Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enitcement.> @1northcoin said:

Almost Friday.

Edited to add:

Updates from this week for the "neighbor's" ongoing winter house construction project:

And from today, this morning:

Posted for this Friday -----

Now, a week later framing extends to the main level and begins to reach to a second story:

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll check later to see how much they get , I just plugged in my snow melting mat.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every buddy is robbing you in L.A.

Hoard the keys.
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I love those! Check my 1950 series example:

Awesome!
    Your's has the non, "In God We Trust".
    Vintage. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@Twobitcollector said:
    Dashing thru the snow

From this week?
    Anyone here in the Northeast weathered in today? Forecast was for 2 to 20 inches !

• MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hunkered down in Maine today as most everything is closed with the Blizzard Warnings up - right now we have heavy snow and 50 mph gusts. Not too bad though as we've only had 5" so far but if we get a couple feet it will be a bit of work clearing out...already shoveled once. Clear it out every 6" or so is how I do it.

Jim

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 5:02PM

@metalmeister said:

@Type2 said:

@hammer1 said:
    28 years ago, on this date.

That was the Sylmar earthquake 6.5/6.6 I was 6 years old I remember driving around looking at all the damage with my parents or was that the northridge one?

Correct. 1971. 6.6 EQ I was 13 and woke up to severe shaking in Fullerton CA. Lasted about a minute. One of the reasons I became a Civil Engineer. :)

Very cool that inspired your later career. :-)

I was 14 at the time and down there as well, in the South Bay Area.
    It woke me up and I recall bouncing of the walls while running down our homes hallway while the trees swayed- absent any wind and water splashed out of the pool. It was an eerily surreal quake.
    Crazy memories!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

edited January 30, 2022 12:18AM

Duplicate

@1northcoin said:

@Twobitcollector said:
    Dashing thru the snow

From this week?
    Anyone here in the Northeast weathered in today? Forecast was for 2 to 20 inches !

That was from 1/28/2022 @9:44 AM at Paradise, PA.

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Strasburg Railroad #475 back fro the wine & cheese train 1/29/2022

• 59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

Damn it! Now I gotta change my password.

• My catalytic converter, after a night at the Springhill Suites in Milford CT last week.

@thisnamztaken said:
    Genuine; Scratched, AG03 Details

Very cool!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

A PSA for my friends that read this thread:

“ Be VERY CAREFUL with emails asking to update information, I just got an email from “Citi” asking me to add a mobile phone number, the email looked real but I didn’t trust it entirely, so I deleted the email, and opened the app to add the mobile number in there that way…

Sure enough they already had it. If it’s a spoof email, it looked REALLY legit.

Don’t EVER click links in emails is my advice”

• BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    Strasburg Railroad #475 back fro the wine & cheese train 1/29/2022

Cool

@1northcoin said:

Almost Friday.

Edited to add:

Updates from this week for the "neighbor's" ongoing winter house construction project:

Now, a week later framing extends to the main level and begins to reach to a second story:

Latest updates from this week - the cold appears to have slowed the progress:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

Almost Friday.

Edited to add:

Latest updates from this week - the cold appears to have slowed the progress:

An added photo offering a close-up perspective.

In the forefront one can see the outline of the foundation for the garage. Below the wood floor is a basement/crawlspace. It will be interesting to see how the flooring will be reinforced sufficiently to bear the weight of the vehicles.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking good how exciting very cool.

Hoard the keys.
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cent of a woman.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    The Berkshire hills of Massachusetts

I was on this side of the border in CT where they called it the gateway to the Berkshires.
    Moved to SC and the cold followed with two inches of snow on my patio last week :s

• rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file