Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My dear dear friends,

It is with great sorrow I inform you that my beloved youngest son, Michael E. Thompson, was killed yesterday when the Chinook he was flying on crashed in western Iraq. Pleae keep my family in your prayers in this time of great, great loss for us. He was, and will always be my hero, my beloved son......Koryimageimageimageimage
AKA kokimoki
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
[L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Oh man, sorry for your loss!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm thankful for your son's service.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terribly sorry for your loss.

My deepest sympathies.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    I am so, so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    [edit] Yikes! I'm very sorry to hear that. What a nice picture; what an awful tragedy.

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God be with you and your family.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    sorry for the delay, i was finding picsimage..................................
    AKA kokimoki
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this, I remember just the other day your posting the picture of "your two youngest".

Your family will be in our thoughts. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>I am so sorry to hear this, I remember just the other day your posting the picture of "your two youngest". >>

I remember that as well. Very, very sorry to hear of your loss. You have my greatest sympathy.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.

Millertime
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Kory, I don't know what to say. What a terrible, terrible tragedy. My sincere condolences go out to you and your family. I'm very sorry for your loss. Damn.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options

<< <i>My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. >>

Same here. So sorry.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your son's sacrifice to our country.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say a prayer for your Family.
    I am sorry for you loss
    He was a HERO
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorrow abounds. May God bless your son, and be with you and your family. My deepest sympathy, Mike
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your son is a hero and will be remembered for his Service.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    So sorry, I know too many parents who have lost loved ones in this battle. My co-worker lost her son to a Chinook crash in Afghanistan. image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry for your loss..............
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Kory,

My thoughts, heart and prayers are with you and all your family.

There is much I would like to say but can't seem to find the words.

Your son will forever be our Hero. Forever young!

May he rest in God's Eternal Peace.

Your friend,

Boom image
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I don't know you but this is a day when you must cry for your son and also celebrate his unselfish commitment to his country in the face of danger. He's your hero and ours too.

I'd take one soldier over 100 punk anarchists who think that this country owes them the right to do nothing and protest about it.

Your son had courage, integrity and died as a man.

I am very sorry for your loss. Be proud.

Jay Brahin
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

As the father of a son about the same age as yours,
    I tried to imagine what it would be like to lose him,
    and I can't.

My prayers are with you.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no adequate words at this time.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    as i sit here in tears, I thank every one of you for your encouraging words
    AKA kokimoki
  • Options
    Your son was a hero and his service is appreciated.
  • Options
    Dear God, that's horrible. No words I say can possibly ease your suffering. You and your family are in my prayers.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear this sad news...that's got to hurt very very deep the loss of a son
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    a horrible, horrible situation. please accept my most sincere & deepest sympathy

K S
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry man. Your son and your family will be in our prayers. Thank you for your sons service and your entire family's sacrifice in helping to defend the rest of us.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your son's loss. Pls. accept my prayers and condolences. image

Sincerely,

Joe
  • Options
    I don't even know what to say....

I'm so sorry for your loss image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory my friend ,I am lost for words at this time.IM so so sorry.

Al
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot express the right words so I will borrow this:

Executive Mansion,
    Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,--

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a career officer I had to write entirely too many of these letters. It isn't any easier now then it was then.

My sincere sympathies to you and your family. At the same time my deepest thanks to your son for his willingness to make the supreme sacrifice to our country. Be proud of your tears. He deserves them.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't the words to explain my feelings about your loss.

My sincerest condolences and I will certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Much to often it seems we live in a country (the US anyway) full of people who do not understand the freedoms they enjoy have been granted to them by the sacrifice of so many others such as your son. For those of us who do understand there are simply no words that can adequately state our feelings at a time like this. I am so sorry to hear about this; and your son, yourself and those whose lives he impacted will be in our prayers. God Bless.
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss if I could only put in to words how much we all appreciate your son for defending our country. May God bless you and your family in this time of sorrow and grief.
  • Options
    Please accept my deepest and most heartfelt condolences.
    From the father of a three tour Iraqi veteran.
    My family has your family in our prayers.
    God Bless you and your family.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    OMG....I don't know what to say.....your son paid the ultimate price for our freedom and although any parent would be proud.......I think we would all prefer to have our children still with us. This is truly a devastating time for you and your family and certainly all of our prayers go out to you all........life just doesn't seem fair at times. image
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sorry for the delay, i was finding picsimage.................................. >>

No need to apologize. Thank you and him for his service. We will hold your family in prayer

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our prayers are with you.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, gosh, I am so sorry to hear that. My deepest sympathies. Michael is a hero to all of us. image
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I just can't find the words to describe my sadness.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    I am so, so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

May God bless.
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Kory,
    My heart is saddened for you and your family, there are little word that can be said in this trying moment, please know that you do not suffer alone; for the same time you lost a son, I lost a brother. Forever he will hold a piece of my heart for he paid the ultimate price for what he believed in... freedom.

Ray
    Sergeant First Class
    United States Army

• Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    image So sorry to hear, your son will always be a hero for his sacrifice to our country!
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options

<< <i>Our prayers are with you. >>

Agreed. We're here for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file