Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

.It was all over in less than 5 minutes.

The Bald Eagle is certainly an impressive bird.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dolly Parton Releases Bald Eagle "Liberty" (AEF) - 2008
    https://youtu.be/e2xEDqZ4UiI

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice sunrise Mark. Looks like you had a wonderful ride.

Hoard the keys.
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:

Almost ran over a skunk, that would have been bad. I would fit right in at the coin show though,

@SoCalBigMark said:

@Type2 said:

Almost ran over a skunk, that would have been bad. I would fit right in at the coin show though,

Ya they wouldn’t know any different. They may ask if it was a new cologne.

Hoard the keys.
    edited February 8, 2022 12:10PM

Ooops

Hoard the keys.

@1630Boston said:
    The Hoosac Tunnel (also called Hoosic or Hoosick Tunnel) is a 4.75-mile (7.64 km) active railroad tunnel in western Massachusetts that passes through the Hoosac Range, an extension of Vermont's Green Mountains. It runs in a straight line from its east portal, along the Deerfield River in the town of Florida, to its west portal in the city of North Adams.

Hoosac Tunnel Ride Through - W to E - Infrared HD Footage - Best known Hoosac Footage, very rare!https://youtu.be/PFjZJet_9VQ

It is interesting to note that the Hoosac Tunnel is more than twice as long as Seattle's Highway 99 Tunnel which at 2 miles long is the longest vehicle tunnel in the contiguous United States. The longest vehicle tunnel in North America is the Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel that connects Portage to Whittier, Alaska. It is 2.7 miles long. The Alaska tunnel doubles as a Railroad Tunnel as well with cars alternating with trains

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

A pier near Oceanside , Ca. ~not me.

@1northcoin said:

@1630Boston said:
    The Hoosac Tunnel (also called Hoosic or Hoosick Tunnel) is a 4.75-mile (7.64 km) active railroad tunnel in western Massachusetts that passes through the Hoosac Range, an extension of Vermont's Green Mountains. It runs in a straight line from its east portal, along the Deerfield River in the town of Florida, to its west portal in the city of North Adams.

Hoosac Tunnel Ride Through - W to E - Infrared HD Footage - Best known Hoosac Footage, very rare!https://youtu.be/PFjZJet_9VQ

It is interesting to note that the Hoosac Tunnel is more than twice as long as Seattle's Highway 99 Tunnel which at 2 miles long is the longest vehicle tunnel in the contiguous United States. The longest vehicle tunnel in North America is the Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel that connects Portage to Whittier, Alaska. It is 2.7 miles long. The Alaska tunnel doubles as a Railroad Tunnel as well with cars alternating with trains

OK, here is the entrance to the longest vehicle tunnel in North America from the Whittier side. It's 2.7 miles length were originally constructed as part of the World War II effort to provide access to the northernmost ice free port of Whittier.

Note the train and vehicles jockeying for position to take their turns going through the tunnel.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the second picture Mt. Tom?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Nice additions.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2022 10:18PM

@WillieBoyd2 said:

@WillieBoyd2 said:

Yes.

And these pictures were taken yesterday. It hasn’t snowed in the Sierras in almost six weeks but 15 feet of snow in December helped.

Nice additions.> @1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

@1630Boston said:

OK, here is the entrance to the longest vehicle tunnel in North America from the Whittier side. It's 2.7 miles length were originally constructed as part of the World War II effort to provide access to the northernmost ice free port of Whittier.

Note the train and vehicles jockeying for position to take their turns going through the tunnel.

Does anyone know what the distance of the longest railroad tunnel is in the United States? The longest undersea railroad tunnel is the one that connects the Japanese Island of Honshu with Hokkaido.

edited February 11, 2022 8:39AM

@tipnring said:

Jacksonville Beach, Fla. Oct 14, 2016

Good luck splicing those wires back together :)
    At least it wasn't fiber optic

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2022 11:58AM

@hammer1 said:
    Air Force Major Major Kristin Wolfe stands in front of a F35 she will be flying in the pre-game flyover at Sunday’s Super Bowl

Even if you don't like football, you gotta love the jets flyover during the National anthem.

Interesting idea having a flyover at a stadium with a vinyl roof.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Good times- Woodstock

Saved to my Woodstock folder. Thanks for posting that. I'll scour that image for friends or even myself.
    When Newsday had a 50th anniversary issue I found two friends in the front page pic so who knows?

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:

@hammer1 said:
    Good times- Woodstock

Saved to my Woodstock folder. Thanks for posting that. I'll scour that image for friends or even myself.
    When Newsday had a 50th anniversary issue I found two friends in the front page pic so who knows?

• DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hold a registered trademark on specific type of numismatic medals struck by the US Mint that are linked to the POTUS. How can that be so?

Long story short, I need to stomp on the gas pedal to get my side hustle going at full speed...

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Shark Tank

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file