Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    600 + 1 = Pie are round.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to my large pile of cheeseburgers! image >>

MMMMM........

CHEESEBURGERS!!!

• Options

<< <i>Christianity.

For or against it?

Please discuss. image >>

Yes, most definitely.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    More crying kid Santa pictures please!! Those are hilarious!!
  • Options
    Kids crying because of Santa???

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Maurice 'Mad Dog' Vachon.

Woohoo. I'm in.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here are a couple of nice buys for you guys to chew on.

1982 Wrestling All Stars set for $153

It doesn't look my bidding strategy hurt me folks. >>

Actually, just looking at that one auction, it did hurt you.

2 people were bidding, yourself and one other guy. Had you sniped, instead of getting into a bidding war, you probably would have won it for $103 (instead of $153).

But it's your money, so do whatever you want to do. >>

Dpeck, you are not getting it. No one is saying you didn't make good buys or got the cards "cheap" compared to todays prices... But your bidding strategy is foolish. You spent 50% more on the card you bought for 153 than you needed to. If the cards were selling in the 200 range then set your snipe at 200, 225, 1MM.. you still would have won the card for 103. Take the tyson example. I had my high bid at 25ish. if you set your snipe at 82 you would have won the card for 25.01 because i would have never had a chance to increas my max bid. the same goes for the other cards. If you have price target in mind use that as your snipe.. but if the market increases then you can always increase your bid.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Early on I was wondering if Dpeck might be in kahutz with thepowerseller.

Now I'm nearly sure of it.

Edit to add: Maybe Jeff can tell us what city thepowerseller is located in. Or anyone else that has dealt with them.
  • Options

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>610 >>

Shut up
  • Options
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

What kinda scary a$$ Santa is that?
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

What kinda scary a$$ Santa is that? >>

Looks like Michael Myers from Halloween dressed up as Santa.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

"You dont need karate, just wring their necks"
  • Options
    DIRTY DICK RAINES from the 54 Parkies.

• Options
    This thread momentarily fell to page 2.

All is now right with the world.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Man was he beautiful.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    The word "punishes" is such a relative term.

Depending on one's lifestyle, being 'punished' in that way by Beautiful Bobby might be the sweetest thing since all of the Village People albums were finally released on CD.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay guys there is less then 5 hours to go. I am guessing Hogan gets pushed to a $1000. When that one started heating up on here I said $700 but the guys at the top right now seem to have big budget's and are not backing down.

Who ever asked if I was in with the seller, I am not and have no idea who it is and have never bought anything from them.

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Just opened this thread for the 1st time... only after noticing it's had 600+ posts. Too funny. A brief glimpse tells me this might be one of those whether-or-not-to-snipe threads... If not, can someone please pass me the Cliff Notes version? Thanks in advance.

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

"You dont need karate, just wring their necks" >>

We're all at the same skill level.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>Who ever asked if I was in with the seller, I am not and have no idea who it is and have never bought anything from them. >>

That was me, and oh OK.
  • Options
    I just won a great looking The Chrusher card for $2.25. The last auction a few days ago the Sniper bid drove it up to $21. This is exactly what I have been telling you. image
  • Options

<< <i>I just won a great looking The Chrusher card for $2.25. The last auction a few days ago the Sniper bid drove it up to $21. This is exactly what I have been telling you. image >>

LOL. Come on guys, can't you see the problem!
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    JustfishinjjJustfishinjj Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    If Beautiful Bobby is 'beautiful', this gives trailer trash a whole new image. Yeeedoggieeeee!
    Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    So far no real fire works in the ending bids.
  • Options
    Im getting ready to bid...or wait....ohhh there is a 51 bowman low grade mantle I can get instead.
    Error and RC collector.
  • Options

Dpeck goes wild in 3 minutes.
  • Options
    You got it!!

Final sale price on the Hogan, an astonishing $860!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!

• Options
    and it was almost yours at 525.
    Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    Yep,

I already have seven if you have read this thread and have a PSA 9, PSA 8, and a BGS 9. My four other one's are very nice as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Yep,

I already have seven if you have read this thread and have a PSA 9, PSA 8, and a BGS 9. My four other one's are very nice as well. >>

scans yet?
    Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I'll trade my psa 7 andre the giant for a 84 star jordan bgs 3 or better, 79 opc Gretzky psa 4 or better or 86 jordan psa 4 or better.

this is off topic but what the hell.. its not worth starting a new thread for this

how was the condition on that tyson panini? I ended up getting one from a random website for 12 bucks.. it was pretty mediocre condition. I just got it back from psa and it got a 3. Presents well.. centered and has sharp corners. But there is a surface wrinkle and one corner has a crease. I've bought a bunch of cards from the same seller you got the tyson from.. most of them range from psa 4-6. He always says cards are mint.. but by now i know what to expect.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    How do you upload pictures on here? I will take a pic of them to post and show you guys a few other cool one's.
  • Options
    The Tyson was not in very good condition. I would say a 5 at best. The others I got are a little better. I also bought a few of the other Panini that is more of a card. I got one from a combo aucton that is very nice.

I am going to put together some things this weekend or early next week to send off to PSA. I plan to submit the rest of the cards I am missing to have the whole 82 A graded and then I will work on improving certain cards.

I won 20 cards tonight that look great and I am very anxious to see them.
  • Options
    I am putting together a massive submission for the August special. I am sending off nearly 150 cards. I am completing two 82 A and one 82 B along with additional star cards.

I will be submitting a number of Hogan's, and Flair's in the above $100 card special.

It was tough to narrow down the best one's on some so I am sending in multiples just in case.

This should be interesting to say the least!
  • Options
    My last analysis on sniping even though I know I'm wasting my time.

10 bids total. Half the bids are DPeck. Each bid by DPeck did nothing other than raise the price. With a snipe set for $200 prior to any bids, the 1st 5 bids never happen and the price is still at it's original $0.99. No way is the 6th bid, which would have been the 1st official bid, going to be $162.

You still get the card but pay less. Why is that so hard to understand?

Can't wait for the prices to bottom out. That will provide me with months of entertainment.

Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $200.00 Aug-15-10 09:54:19 PDT
    Member Id: d***n( 152) US $200.00 Aug-20-10 09:13:11 PDT
    Member Id: e***w( 73) US $194.00 Aug-15-10 09:22:00 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $175.00 Aug-14-10 19:24:12 PDT
    Member Id: e***u( 1359) US $162.00 Aug-14-10 20:39:56 PDT
    Member Id: e***w( 73) US $148.00 Aug-14-10 10:56:20 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $125.00 Aug-14-10 07:21:09 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $100.00 Aug-13-10 20:04:38 PDT
    Member Id: e***w( 73) US $75.00 Aug-13-10 18:56:51 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $50.00 Aug-13-10 20:04:24 PDT
    Starting Price US $0.99 Aug-13-10 18:38:06 PDT
  • Options

643 It's beautiful man, OMG. image
  • Options

<< <i>My last analysis on sniping even though I know I'm wasting my time.

10 bids total. Half the bids are DPeck. Each bid by DPeck did nothing other than raise the price. With a snipe set for $200 prior to any bids, the 1st 5 bids never happen and the price is still at it's original $0.99. No way is the 6th bid, which would have been the 1st official bid, going to be $162.

You still get the card but pay less. Why is that so hard to understand?

Can't wait for the prices to bottom out. That will provide me with months of entertainment.

Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $200.00 Aug-15-10 09:54:19 PDT
    Member Id: d***n( 152) US $200.00 Aug-20-10 09:13:11 PDT
    Member Id: e***w( 73) US $194.00 Aug-15-10 09:22:00 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $175.00 Aug-14-10 19:24:12 PDT
    Member Id: e***u( 1359) US $162.00 Aug-14-10 20:39:56 PDT
    Member Id: e***w( 73) US $148.00 Aug-14-10 10:56:20 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $125.00 Aug-14-10 07:21:09 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $100.00 Aug-13-10 20:04:38 PDT
    Member Id: e***w( 73) US $75.00 Aug-13-10 18:56:51 PDT
    Member Id: 0***k( 198) US $50.00 Aug-13-10 20:04:24 PDT
    Starting Price US $0.99 Aug-13-10 18:38:06 PDT >>

That will never work Bill. Remember DPeck says you have to push the price higher to to show everyone you are serious about getting the card. That snipping stuff will only work on stale cards like Mantle and Aaron.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

Ya gotta show a strong presence. Like when you go to a punk rock party you don't introduce yourself at the door. What you do is headbutt the first guy you see in the face, then they know your a serious rocker.
  • Options
    You guys are funny.

So explain how one could have won the Hogan at $860 with a snipe bid.

• Options
    set your snipe at $860!

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    My point exactly! I bid and if it goes past what I want to pay I drop out!!

The snipe bidders are getting killed in these auctions.

As I said last night I won a The Chrusher card in great shape for $2.25. The snipe bidder last week paid $21!!!

Look we are never going to see eye to eye on this issue so you might as well move on. The baseball cards you guys are buying are sitting flat. There are not too many baseball cards making all time highs right now. I will admit I am surprised a raw Hogan sold for $860 but it was real buyer and that is where the market for that card went. I bought a great looking Hogan less then two months ago for $75 and three months ago for less then that.

You can say what you want but I am the one getting the last laugh. Sorry fellas this is a mute point.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    moot
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I won a The Chrusher card in great shape for $2.25. The snipe bidder last week paid $21!! >>

First of all were they both in the same condition?

If so, all that tells me is that at least two less bidders were involved.

The person that won last week probably did not bid and the runner up may have missed it too.

Sniping or the lack of sniping is the moot point here.

The winner of last weeks card might have paid MORE had he not sniped. EDITED to ADD: That's assuming he did.

Sooner or later it will come to you Dpeck.

Steve
    Good for you.