Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options

It’s been a while, that was exciting! Got one. This coin looks incredible. USM06016xxx

"When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car."
    --- Jack Handy

Positive BST transactions with members - Tander123, Twincam, UtahCoin, ianrussell
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

They ping your card with a $1 charge to test that it is a good card. Later as the computers grind they will hit you for the full amount.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShinyThingsInPM said:
    Intersting. Got an order USM060196XX in at 12:02 but still no email confirm and CC did not get charged. Last time I bought my CC was charged right away. Did anybody's CC got charged already for early orders?

I didn't get a confirmation email yet either though I did get an order confirmation (06019xxx). I'm not worried at all. Once you get the confirmation page with the confirmation number after placing your order you're good to go.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one while standing in line to check my luggage. 60286xx.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

If you didn't get one, I'm giving away a free Palladium Eagle over on BST.......with a small purchase :)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got confirmation email.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Credit card hit and order confirmed USM060179xx. :)

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 9:51AM

Looks like a clear profit of $250 if you sell at $1800. with ebay 6% paypal 2.9% if you have a store. Minus your shipping, insurance method. Trending $1800-$1900.

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one...but,
    During checkout after confirming the checkmark on USMint agreement and placing order button, hang for a few seconds then went back to blank cc information again (even thought I had CC saved in my account) and type all cc info again but this time the check mark area/USMint agreement is gone and computer is hang and I can't do anything. I clicked tab on my email and it showed email from USMint w/ order number. Switched back to USMint and refreshed and show "unavailable", all this under 4 minutes.

• Options

CC charged but still no conf email.

For those with confirmed order and not conf email yet wouldn't worry a bit.

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Is the order acknowledgement email the same as the confirmation email or different?

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

US Mint Order confirmed email received.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Order confirmation email received at 12:26 pm

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Also they hit my card for the full amount.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am switching at 7am HI time :p

• Options

Received confirmation email at 12:49.

No idea y they seem to go out out of order. Differences in payment processing?

• Options

@CoinPhysicist said:
    Is the order acknowledgement email the same as the confirmation email or different?

You will get a second email if processing goes through OK. The initial email just confirms you made an order. The next one is verification everything went OK

• Options

Got confirmation email and CC charged. Hurray, quick way to spend $1400 ;-)

• Options

Ah....just got the second email. Order confirmed.

• Options

I am sorry you lost in the jam ..... mine was suspended for the longest sec upon hitting 'complete' but I just freeze didn't dare to leave :/

@Knell said:
    Got one...but,
    During checkout after confirming the checkmark on USMint agreement and placing order button, hang for a few seconds then went back to blank cc information again (even thought I had CC saved in my account) and type all cc info again but this time the check mark area/USMint agreement is gone and computer is hang and I can't do anything. I clicked tab on my email and it showed email from USMint w/ order number. Switched back to USMint and refreshed and show "unavailable", all this under 4 minutes.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone actually manage to get 2 (or more?) using different accounts, with different card accounts and different shipping addresses?

That did not work for me for the first time.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Did anyone actually manage to get 2 (or more?) using different accounts, with different card accounts and different shipping addresses?

I tried the same thing but it went unavailable before my transaction completed.....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

I thought about it but chicken out ... afraid of risking my only chance >:)

@RichR said:

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound

Thanks for the concern but I got one USM06030xxx, just trying to explain my experienced with the USMint site. I have 2 account with USMint, 1st one logged in my desktop PC, 2nd account logged in my cellphone plus I called my cc last week to make sure that it was not rejected. They made a note in my cc account and told me that I don't have to call in the future.
    Thanks.

• Options

While there were clearly some technical glitches w/the site, I'm sure that some if not many of the glitches resulted in the product selling out between the time that it was added to the cart and available and some point during the check out process when it sold out. Such a customer would get an error message despite thinking that they were OK when they added it to their cart.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Yes

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bing bam!

USM060227xx & shipped already!

USM060152xx

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

The glitches were nothing compared to how it was at the end of Pitney Bowse doing the fulfillment. That horrible.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

order ackn email received 12:16 06024xxx another 06032xxx

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmwest don't worry many of the earliest orders did that but they do take first come first serve so if they oversold they will cancel the later ones.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 2. Can't wait till they are gone

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need a play by play to make my day. ( just kidding.... I'm just adding to my post count and practicing qwerty )
    I wonder if anyone types with all their fingers , anymore. Most people I see typing nowadays, are using two thumbs

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

I haven't been able to find one picture of what this coin looks like with the proof finish. Anyone have a good picture?

• Options

You quick with you approach! I am amazed.....congrats with your 2's :)

@Kkathyl said:

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one and I was hoping to get two.
    I anticipated it going very quickly which it did. It will be interesting to see how many people hold their commitment to sell to the dealers at the predetermined price.
    Numraler was correct in his analysis.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 10:55AM

Are they selling again or did they really sell out?

• Options

It's been a few years since my last mad dash at the mint. I will have to say, they have greatly improved their website. I was in and out in under 1 minute. It certainly started lagging once zero hour hit, but still it was quite acceptable.

"When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car."
    --- Jack Handy

Positive BST transactions with members - Tander123, Twincam, UtahCoin, ianrussell
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the pre-sales on the 70s going out from PCGS?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Yes, Yes and Yes

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Does the Mint accept Debit Cards as a means of transacting purchases such as with this coin?

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, my paypal account says I have a pending transaction with the mint, even though none of my mint accounts show a completed purchase. Hmm. Fingers crossed...

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:

That 06032xxx was likely one of the very last ones

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@jwitten said:
    So, my paypal account says I have a pending transaction with the mint, even though none of my mint accounts show a completed purchase. Hmm. Fingers crossed...

Did you get a confirmation email?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@jwitten said:

No. I highly doubt I get one, I'm not sure why paypal is showing a pending charge. I never got to the "confirmed" screen on the mint site. It would always crash before then.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@jwitten said:

No. I highly doubt I get one, I'm not sure why paypal is showing a pending charge. I never got to the "confirmed" screen on the mint site. It would always crash before then.

I just got my confirmation minutes ago. I assume you got an order number so I would think with a pending charge that would mean something.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 11:35AM

eBay sales show pre-sale PCGS PR70 First Strike sold for $3.995.

Other recent sales...$1,950, $1,975, $2,150. Just posting for the record.

(I'd prefer a 64+ $5 Indian!)

He who knows he has enough is rich.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file