Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Shucks, saw the movement on this thread and thought the Mint might have actually set a date..... >>

but, but they have...last week in April or first week in May...pick your choice. image my guess in price..35-40% above spot. >>

You mean December? image
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Now that the other option is just about cooked, are we ready for some action on this one or are the 2011's next in line?
  • Options
    My guess cost will be mid $300's per puck
  • Options

I still think they will be $249 per puck unless the price of silver jumps up over $40 before they come out.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will first sell the 2011s at a high price before selling the 2010s for an obscene price.
    After being numbed by the 2011 price we find the 2010s as not too obscene. Maybe each puck will come with a free bottle of lubeimage
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe they will first sell the 2011s at a high price before selling the 2010s for an obscene price.
    After being numbed by the 2011 price we find the 2010s as not too obscene. Maybe each puck will come with a free bottle of lubeimage >>

vaseline or vicks?
  • Options

<< <i>I still think they will be $249 per puck unless the price of silver jumps up over $40 before they come out. >>

Here's your guess in the contest image :

Thursday February 03, 2011 11:17 AM

$229.95
  • Options

Yes, i know, but the price of silver has gone up since that i believe. I am still not that far off.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, i know, but the price of silver has gone up since that i believe. I am still not that far off. >>

Wow.....up $8.50/oz. since Feb. 3rd
  • Options
    Mint wants $60 for an Army $ (double melt @ $38 silver). You realy thnk you're going to get a 5oz puck < $250?
  • Options

We shall see!
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like we get the focus on each puck individually.
    My goal is 4 of every coin in both forms.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>Mint wants $60 for an Army $ (double melt @ $38 silver). You realy thnk you're going to get a 5oz puck < $250? >>

Subtract the $10 surcharge for the charitable cause and you get $50 (x5= $250/puck)

A tad less silver content though
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we bid fond farewell to the first quarter of 2011.............
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As we bid fond farewell to the first quarter of 2011............. >>

Funny the Mint said the 2010 will be released in the first quarter of 2011...........They would not lie, so these must be going on sale today some time or better yet I am SURE they will go on sale tomorrow image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

All the comedians out of work and we get Tommy.
  • Options
    Did everybody get the order form for the 2010 P-Pucks in the mail Friday?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did everybody get the order form for the 2010 P-Pucks in the mail Friday?
    TD >>

Got mine on thursday

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    It's still April 1st on the West coast!image
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here Ye Here Ye Here Ye...

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!

They have posted that the 2010 Hot Springs 5 oz ATB puck will sell on............. APRIL 28th 2011. Yes that is right... this year, 2011.

The other four coins of the set are still "TBD". This means that we will have to order five different timesimage

OK, now back to waiting... Continue along... Nothing to see here...
  • Options

<< <i>Here Ye Here Ye Here Ye...

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!

They have posted that the 2010 Hot Springs 5 oz ATB puck will sell on............. APRIL 28th 2011. Yes that is right... this year, 2011.

The other four coins of the set are still "TBD". This means that we will have to order five different timesimage

OK, now back to waiting... Continue along... Nothing to see here... >>

Good eye, batman! About time! It does look they will be separate....this will be an interesting experience on the Mint's servers....
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Did everybody get the order form for the 2010 P-Pucks in the mail Friday?

Is this an April Fools?

If not, are they limited to one per household?
  • Options

<< <i> Good eye, batman! About time! It does look they will be separate....this will be an interesting experience on the Mint's servers.... >>

Yup...instead of overloading twice with sets it will now happen 10 individual times (2010 + 2011 P Pucks)
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I predict a sellout in approx 3 hours...image
  • Options
    Looks like the closest will win the W ASE....

ahrelep

Posted: Saturday January 22, 2011 7:07 PM

Guess: April 21, 2011

Once the Mint issues a statement that confirms the date I will send your silver out to you....

Note: spot silver has increased around $11/oz. since that guess was made
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Did everybody get the order form for the 2010 P-Pucks in the mail Friday?

Is this an April Fools?

If not, are they limited to one per household? >>

Check the date of the posting.......
  • Options
    I bet the Mint does one a month....that would take them 10 months to get through the 2010's and 2011's (January)....Then it will start again with the 2012's...
  • Options
    What a joke !!!
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    If the sale date for the 2010 coins were all the same day, I would definitely order a demon dialer since I think phone would be the only way to get all five. Now I'm not so sure I need to get a demon.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>I bet the Mint does one a month....that would take them 10 months to get through the 2010's and 2011's (January)....Then it will start again with the 2012's... >>

I will guess that they do one a week.

TD
  • Options
    Another bit of information:

Mint News Blog linky
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    My "One per household Limit" Team is going to be worked hard this year!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the sale date for the 2010 coins were all the same day, I would definitely order a demon dialer since I think phone would be the only way to get all five. Now I'm not so sure I need to get a demon. >>

My guess is you won't need one, I have one for rent............ I For one do not like the single puck idea, let them all go at the same time. there going to hit you with seperate shipping for each one? Oh Boyimage Will be interesting to see the price announced and a picture please........... presales are awaiting..........................
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

What a nightmare the mint has created again.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might try to buy one of those demon dialers.

As the bullion versions sales are slowing down, more and more I think that there are <33,000 real collectors of these.
    (maybe way more since some of us have more than 1 set we are sitting on.)
    Sales may be crazy for the first few hours, but I'm thinking it'll take some time (a couple of days?) before they sell out.

(I also think the flip money will best be made by the earliest people to market. But, I'm not in this for a flip.)

Why the demon dialer? I am paranoid about getting someone's returns. I'll take my chances and hope I get one that doesn't need returning.
    (5/6 of my Army Commems were great. 1 had loads of scratches on the reverse. Only way it made it through QC was it was at 6:00 under and around the text.)
    I'm hoping I can score a 1/1 on the HS ATB numis. version.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What a nightmare the mint has created again. >>

What makes you say that?
  • Options
    My guess is it will take a week or two for the numismatics to sell out based on what I've seen with the bullion versions. This is assuming a 1 per HH limit.

But that won't keep me from the feverishly hitting buttons and watching the browser spin on the morning of April 28th! They might sellout much earlier than that, and the later orders always have a chance of being returns.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    One per month will ease the financial burden and increase the competion for the coins.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Can't imagine any being left after a few hours. The FFN, a subsidiary of HSN & CSN, will be in overdrive for this one. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to watch the pre-sale listing values now that a release date is out there for the HS Cpuck.

Are there any pre-sales listed on feebay yet? I sorta looked, didn't try real hard, may be early?

If a guy intends to flip, what's the best way to go?

Pre-sale?

In-hand and raw?

Slabbed and graded?

• Options

<< <i>Will be interesting to watch the pre-sale listing values now that a release date is out there for the HS Cpuck.

Are there any pre-sales listed on feebay yet? I sorta looked, didn't try real hard, may be early?

Pre-sale?

In-hand and raw?

Slabbed and graded?

image >>

I think you're asking for problems with presales for these.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't imagine any being left after a few hours. The FFN, a subsidiary of HSN & CSN, will be in overdrive for this one. image >>

Crap. You're right.

I'm going all hands on deck for this one.

Gotta score me two.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Another consideration...these are being sold by the mint so people can pay for them with a credit card. The ap's mostly required a cash outlay.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    I'm just curious. Has anyone on this forum honestly not been able to get thru to the mint when a quick sellout is expected if you've phoned in shortly after the sale has begun. I know I got thru with the early gold spouses, and the Lincoln Chronicles all of which sold out quickly. I know I like to badmouth the mint but I really haven't had that much trouble getting what I wanted. I feel sorry for the poor working people who really can't play on the computer for an hour straight. And, yes it's a pain but I do believe selling them separately is the fairest way to do this
  • Options
    Updated OP with link to Mint News Blog.

I love "LQQK" now because that is very easy to search . The search results list is so short.

""Unplanned Brilliance(tm)""

oldfolkie: the worst nightmare was either the UHR or the Lincoln Coin and Chronicles. I'd have to have my memory working better to remember the worst of the two. But I recall web ordering delays in the neighborhood of just over 1 hour.

But, yes, we all got in on both. However, I think the initial delays with these will be worse. And, as stated before, I think that is not entirely necessary since it won't be a fast sell out.

(now with more proof reading!)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Will be interesting to watch the pre-sale listing values now that a release date is out there for the HS Cpuck.

Pre-sale?

In-hand and raw?

Slabbed and graded?

image >>

I think you're asking for problems with presales for these. >>

I think you're asking for trouble using pre-sales with a lot of hot flips. What will the delays be like? Will the customer figure out how much they overpaid in the meantime and just be a jerk about ending the deal?

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I have never had a problem ordering anything from the mint, starting around the 2001 buff coin n currencey which
    I got all 20 (I tryed to get 21 to max out my card they cut me at 20) right thru the UHR's.

these pucks I see no sense in-if you guys are investing in silver fine, but if your doing resale...

might wanna start hanging with Charlie Sheen image

anyhow good luck to all, if its what you want then I hope you get everyone ya ask for image

OH AND DO NOT BOTHER WITH ANY DEMON DIALER I never needed one, seriously, and never had to call more than once.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Pre-sale?

In-hand and raw?

Slabbed and graded?

image >>

I think you're asking for problems with presales for these. >>

I think you're asking for trouble using pre-sales with a lot of hot flips. What will the delays be like? Will the customer figure out how much they overpaid in the meantime and just be a jerk about ending the deal? >>

My personal rule of thumb is: Don't sell something that you do not yet have!
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file