Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

No "Orchids of Asia" for you!

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we know where Santa gets his socks.

• Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found Santa! He/she/they are on the roof waiting to come down the chimney.

• Options

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    The Boston Christmas Tree is the City of Boston, Massachusetts' official Christmas tree. A tree has been lit each year since 1941, and since 1971 it has been given to the people of Boston by the people of Nova Scotia in thanks for their assistance after the 1917 Halifax Explosion. The tree is lit in the Boston Common throughout the Christmas season.

>

Is this a permanent in ground tree or is a new one shipped in each year?

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally scored a Henkel Harris mirror at an estate sale this weekend for $5. Didn’t know it till I got home and looked it up.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:
    Totally scored a Henkel Harris mirror at an estate sale this weekend for $5. Didn’t know it till I got home and looked it up.

If you're gonna take a picture of yourself in the mirror at least put some pants on - :D:D:D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Henkel Harris makes some fine furniture... Nice pick up!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've all see trees toppled by the wind.

In SoCal today the winds toppled one of my Bonsai Trees ....

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@1630Boston said:
    The Boston Christmas Tree is the City of Boston, Massachusetts' official Christmas tree. A tree has been lit each year since 1941, and since 1971 it has been given to the people of Boston by the people of Nova Scotia in thanks for their assistance after the 1917 Halifax Explosion. The tree is lit in the Boston Common throughout the Christmas season.

>

Is this a permanent in ground tree or is a new one shipped in each year?

shipped in each year :)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t have luck with a picture but the wind was clocked between 80-100 mph up here at the resorts. In town total white out. With the snow falling and the wind, I recorded a foot of snow in under an hour! Taking grandson to bus stop was unreal 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Will this be the first Friday since this thread was started 206 pages ago that there will be no Friday photo postings?

• Options

@Dnice8 said:
    Here’s a pic I took when I hiked Mt. Kilimanjaro. This was the point on the mountain when we were finally above the clouds.

Thanks for keeping up the Friday photo posting tradition. Looks like many are busy with last week Christmas shopping and/or holiday events.

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:
    Pushing the envelope as a neighbor's project progresses:

The race to compete the excavation before the ground freezes and winter sets in:

Now this morning ready for laying of the concrete blocks and rebar to begin the foundation:

@1northcoin said:
    A day later, now tented.

Just in time!

For those who have been following the tented construction saga, here are updates from this morning:

Above pictured are the wood forms being removed after the concrete was poured for the basement walls. Amasingly the concrete was able to be poured during a week that saw sub zero temperatures. Looks like framing will be the next step in this now mid winter house construction.

The winter construction update - The Tent is lifted.

After a brief hiatus, here are ontinuing updates on the winter house construction saga:

The tent went back up:

But a strong wind came and blew the tent down:

And this week once again went back up:

With construction work resuming this [Friday] morning as cement trucks were seen headed to the construction site.

Updates from this past week. For whatever reason the tent was purposely removed and then it snowed. Have to assume the intent was to make room for the framers which should be the next step.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were a few guitars posted in the “new purchase” thread. Thought I would snap a pic of mine. I’ve been playing keys since 1986, but I’ve become moderately proficient on guitar these past few years.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

Have to assume the intent was to make room for the framers which should be the next step.

Can you imagine hitting your thumb with a hammer in that weather?

You would hear the framer cussing in downtown Anchorage.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Factory 6pack nice. Is that Mopar?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

A brief visit to the Grove Park Inn on Saturday:

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

tax day is round da corner

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Rex Trailer 2004

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

About time to watch this :

• Options

@hammer1 said:
    About time to watch this :

That would make a fun thread topic, What movie(s) do you rewatch ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file