:08AM

I have had an order in since Sept 8. I was in such a rush to check out that the billing address was wrong in the final check out, though it is correct on my online account.

I called them to let them know and they put a note on the account. It has been stuck in limbo since. They said they would probably call when it gets to their credit department. Once the order is confirmed the reps can't change the information.

Called twice to get it moving, but they say they have been too busy to get the order shipped. Probably never see the coin. It is a legit order.

It would be interesting to know if the 14K they sold initially have been shipped. Maybe they are behind going through each of those orders.

• Options

{Here's the first TRUE VIEW photo, a 69.}

I see even the pro's weren't able to eliminate the crescent at the base of the coin. My image is the exact opposite, the fields are mostly black with white crescents at the base.

• Options

That True View 69 looks like it should be broken out and tried again.

• Options

@TwistedArrow1962 said:
    That True View 69 looks like it should be broken out and tried again.

I do see what appears to be a nick between the rim and the base of the neck.
    The rims look great, at least from here.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Question for those who've been able to successfully purchase more than one coin using "multiple accounts with the same (or a different CC) and a different shipping address:

Is the address for the account - not the shipping address, but the address for the account - the same on all accounts?

Thanks!

Same name. Different email. Different shipping address.

Scroll up. It's been discussed twice

• Options

@Raufus said:

@SeatedToners said:

@Raufus said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

Someone else's order was cancelled 5 or so hours later. Hoping yours is not, but please let us know.

I'd be angry if I got canceled yesterday just so they sold a couple more today

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 6:32AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@pf70collector said:

Not the latest ones. Most cancellations are due to billing problems. Those are what make them available again, as you say. But the latest cancellations were due to absence of inventory which means they accidentally oversold them. Those will not become available again and suggest that they don't appear to have any left, at least at the moment.

Maybe their inventory changes back and forth with the cancellations due to billing. When it reaches 0 they cancel the legit orders they are checking on at that moment. But when they cancel more orders with billing problems the inventory becomes available again.

Their inventory seems to fluctuate daily. Maybe when they see they have inventory the minute they are checking your order you will get lucky and they ship the coin out. Hard to figure them out.

• Options

@pf70collector said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pf70collector said:

Maybe their inventory changes back and forth with the cancellations due to billing. When it reaches 0 they cancel the legit orders they are checking on at that moment. But when they cancel more orders with billing problems the inventory becomes available again. Their inventory seems to fluctuate daily. Hard to figure them out.

Maybe, but that is not how a normal business runs. They shouldn't cancel the orders until sell out. They should put them in back order. It's a fairness issue

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 6:56AM

I think they are really busy with these palladiums. Not an easy issue for them to mark sold out because they still have a lot of orders to go through individually. Definitely strange not to be sold out yet. Seems their backorder status is out the window for this issue because its another step they have to go through to notify the customer.

They could be bottlenecked in their credit department because that is where the orders are finalized. They may have plenty of reps. But maybe not so many employees in their credit department.

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I think they are really busy with these palladiums. Not an easy issue for them to mark sold out because they still have a lot of orders to go through individually. Definitely strange not to be sold out yet. Seems their backorder status is out the window for this issue because its another step they have to go through to notify the customer.

They could be bottlenecked in their credit department because that is where the orders are finalized. They may have plenty of reps. But maybe not so many employees in their credit department.

It's very common notto be marked sold out until weeks after ther final one is sold

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

@jwitten said:

@SeatedToners said:

At what time?

When they open I am guessing 8 am eastern time since they are in DC. It might be worth it to check in the AM.> @SeatedToners said:

Wow! they really did become available for a few seconds this morning! I kept refreshing the screen and one second it was there, and a few seconds later it was sold out again. I already have my CC info saved under my profile and was able to check out with one. Just got the order confirmation email from the mint. Now lets see if it ships.

Thanks for the heads up on the 7:30am time

I knew you could!
    I knew you could!
    I knew you could!
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 11:32AM

Wow Collectorz_inc had to sell a NGC 70 for $2199.99. I bet he is crying on that sale he should of brought it here to BST and would not have to pay the $210.00 vig! Especially if he bought it @ 2000.00 from someone. I am sure he lowballed someone and got it for $1495.00 making a few bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-W-PALLADIUM-EAGLE-PD-25-NGC-PF70-ULTRA-CAMEO-FIRST-RELEASES-/163228147373?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 12:50PM

@Gluggo said:
    Wow Collectorz_inc had to sell a NGC 70 for $2199.99. I bet he is crying on that sale he should of brought it here to BST and would not have to pay the $210.00 vig! Especially if he bought it @ 2000.00 from someone. I am sure he lowballed someone and got it for $1495.00 making a few bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-W-PALLADIUM-EAGLE-PD-25-NGC-PF70-ULTRA-CAMEO-FIRST-RELEASES-/163228147373?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

I have no idea who that seller is. I can say that the last time I bought a then hot issue prior to the market rapidly increasing the seller simply cancelled the sale, relisted and sold to a higher bidder.

He got a well deserved negative feedback from me. However, ebay does their utmost to make cancelled sale listings hard to find to leave feedback.

Ebay just makes so much bad behavior possible that's it's incredible that they are as big as they are.

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 1:12PM

@Gluggo said:

Yes, He was preselling 5 total. Could have been a volatile market and he was playing it safe, so far that hasn't been the case. Nothing wrong with that. I am sure he made some money. FYI, I don't know the seller.

I wonder if the $2200 for raws will have legs 3 months from now.

The question is how many collectors there will be of this series. This will not be a unique one-off coin. That fact could either help it or maybe hurt it.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

Apparently one person uses the same credit card on several accounts but with different shipping addresses, so the billing address doesn't match the several shipping addresses.

I thought the mint didn't like it when the billing and shipping addresses are different unless they send you a verification letter to confirm the different address.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

As the mint does their cross referencing, they will find the same credit card being used across several accounts and cancel the orders
    If they didn’t already, it was overlooked, it won’t last long

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

All aspects of your account have to be unique. Card, addresses, etc.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monster Coin Mart's piece is over $3k with a day to go: ebay.com/

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

Apparently one person uses the same credit card on several accounts but with different shipping addresses, so the billing address doesn't match the several shipping addresses.

I thought the mint didn't like it when the billing and shipping addresses are different unless they send you a verification letter to confirm the different address.

Well you can [or could] have them drop ship the coin/s to someone other than you so I don't think that they care if the billing and shipping addresses match.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monster Coin Mart's piece is over $3k with a day to go: ebay.com/

Also interesting, (86) watchers in first two days. Many people want to see how that closes!

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@7over8 said:
    As the mint does their cross referencing, they will find the same credit card being used across several accounts and cancel the orders
    If they didn’t already, it was overlooked, it won’t last long

This is not true. Please read what has already been posted.

I have two in the mail to two different addresses with accounts with two different email addresses that were actually charged to the same credit card.

• Options

@7over8 said:
    All aspects of your account have to be unique. Card, addresses, etc.

Still not true. :wink:

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday 9/16 7:30 It's available again! Hurry!!!!

• Options
    edited September 16, 2018 4:33AM

It was available for just over one minute today. My sister was able to get one w/o even having one in her cart from a prior day. She set up her account yesterday :-)

I wonder how much longer this will continue.

Of course, she'll feel more secure by the end of today if it's not cancelled as we've seen has happened.

• Options

Whatever was available is now gone.

• Options

Anybody here succeed in getting one? I hope the collectors that were shut out or cancelled were paying attention.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file