Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    Box 5
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    1 TN
    No relic, but did pull this.....

I think now is a good time to go get some pizza, break will resume shortly.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    yahtzee!!

congrats, Doran!

edit: just realized that you pulled red inks of both the past and current Chicago shortstops. That's gotta be thrilling for a hardcore Cubs fan like you!

• Options
    Craig, I'll try!

The following compiles what is known about this year's Heritage, plus what is pure speculation on my part based on the original '62. If anyone can confirm something I've written is either correct or incorrect, I'd sure appreciate it. I'll update as new information trickles in. It's entirely possible that more is out there that is nowhere on this list.

* base Short Prints are 426-500.

* tinted variations. Green tints are not SSPs, but definitely rare. Red tints are exclusive to Target, while blue tints are exclusive to Wal-Mart. They can only be found on cards numbered 110-196.

* black bordered cards. Looks like these parallel the chrome cards, and are unnumbered.

* green refractors. These were inserted in hobby boxes. These boxes were inserted one per case - each pack in these boxes contains one green refractor. They are not numbered.

The Super Short Prints are becoming clearer, but some of the info below is still speculation. I based all of it on quirks that exist within the original '62 set.

1962 was a checklist with two different sets of numbers on the back
    2011 is the San Diego Padres team card. Have a look at the back to see if there's any funny business going on. However, the checklists were printed separately again, which brings to mind 2005(?), which had variations of every checklist.
    There very well could be variations with every one of the six checklists this year, too.

1962 was Lee Walls - he can be found looking both right and left. His looking left pose was also a green tint.
    2011 is Carlos Quentin - if it exists, look for a looking left pose variation with a green tint
    at this point, I don't see that a pose variation exists. The tint variations on eBay show the same portrait as the base card.

1962 was the Angels team card - one variation had two floating heads inset in the photo
    2011 is, guess what, the Angels team card. Hmm
    confirmed as a simple green tint - lame, in my opinion. It would have been nice to have the two floating heads. Perhaps it exists as a SSP, though.

1962 was Billy Hoeft, who had two poses. These poses weren't very distinct, but the regular one had a very distinct blue sky, while the green tint had... a green sky.
    2011 is Brett Cecil - the one on eBay has has a VERY distinct blue sky. Hmm, guess we should be looking for a green sky, huh?
    Cecil's green tint is a full frontal portrait, as opposed to the base card's somewhat side-view portrait

1962 had four total variations: two poses of Hal Reniff (pitching & portrait - one a green tint) and two poses of Ruth (one a green tint). For the record, Reniff is also #159. Fun, huh?
    2011 has a Joba, a Ruth, a Jackie, and probably another Joba with a pose variation. And of course #159 is Joba.
    It has been confirmed that there are four different #139s this year, too. Babe has a base and a green tint, and Joba has a different pose than his base #139 - that pose is available as a regular card and a green tint. Both are SSPed.

1962 was Bill Kunkel, who had a portrait and green tint pitching variation
    2011 is Joakim Soria - the one on eBay is a portrait - if it exits, look for the matching green tint pitching variation
    there is a confirmed pitching pose variation here.

#163 unconfirmed
    1962 is the Hot Corners Guardians card featuring Billy Gardner and Cletis Boyer. There was a simple green tint here.
    2011 is also Hot Corners Guardias, and features Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira. The variation has "Hot Corners Guardians" in yellow print, instead of the base card's red, and is also missing the Heritage watermark. As no green tints have surfaced on eBay that I can find, I'm unsure whether this is a SSP or the intended green tint.

1962 was Carl Willey, who could be found with and without a cap (yay, another green tint pose variation!)
    2011 is Jon Garland - the one on eBay doesn't have a hat - if it exists, the variation should be a green tint "with hat"
    Garland's tint variation is cropped slightly different. On the base card, none of the Dodgers script on the front of the jersey is visible. In the green tint, some of it is.

1962 was Eddie Yost, who had a batting and portrait variation (one a green tint)
    2011 is Chase Headley. The one on eBay shows him holding a bat - if it exists, the variation should be a green tint portrait
    the tint variations still show him with bat on shoulder, but at a different angle, more of a side view

1962 was Lee Walls, who had a portrait and a green tint batting pose
    2011 is a shaggy-ass Todd Helton. The one on eBay is the portrait, which means a batting green tint might be out there.
    confirmed frontal bat on shoulder variation

1962 was another checklist card. There was a very subtle difference here. One said, "checklist, 3" and the other said, "checklist 3" (no comma)
    2011 is the Marlins team card. Look for another subtle difference, I'd guess
    #192 is the Marlins team card - like the #132 Angels team card, it has a simple green tint parallel

#277 speculation
    1962 was a checklist, and could be found with both a light and dark "wood" border.
    2011 is Pedro Alvarez. While the possibility exists that Alvarez can also be found with a light dark border, it is also possible that every checklist this year has some sort of variation.

#279 speculation
    1962 was Hobie Landrith. The back of Hobie Landrith's card had the word "hobby" instead of "hitting" - it was an uncorrected error.
    2011 is Benjie Molina. Look for the same thing on the back of his card.

#367 speculation
    1962 was a checklist, and could be found with both a light and dark "wood" border.
    2011 is Dan Uggla. While the possibility exists that Uggla can also be found with a light dark border, it is also possible that every checklist this year has some sort of variation.

#392 speculation
    1962 was Ken Boyer's All Star card. On the cards back, Topps gave him a batting average of .392 - in '61 he batted .329. Again, this was uncorrected.
    2011 is Ryan Zimmerman's All Star card. Topps may have done something similar with Zimmeran's stats. Zimmerman batted .307 last year, so a variation where he batted .370 might be out there.

#458 speculation
    1962 was Bob Buhl, who could be found with and without an "M" on his cap
    2011 is SPed Ian Kennedy - look for a hat missing the Diamondbacks' "D"

#462 speculation
    1962 was Willie Tasby, who again could be found with and without a "W" on his cap
    2011 is SPed Magglie Ordonez - look for the same thing

#478 confirmed
    1962 was Don Zimmer, who was pictured as a Met, but identified on the card front as a "Cin. Reds" player.
    2011 is David Wright, who has both a base SP as a Met, and a confirmed SSP as a Red.

#490 confirmed
    1962 was Clete Boyer, who had an uncorrected reverse negative error.
    2011 is Alex Rodriguez, who also has a reverse negative as a SSP.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Maz? Did someone say Maz?

I have something to trade for that. It looks like my scanner has dumped, but I'll send a picture.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Geordie -

You have been a huge help this year, as always. Hope to have the spreadsheet 1.0 up on monday morning, with an update next week probably when the full checklist is clearer.

I am as always interested in black refractors and autos, but I'd love to do some trading for a chunk of green refractors. I'm also very interested in blue and red tints.

I have tons of Heritage stuff FT here, and lots of nicer modern goodies in my photobucket.
    Text tradepage, including Heritage Chromes, SPs, and inserts - www.freewebs.com/heritagetrade

Photobucket - http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z142/heritagetrade/For Trade/
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Banks red ink. Nice
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Nice indeed Doran
    Thanks Geordie.......for the record # 204, 224, 321, & 461 in 1962 all had white stars for the rookies. I haven't checked the #'s yet but there are about 4 cards that I've pulles with white stars.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    Great pull Doran.

• Options
    Box 6
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    2 TN
    CC
    Soria Green Tint
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    nice pull Doran!!

here's a binder label I just finished up (higher resolution available)

• Options
    Nice looking label Mike.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Anyone compiled a checklist for the panels yet?I'm guessing I might be the only person that actually cares about those.

any ideas what the coin cards are worth? I pulled Brooks Robinson with a silver quarter. Not going to keep it, but have no idea what it is worth.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Box 7
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    2 TN
    Votto Jersey
    Cano/Desmond Stamp

Anthony, the first couple of days the coins brought pretty decent money.....but now they really aren't doing much, kind of disappointing for a supposed case hit. As soon as I open my panels I'll let you know what I have, have quite a few from past years as well.
  • Options
    2 Walmart blasters
    6 SP
    1 black refractor (my 1st)
    1 BF
    1 NF
    1 NAP
    1 TN
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Anyone notice the chrome cards sit nice and flat this year?
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone compiled a checklist for the panels yet?I'm guessing I might be the only person that actually cares about those.

any ideas what the coin cards are worth? I pulled Brooks Robinson with a silver quarter. Not going to keep it, but have no idea what it is worth. >>

Anthony, I've been tracking the Killebrew quarter card and it seems to be between $32 to $49. LMK if you want to trade, have a ton of extras John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    Anthony, I have some ad panels, not keeping them unless they are Red Sox. I have 4 more hobby boxes to open. Also, I checked on previous years & have a few but I'm thinking that either 2008 or 2009 dupes panels are among the missing. Those coins are nice, haven't pulled one yet.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Box 8
    8 SP
    3 chrome
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    Kershaw Jersey
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    I just bought a lot of 101 sealed panels from B&B. Once I get them and collate, I hope to be able to put together an ad panel checklist.
  • Options
    Box 9
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    1 TN
    Ike Davis jersey
  • Options
    I guess I didn't realize that Keith Olbermann was a Heritage buyer, he just hit the bin on my Hot Corner Guardian SSP for $200.00
  • Options
    nice!!
  • Options
    That helps with the Cardinal cards Doran.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Box 10
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    Longoria Bat
    Aramis Ramirez Green Tint
  • Options
    Heritage, Heritage ! Dance to the rippage . image

Doing good with the green tints there.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Would anyone care to summarize a comprehensive listing of all 2011 Topps Heritage variations? Would be a great resource to have this information all in one post.

Craig from Texas

Craig you said it!! It sure would be nice. I only know about the A Rod
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Okay, I am excited about this years Heritage set. Not because I like the wood grain boarder, but because my 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter have their first interest in collecting. They are loving sorting them out for me as I buy up the booster boxes from target. I have purchased about 12 booster boxes, and 1 of the rack pack (probably not the right term) boxes. I have one G. Jones Green tint and one Red Ink of Al Kaline. I am happy with the distribution, but I have next to nothing of the AL all star cads. I average 3 each of the NL players and only 4 total from AL. Is this a normal distribution for the rest of you? Can anyone send me the variation list to look for things? I have read 100+ of the posts, but I missed that part.

Thank you to all the heritage collectors. I love it!

Luke
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    Box 11
    8 SP
    3 chrome
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    1 TN
    Votto Jersey
    Navy Seals '62 Mint Dime
    Gaylord Perry '62 Mint Nickel

One box left then begins the giant task of sorting.
  • Options
    2 coins in one box is great !

Luke , nice that your kids are involved. It seems most are more interested in Magic, Pokemon, & Yugi-Oh.

Heritage & Luke, TNP77 did a variation summary in the last couple of pages, the same page Craig headed with his request for a summary.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Doran,

Great score man!

Tony
  • Options
    the variation list is near the top of page 29.

Luke, the reason you don't have many of the AL All Stars is because they're in the short print range (426-500).
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    K.O. just bought the A.Rod negative for $400, your card, and the other A.Rod/Teixeira yellow no logo for $199 all in minutes. Nice!

aconte
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    I'm not finding the variation list either.
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Box 12
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    Braun Bat
    Pierzynski Green Tint

Think this may be the first case I've opened that didn't yield a black refractor, I can't complain though I think this was a pretty good case.
  • Options
    Forgot to post this, snagged this earlier this evening via BIN.

• Options
    that's a really sharp card, Doran. I think this year's /25 relic/auto cards are the nicest looking to date. Doesn't hurt that Wright has a very nice signature, either.

nendee, look on page 29, fourth post down for the variation list.

thanks to Dave's sharp eye earlier, I was able to snag a decent BIN myself. Hopefully it shows up.

edit: just saw the price you paid - I'd almost qualify that as a steal. Now you have to go for the blue jersey variation that's up image

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as you Joerdie, I'm hoping the guy actually ships.
  • Options
    did you hit the straight BIN, or did he take your best offer?
  • Options
    Straight BIN, I knew it would last long enough for him to see an offer.
  • Options
    Would you believe that the Arod reverse negative was mine? LOL I was happy that the first one sold for 299 and was hoping to get around that until Keith hit my 400 BIN. That might buy me a nice heritage auto. I was able to buy/trade for a Ginter David Wright box topper auto today too. I am also a HUGE ginter fan. It has been a great day.

...and I might add another thing great about heritage is you never know when you might have gold in your commons. Topps has given us the opportunity to use our
    eyes like they had to in 62. The past several year the SSP's had different colored backs, this year is MUCH more challenging and I love going back into my "commons"
    and looking for these varitions.

What may trump everything including pulling great cards and selling cards is seeing old collectors that I have seen in some time. I remember when Lukes kids were
    much younger, now they are grown up and are into collecting. Isn't that what its all about?

Once again Im very proud to be a part of this yearly tradition. I've read it on other boards, this is THE place to be for heritage!

Waalt
  • Options
    Congrats Kev, homerun on the A. Rod....if I'd know KO was buying I might have had the BIN higher on my SSP.
  • Options
    Surprised the heck out of me, this time last night it was sitting in my commons box.

How has the centering been on everyones green refractors?

• Options
    Mine has actually been better than the regular chromes.
  • Options
    Doran, I think you did great on green tints.
    Kevin, nice $ on the Arod, my greens are mostly good centering, maybe a couple where the right border is thin.
    This is indeed a great place to be for Heritage, I missed it last year. (But I read the entire thread)
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Also Geordie, page 36 is where you updated your variation list.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    ah, I guess it depends on what your board settings are. I've got mine set at 25 posts per page.
  • Options
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone compiled a checklist for the panels yet?I'm guessing I might be the only person that actually cares about those. >>

I care! I also need a checklist. Thanks bjbrall4 and jmoran19 for getting this compiled so those of us who don't buy as much can know what to look for!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Hobby #9
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    3 NF
    2 NAP
    1 TN
    1 yuck bucks
    & finally
    The coin is what I'm talking
    That's all for tonite folks
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Well said Walt!

<< <i>Would you believe that the Arod reverse negative was mine? LOL I was happy that the first one sold for 299 and was hoping to get around that until Keith hit my 400 BIN. That might buy me a nice heritage auto. I was able to buy/trade for a Ginter David Wright box topper auto today too. I am also a HUGE ginter fan. It has been a great day.

...and I might add another thing great about heritage is you never know when you might have gold in your commons. Topps has given us the opportunity to use our
    eyes like they had to in 62. The past several year the SSP's had different colored backs, this year is MUCH more challenging and I love going back into my "commons"
    and looking for these varitions.

What may trump everything including pulling great cards and selling cards is seeing old collectors that I have seen in some time. I remember when Lukes kids were
    much younger, now they are grown up and are into collecting. Isn't that what its all about?

Once again Im very proud to be a part of this yearly tradition. I've read it on other boards, this is THE place to be for heritage!

Waalt >>