Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I just received an email that my UPS ground shipment has shipped from the US Mint. That is pretty quick for the cheap shipping option. I think

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddball stuff, yes...but at $1,300+ definitely not CHEAP oddball stuff!

:wink:

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine shipped today w/no upgraded shipping selected.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well interesting. My order number was within 100 of the lowest order number posted here, no upgraded shipping, used Paypal for payment, and it is confirmed but still PROCESSING, hasn't shipped yet.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is 6 miles away but won't deliver until Monday.... :'(

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ProofCollection said:
    Well interesting. My order number was within 100 of the lowest order number posted here, no upgraded shipping, used Paypal for payment, and it is confirmed but still PROCESSING, hasn't shipped yet.

Same here, used PayPal with later order number

• Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the Mint (fulfillment center) will ship on Saturday or only M-F?

• Options

@oilers99 said:
    Does anyone know if the Mint (fulfillment center) will ship on Saturday or only M-F?

I always understood it was M-F

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options

Just looked up my UPS tracking and it states Tuesday delivery.

• Options

Tuesday delivery for me as well. Standard shipping.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Oddball stuff, yes...but at $1,300+ definitely not CHEAP oddball stuff!

But $5000 worth of proof sets. They will ship ground.

• Options

@CoinCrazyPA said:
    Just looked up my UPS tracking and it states Tuesday delivery.

Sure, but no guarantee on ground. My last shipment from them arrived 4 days after the estimate. And, oddly, the estimate didn't change untilthe day they were supposed to be delivered.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Mine is 6 miles away but won't deliver until Monday.... :'(

Weekends don't count

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    :How is it possible so many by one dealer got graded when the Mint released them today?:

I wonder the same thing must have a serious connection. How is it one seller has 20 available?

my dealer friend got 14

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Random question re shipping...mine hasn't shipped yet, but seems pegged for UPS Ground which is usually snail mail. I thought higher priced bullion items usually were upgraded to faster options.

Did that policy change or am I imagining that was the case in the past?

Mine is UPS Ground also and shows scheduled for delivery Monday. I am about 500 miles from Memphis.

Special Instructions: Adult Signature Required
    Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 09/10/2018 , By End of Day
    Earth City, MO, United States 09/07/2018 2:43 P.M. Departure Scan

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine shipped. I am in no hurry. I’m going to keep it. You guys’ photos will be enough to keep me happy. May be a 70.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

@WALLE said:
    The United States Mint is in the process of producing additional 2018 American Silver Eagle bullion coins. They will make these coins available for sale shortly.

As for the 2018 American Palladium Eagle one-ounce Proof coins, coins may be made available later, and so potential buyers are advised to click the “Remind Me” button on the product’s page on the Mint’s website. For more information_,** please visit the website of the United States Mint.

Do you think they will make more??

They usually mint more than the limit to allow for returns or exchanges.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 9:36PM

APMEX started selling their HOT NGC coin @ $3295.00. Too bad its probably a 69 under PCGS grading standards.

https://www.apmex.com/product/152863/2018-w-1-oz-proof-palladium-american-eagle-pf-70-ngc-er

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    APMEX started selling their HOT NGC coin @ $3295.00. Too bad its probably a 69 under PCGS grading standards.

https://www.apmex.com/product/152863/2018-w-1-oz-proof-palladium-american-eagle-pf-70-ngc-er

Looks like on ebay…. raw for $2,400... 69s $2600 ngc 70s $2,900 ...my dealer friend got a laugh when I told some forum members sold their coins for $100 over Mint Price ….. because they didn't want to break agreed price with dealers..... He said he wished some of his dealers were that honest
    :p:p:p

• Options

@bestday said:

@Gluggo said:

Looks like on ebay…. raw for $2,400... 69s $2600 ngc 70s $2,900 ...my dealer friend got a laugh when I told some forum members sold their coins for $100 over Mint Price ….. because they didn't want to break agreed price with dealers..... He said he wished some of his dealers were that honest
    :p:p:p

I haven't seen anyone selling their coins at $100 over issue on this Board. And God forbid people actually keep their word.

I also see actual SALES of coins on eBay at $2000, not $2400.

https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2018+palladium+proof&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I also see actual SALES of coins on eBay at $2000, not $2400.”

Even slightly less! And those sales are netting the sellers roughly $1,750 - $1,800 after all fees.

It is what it is. And, for those few “cheats” who do not honor their deals, I feel sorry for them even more than angry at them most of the time.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

just picked up another one this morning! Go get them while they are available.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 4:37AM

@dmwest said:

Gone. They did hang around longer than I would have thought, however

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@dmwest said:

Gone. They did hang around longer than I would have thought, however

I agree, they lasted about 5 mins. I thought after I posted they would have been gone.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

Even slightly less! And those sales are netting the sellers roughly $1,750 - $1,800 after all fees.

It is what it is. And, for those few “cheats” who do not honor their deals, I feel sorry for them even more than angry at them most of the time.

Wondercoin.

It never made any sense to me to go back on your word. I am totally happy with the offer Mitch gave me and I saw the prices jump up on the bst but who cares? I made enough to get another Washington Quarter For my registry set for FREE.

4 minutes of work and no hassle. Bust a Deal and Face the Wheel is what I say. Oh and Thanks Mitch....

Enjoy...Tom

[https://youtu.be/287x77DDols]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also snagged 1 this AM...and as a close double bonus, I also had 5 reverse proof sets in my cart until some dirty rat pulled them out from under me!!!

Earliest I've been up in a year!

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

I was also able to finally snag one this morning!

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin.

I agree. No point in getting angry. I feel that deals SHOULD be honored. It's an ethical issue. But it's also a practical issue. If you are "in the business" as either a buyer or seller or both, you must be reliable and trusted or people simply won't do business with you. This is more important than ever in the internet era.

I had pre-sold my two to someone on these boards. I had agreed to a price less than the $300 premium they currently carry on the secondary market. That individual (I'll say his name if he wants) contacted me and offered to increase the price he was paying because they had gone up. I told him that a deal was a deal and I was not concerned about it. He told me that he would throw me a bonus or something. I believe that both of us have created a sense of trust that allows us to do even more business in the future. That relationship has real value.

I will also say that Wondercoin has shown me to be someone who can be trusted. I presume that Monster Coin Mart is also trustworthy - otherwise Mitch will bend his ear. LOL. So I hope that we will do a lot of business in the future. It is very hard to put a price on relationships like that, but they are certainly worth me than a one-off $100 price difference on a palladium eagle.

I completely agree. On a previous release I had a deal with Mitch(wondercoin) and while the price of the item fell like a rock because the coins didn’t sell out he honored our deal. He is a stand up buyer.
    I have every intention of honoring my deal with him.

• Options

Just curious...
    Are any of your keeping yours? I know that Miles is. I plan to keep mine sealed much though I'd like to see it. I'm tempted to have it > @RichR said:

I also snagged 1 this AM...and as a close double bonus, I also had 5 reverse proof sets in my cart until some dirty rat pulled them out from under me!!!

Earliest I've been up in a year!

Didn't even think about the RP sets.

Have they been showing up some mornings? Didn't even think to check?

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

From the Mint? Good for you if so.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw an actual coin yesterday at the Long Beach show – it was from someone who bought the quantity at the Philadelphia MintTheir sales also took place at the Denver Mint, I believe.

The point I saw I had two small spots on the obv,And a small planchet flawOn the reverse. Nice looking. But I wonder if I the others what I say. Yester on the reverse. Nice lookingcoin But I wonder if I the others will have the same Problems

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options

It would be very interesting to know the high and low order numbers from those to were able to buy this morning to have an idea of how many sold.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I got all the way to end...Hit submit order and it hung on me. I did all this withing 30 seconds of the coin going live... So I missed out on this one. It was not meant to be this time I guess..

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thebigeng... just be up at 4:30 a.m. Pacific Time and order a coin when the Mint puts them on sale every day. Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting 9/7 article in CoinWorld said 14,982 were sold ..........
    I don't know how to cut & paste it here

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@dpoole said:
    "Are there 15,000 Palladium coin collectors? My guess is: NO."

This is the point.

I'm actually planning on collecting the Palladium coins starting in about 5 years when they are selling for $50 above bullion value.

That dog will hunt! Waiting was good strategy on the platinum issues as well/

• Options

@Paradisefound said:

It shows that in 2017 coin grading 2 coins graded PCGS 66 is that hitting the jack pot? Dang bad luck!

• Options

What if prices drop to near issue price, say $100 over, think buyers who got in at $2k will want to get out of it?

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 1:04PM

@morgansforever said:
    What if prices drop to near issue price, say $100 over, think buyers who got in at $2k will want to get out of it?

"Collectors", however many there actually are, will not. Flippers/speculators will. What remains unknown is how many people are in each camp.

But, this question may be backwards. If flippers/speculators want to get out, will the price drop to $100 over spot?

The price will only drop, even down to bullion value or below, if there are more sellers than buyers.

• Options

Doesn't the new Ebay rule allow for up to 30 days to request a refund?

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 1:08PM

@morgansforever said:
    Doesn't the new Ebay rule allow for up to 30 days to request a refund?

SNAD allows 90 to 180 days for a charge back. It's not an eBay rule, per se, but an enticement to offer it.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

• Options

Looks like the excitement has died down at least until the coins start arriving!

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    Looks like the excitement has died down at least until the coins start arriving!

I think it's probably died down pretty much permanently. LOL.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

I think it's probably died down pretty much permanently. LOL.

Hush, I have another one to sell. Combined with that mega silver reverse set. It can’t die down yet.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 7:59PM

I think there is flipper overload going on. I also think it will stablelize once they get into stronger hands and then move up again.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2018 7:53PM

@Paradisefound said:
    :)

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2018/09/palladium-proof-american-eagle-sells-out-in-minutes.all.html#.W5SKvfalcvo.email

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2018 8:43PM

:) Coin World quoted one of our fellow member's comment in their 9/7 article ;)

@Onastone said:
    I believe it was UNAVAILABLE at the 4.5 minute mark. That's 270 seconds. The mint was selling them at about fifty five coins per second. The site was definitely being choked and despite long pauses and frozen screens, the sales chugged along processing the first 15000. I was logged in at noon, dropped the coin into my cart, went through the payment pages, and had the purchase in around 90 seconds. There wasn't much time for any mistakes or refreshing key strokes.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2018/09/palladium-proof-american-eagle-sells-out-in-minutes.all.html#.W5SKvfalcvo.email

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file