Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin! How do we know for sure it is Palladium :D

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:
    Great coin! How do we know for sure it is Palladium :D

drill a hole into it and test the center....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2018 10:57AM

I always thought the billing addresses had to be different. The name on the card could be the same. They are going through these orders diligently I am sure.

• Options
    edited September 11, 2018 11:05AM

@bestday said:

@pf70collector said:
    As long as the remind me button stays there through today then they could still be available tomorrow again.

They held back 218 coins also probably for returns when they sold 14782. My guess is the they could offer them til the beginning of next week a few at a time after the 7 day return window closes, but who knows.

what happened to the 30 day return

Its a 7 day return now. Been that way for several years now. That's why I think 7 days from Sept 10 these will be marked sold out. Who would return these?

Another theory is they could be selling the stash return supply now and could be marked sold out sooner and just offer credit back. I wonder if Wednesday's mint sales stats will tell us something.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigbuck1975 said:
    Still not shipped on my original order, anybody else have their order not shipped yet?

one did. one didn't.

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I always thought the billing addresses had to be different. The name on the card could be the same. They are going through these orders diligently I am sure.

That's definitely not true. My billing address is always the same and I routinely ship to two different addresses (home and work).

I would also point out that I accidentally put my work address in for my billing address by accident and the order went through fine.

• Options

@Bigbuck1975 said:
    Still not shipped on my original order, anybody else have their order not shipped yet?

Same issue.

• Options

My 2nd one, which I ordered on Saturday, still is processing, although they did call today to verify the billing address. The third one I order just this morning using the same billing address and credit card is marked shipped with a UPS tracking number.....weird.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

So they go by shipping addresses?

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderbar! Beautiful coin, sure to please; mine shipped today!

This new product will knock the socks off of customers, they will be like teenagers at a Hannah Montana concert! At the end of the day everyone will be a winner!

Oh, and I forgot to mention the new product is a real game changer!

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few folks have had the orders canceled by the mint. They are probable shipping the last few today.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2018 11:58AM

I would call the mint, you may have a cc verification hold, If you havent bought a high dollar coin from them in the past.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2018 12:41PM

Sales are posted. Just 204 short of full sell out through Sunday

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Kathy and Bullsitter! I love your images of a creamy coin, Kathy. And stunning detail, Bull.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrived ahead of Olivia :) It was very tricky to capture the mirror field without picking up any other object on the reflection.

• Options

*My pink colored sundress reflected of the light

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    I got one and I was hoping to get two.
    I anticipated it going very quickly which it did. It will be interesting to see how many people hold their commitment to sell to the dealers at the predetermined price.
    Numraler was correct in his analysis.

Thanks

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    “I also see actual SALES of coins on eBay at $2000, not $2400.”

Even slightly less! And those sales are netting the sellers roughly $1,750 - $1,800 after all fees.

It is what it is. And, for those few “cheats” who do not honor their deals, I feel sorry for them even more than angry at them most of the time.

Wondercoin.

bump

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is still two days out. Shipped, due late Thursday.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Wow, it's still available after 7 minutes.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 4:56AM

Wednesday morning and Palladium Proof currently available.

Times up: Looks like it went live for 19 minutes.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

not anymore

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked at 730 and didn’t see it live. I wasn’t logged in though. Maybe that was the glitch. My original order still hasn’t shipped which is strange.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 5:23AM

I am not sure what happened. Seems like new changes were made in their computer system rejecting perceived multiple orders, or they emptied out shopping carts from yesterday. Not sure as there should not have been that many available for that long based on 14,796 reported sales 2 days ago and more were sold the past two days as well.

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

My son's buddy got one today. They were up for a while.

• Options

I was able to get a second coin this morning. My laptop crashed at 6:28 CST, so I logged in with my phone at 6:30 and the link was live. checked out within 30 seconds.

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Its a 7 day return now. Been that way for several years now. That's why I think 7 days from Sept 10 these will be marked sold out. Who would return these?

I recently returned for replacement a coin and it was after 7 days. I called in and they provided me everything and let me return it. Probably one of those rules they can enforce if they choose but won't if you don't abuse it.

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 6:20AM

That's a long window to sell only 200 coins. I am sure a lot of people now of the 7 30 window.

I talked to rep yesterday to check on an order and he stated they are definitely going through the orders diligently to weed out the possible duplicates. Still haven't got my order shipped I placed on Sept 7 at 7 30 am.

I got the email that the product was available, but it arrived an hour later when they went on sale.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like the last 204 sold this morning that was fast.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

For this coin, has anyone had a "your order has been confirmed" actually cancelled? I see above shipping delays.

Or do they weed out assumed duplicate orders or cc glitches when they get the "We have received your Mint order"?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today was a pretty long opening. I have been able to get several more confirmed orders.... but only one coin has shipped so far. Here's hoping some of the others still go through.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 8:00AM

I heard the Mint is also monitoring Ebay to see if there are duplicate sellers violating their 1 per household purchases. Not sure how they are going to pursue them though. :/:o

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    I heard the Mint is also monitoring Ebay to see if there are duplicate sellers violating their 1 per household purchases. Not sure how they are going to pursue them though. :/:o

not sure how that helps....they can't control who resells to an ebay seller....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@Kkathyl said:
    looks like the last 204 sold this morning that

There were not 204 available this morning. That is at best a misinterpretation of the SUNDAY sales number

• Options

@Gluggo said:

This had to be an urban legend. If I bought100 on the secondary market, I could be selling 101 coins

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 8:35AM

JW, I remember the MSPL from 2017 and they looked very good. Been waiting on these proofs since then and they didn't disappoint> @Gluggo said:

Good luck with that.... B) ....no way they can do that.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got an email at 6 am PCT that this coin was availalbe. By the time I went to the website they were no longer available.. Its like being lead around with a carrot on a string..

• Options
    edited September 12, 2018 9:31AM

They finalize their orders through their credit department, not their sales department. So if you have a hold on your order they want you to call them and clear something up.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

They have a lot of resources, nailed Bill Dominick: https://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2017/10/coin_dealer_who_stole_peoples_identities_evaded_ta.html

I wouldn't want to be a hog and will be happy to get my one issue. It's not worth living in fear waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Options

Do you think they might've monitor our conversation too? CoinWorld does and everybody else :s:#

• Options

Define "household". If I buy 10 coins for my 10 children and send them to 10 different addresses, is that one household or ten?

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 10:31AM

AFAIK, ONE Person can send one coin to any name ("Fido" his dog, "Grant" his the Iguana, "Freddy" Fido's flee, and "Tom" his turtle to any different address. To guarantee not being caught, it would be best to use different credit cards. I'm sure there are many folks who believe they are "scamming" the process. For example, a man and his wife (one household) use a home and business address to get two coins.

Life is not fair.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

700 (+1)

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to offer this info re shipping on subsequent secondary orders: My order from Saturday morning just shipped this morning...so there was a bit of a shipping delay. So you might want to call their customer service folks if you don't get a shipping notice soon.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Do you think they might've monitor our conversation too? CoinWorld does and everybody else :s:#

I'm watching you. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file