Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Box 5
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    1 TN
    No relic, but did pull this.....

I think now is a good time to go get some pizza, break will resume shortly. >>

Very nice pull!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Found this on FCB on varations

2011 Heritage Varations. >>

]

Mostly information we've already seen here, except for that last post by Brent and Becca.

The guys over at FCB are very complimentary to the collectors in this thread.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Of course look at the OP. Just though it was nice to have it all consolidated in one thread. Sorry for the duplicate info.

<< <i>

<< <i>Found this on FCB on varations

2011 Heritage Varations. >>

]

Mostly information we've already seen here, except for that last post by Brent and Becca.

The guys over at FCB are very complimentary to the collectors in this thread. >>

• Options

<< <i>Of course look at the OP. Just though it was nice to have it all consolidated in one thread. Sorry for the duplicate info. >>

No worries. Some how I've been quoted over there as saying that a base set is a complete set even without the SPs (?!). I never said that. I said a master set is a base set plus the SPs (ie, a base set doesn't include SPs).
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    the author of that thread on FCB is a known fabricator of tall tales. Don't put a lot of stock in anything he says.

in all seriousness, though - what would you guys think about me adding a separate thread with the variation list so it would be easier to find? I guess folks have their page settings all over the place, so I can't just say, "look on page X" to find the list.

4,000 posts. Yayerness.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I think the variations and checklist issues need their own thread- this one is way too big to dig thru for the info.
    I think there should also just be a thread for want list/cards available.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ok, this is my highlights of 1 hobby and 6 blasters,, a. rod, # 5/62 it came from a target blaster, imagine that,,,no ink but hey i didnt buy like you guys did,, the 2 white stars are different, i dont have the yellow version to compare them to but its the only 2 i have,, j
    edited to add: i forgot i also got a George Altman buy back and a 10 buck inkjet printer bill with Ryan Braun
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    dang John, nice haul. I need to hit the pillow isle again.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Arod looks like he's got Bells Palsy in that stamp image.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    woo hoo just spotted another green tint Ruth.....those are hard to see! 14+ boxes and now I have two.
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭

<< <i>the author of that thread on FCB is a known fabricator of tall tales. Don't put a lot of stock in anything he says.

in all seriousness, though - what would you guys think about me adding a separate thread with the variation list so it would be easier to find? I guess folks have their page settings all over the place, so I can't just say, "look on page X" to find the list.

4,000 posts. Yayerness. >>

I think a new post with your variation listing as post #1 would be helpful. I'm assuming you could just edit post #1 as new information is discovered. I am debating about going after all the green tints, and a complete, "confirmed", listing would make that pursuit clear. I can confirm there is an Alex Gordon #162 green tint, only green tint I've pulled in 6 boxes. As I'm sorting I can also tell obvious wood grain differences, but I can't detect a pattern just yet.

I plan to collect the team stamp panels, if anyone wants to trade for my 3 card panels let me know.
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options

<< <i>Arod looks like he's got Bells Palsy in that stamp image. >>

nothing wrong with a wink and a nod,, but the hey what went wrong with these guys, come on fellows put your caps on or comb it up for the card, jeepers,, lol,, j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>the author of that thread on FCB is a known fabricator of tall tales. Don't put a lot of stock in anything he says.

4,000 posts. Yayerness. >>

I think a new post with your variation listing as post #1 would be helpful. I'm assuming you could just edit post #1 as new information is discovered. I am debating about going after all the green tints, and a complete, "confirmed", listing would make that pursuit clear. I can confirm there is an Alex Gordon #162 green tint, only green tint I've pulled in 6 boxes. As I'm sorting I can also tell obvious wood grain differences, but I can't detect a pattern just yet.

I plan to collect the team stamp panels, if anyone wants to trade for my 3 card panels let me know. >>

page 25 has the variation info. Good to see you back!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>gentlemen, just for fun, be on the lookout for these two variations - they may or many not exist, but according to an ariticle on PSA regarding the '62 set, cards 277 and 367 (which were checklists) can be found both light and dark wood borders. Since both of those cards in 2011 Heritage are players (Pedro Alvarez and Dan Uggla), the possibility exists that Alvarez and Uggla can be found with the stain differences. More likely, the six checklists themselves will be found with variations, as there were numerous error issues with the checklists in the original '62.

also, you might as well look at:
    #279 Benjie Molina. In the '62, the back of Hobie Landrith's card had the word "hobby" instead of "hitting" - it was an uncorrected error.
    #392 Ryan Zimmeran All Star. In the '62, Ken Boyer's AS card gave him a batting average of .392 - in '61 he batted .329. Again, this was uncorrected. Topps may have done something similar with Zimmeran's stats. Zimmerman batted .307 last year, so a variation where he batted .370 might be out there. >>

ROFL

I have a 279 Bengie molina that says

"Bengie has a rare feel for the game behind the DISH,"

I laughed and choked on my OJ this morning.

Behind the dish oh my God, so funny hahahahahah.

I think they all say this. I have 2 of them

Joe
  • Options
    I didn't participate in any Heritage last year (never really liked the 1961 set) but I'm back in for the 2011 set. I grabbed 2 hobby boxes yesterday and scored a couple of refractors, a few chromes, and my first ever Heritage autograph:

I know it's not a huge pull, but a first autograph is nice. I really like the SP/insert/chrome distribution I got in these two boxes. Very good for Topps usual collation issues. I also got a Justin Morneau GU jersey and $5 baseball buck of Ian Kinsler.

I've got my eye on a couple of box/case auctions on eBay, so hopefully I'll have some trade fodder shortly.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    I'm really not liking this whole sorting thing......might have to make a retail run. image
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    You did great John, some nice pulls

#'s 204, 224, 321, & 461 always have the white rookie star. The same 4 #'s in the 1962 set had the white stars, I don't believe a variation exists.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    As Joerdie said, the page the info appears on depends on how many posts per page you have your settings default. For me (20 posts/page), the info is on 36.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    That's a nice pull Jeff. I've opened nearly 300 packs of hobby & retail & have no auto yet. Having said that
    I opened 2 Target blasters this AM and got:
    6 SP
    1 refrct.
    1 BF
    1NF
    2 NAP anddddddd

Edited to add: Sorry Brian, I just looked at the profile pic & thought it was Jeff.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Thanks Doran, I'm about to start ripping my last 3 hobby boxes.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>As Joerdie said, the page the info appears on depends on how many posts per page you have your settings default. For me (20 posts/page), the info is on 36. >>

Just to add to the confusion, my profile is set in reverse order so the latest variation post on March 19, 2011 at 6:30pm appears on page 3 for me. A new thread, with post #1 as the "master list" would be helpful.

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    Out of 34 boxes I ended up with, 17 Buy Backs, 8 yuck bucks, 12 ad panels & 13 stamp panels.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>As Joerdie said, the page the info appears on depends on how many posts per page you have your settings default. For me (20 posts/page), the info is on 36. >>

Just to add to the confusion, my profile is set in reverse order so the latest variation post on March 19, 2011 at 6:30pm appears on page 3 for me. A new thread, with post #1 as the "master list" would be helpful. >>

Mark, Geordie did make a new thread just for the variations.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just to add to the confusion, my profile is set in reverse order so the latest variation post on March 19, 2011 at 6:30pm appears on page 3 for me. A new thread, with post #1 as the "master list" would be helpful. >>

Mark, Geordie did make a new thread just for the variations. >>

Just saw it on the board. Thanks!

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    Hobby#10
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.-Sabathia tosses a curve
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    1 buyback-Phil Regan
    1 stamp panel
    and:

Then evidently I just predicted wrong on the box#

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    WOW Dave! If Mr. Musial is for trade you know where to go with it. image
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>WOW Dave! If Mr. Musial is for trade you know where to go with it. image >>

Pulled that card for you Doran. In 40 packs this morning, I pulled the Musial , Mantle relic , & that stamp.
    It's been a nice run.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Definitely saved the best part of the case for the last few boxes.
  • Options
    Hobby #11 then break for lunch
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    1 cc Posada bat
    1 buyback-Jerry Walker KC
    1 yuck buck

& I pulled this near the top

& near the bottom, this
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pull Dave. You certainly have Doran's attention which isn't easy with his ADD. image
  • Options
    image He's going to have to wait for next box. Did you see the Mantle relic Nick?

back after dog walk, lunch
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Dave great pull on the Musial auto I want one also well all said and done!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........Did you see the Mantle relic Nick? >>

I did, and from retail too. Very nice.
  • Options
    thought I'd post this on the thread and see what the rest of you thought. Here's my reasoning on why Doran's #163 Hot Corner Guardian isn't a SSP. Card #127 is Pride of the A's - the only green tint variations that have come up on the Bay also have the same yellow letters and lack the Heritage logo.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Didn't find any retail so I had to settle for 3 hobby boxes. Joerdie, I wondered about that myself....saw another one listed that way so I did the same.....at least it sold to KO and he'll never miss the money.
  • Options
    Hobby #12 image
    8 SP
    3 chrome
    1 refct.-Mike Stanton with no rookie all star trophy
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    1 TN
    1 cc Mauer
    1 ad panel

& this

Bottom 3 boxes in this case plus the 2 Target blasters I opened today were terrific. I was not happy after 8 hobby boxes but it turned around from there. All in all I'm pleased & I have 1 more hobby box coming my wife bought for me.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    That was probably the best last three boxes I've seen from a case.

Box 1
    8 SP
    2 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    Hamilton Jersey
    Jeter & Upton stamp
  • Options
    Box 2
    8 SP
    3 chrome
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 NAP
    2 TN
    Thome Bat
    Napoli & Sabathia Stamp
  • Options
    Box 3
    8 SP
    1 chrome
    1 refrct.
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 NAP
    2 TN
    Santana Jersey

That's it for me, time to sort.
  • Options
    Did good on the stamps Doran. I've been sorting inserts, SP, chromes, refractors. Time to take a image break then get to sorting base.
    "After the rippage comes the sortage." -me
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>"After the rippage comes the sortage." -me >>

After the sortage comes the drinking - me

Dave, don't hold todays spring training game against me.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thought I'd post this on the thread and see what the rest of you thought. Here's my reasoning on why Doran's #163 Hot Corner Guardian isn't a SSP. Card #127 is Pride of the A's - the only green tint variations that have come up on the Bay also have the same yellow letters and lack the Heritage logo.

Thoughts? >>

Geordie, I think his 163 is just a green tint variation. It looks like it's made to seem like it's missing the magenta plating.

edited to add:

Plus the image looks like it has a green tint, it's just hard to tell because the backdrop includes no sky, only grass, to compare for contrast.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"After the rippage comes the sortage." -me >>

After the sortage comes the drinking - me

Dave, don't hold todays spring training game against me. >>

Quite honestly, I didn't watch or follow it Doran. We're heading to Fl on Saturday & I may try to catch a Cards game in jupiter if they're still there. I've been there before with Jeb to see Cards vs,. Braves I believe.

I think this year maybe the best Heritage collation ever. From 350 packs I have all the SP's. There have been years I've opened maybe 2X this many packs & not had them all.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have finished sorting----image

Here the various variations and tints I ended up with:

Not sure of the variation on the Lester, it does not really fall in line with the tint variations but seems to have the same coloring as the Joba #139. The Joba #139 and various Robinson's

Red tints

Green tints

Blue tints

Trade list coming within the hour.....
  • Options
    Thanks for the scans Stoney, it helps to figure out my variations that I've missed. In the middle of sorting here too but about to take a break. It's a big job on 300 odd packs, it must be huge for all you've ripped.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely arduous task that took about 18 hrs. I may be losing it a little but 2 more I would like to post and see if anyone has seen them.

After looking at roughly 20-25 samples of each these were the only ones that stood out:

Has enyone seen these or the Lester that I posted earlier. Are the variations or just a blip in the printing? Notice the marking th the left of Utley's face and the white circle to the right of Cano's face, both markings seem to be intentionally placed and do not look like a normal error in the printing process. After a quick scan of ebay, I do not see any others with the markings either, of course I am sure I could have missed one in my haste.
  • Options
    My 1st thought is that those are printing glitches. It seems that if Topps were to intentionally print variations that it would be something more noteworthy. Just my opinion of course. The other thing to consider is if there were any variations in the 1962 set for those card #'s.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox