• Options
    Blaster 15
    3 Short Prints
    1 NF
    1 BF
    1 Chrome
    Ernie Banks Seat Relic
    Lou Marson Black Refractor

1 more blaster to go, still haven't pulled any of the three short prints I still need.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Target had retail packs (not blasters), and an interesting note is that these target Mayos are different players than the jumbo Mayos. Ugh.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    my 5 hobby boxes just came! WOO HOO!!!

Kevin
  • Options
    Blaster 16
    3 Short Prints
    1 BF
    1 NF
    1 NAP
    1 Chrome
    1 Refractor

Blaster Case Totals
    45 Short Prints
    12 NF
    12 BF
    7 T&N
    8 NAP
    14 Chrome
    4 Refractors
    2 Black Refractors
    3 Clubhouse Relics
    1 Stadium Relic

I think I have set a new Heritage record, 2 Hobby Cases, 1 Hobby Box, 1 Jumbo Case, and 1 Blaster case and I'm still 3 short prints shy of a master set. That's the equivalent of 938 packs...kind of hard to believe.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Blaster 16
    3 Short Prints
    1 BF
    1 NF
    1 NAP
    1 Chrome
    1 Refractor

Blaster Case Totals
    45 Short Prints
    12 NF
    12 BF
    7 T&N
    8 NAP
    14 Chrome
    4 Refractors
    2 Black Refractors
    3 Clubhouse Relics
    1 Stadium Relic

I think I have set a new Heritage record, 2 Hobby Cases, 1 Hobby Box, 1 Jumbo Case, and 1 Blaster case and I'm still 3 short prints shy of a master set. That's the equivalent of 938 packs...kind of hard to believe. >>

that's funny, it made me get out the calculator to see how many packs I opened and I opened 936 LOL
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭

Finally got ink today, after going "inkless" last year. Auto. is of Mat Gamel of the Brewers.

I am surprised he is still in the majors. According to the back of the card his lifetime

batting avg. is 3.06!! This is not the case on his set card which is .306. Also on the

auto. card his birthdate is spelled out, as opposed to just numbers on the set card.

Not a big deal. Just something to pass along. All Heritage collectors are nutz.

Craig in Ohio
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my 5 hobby boxes just came! WOO HOO!!!

Kevin >>

I predict for you:

40 Short Prints
    18 Chromes
    1 Refractors
    10 BF
    10 NF
    3 NAP
    4 T&N -
    2 game used jersey Dan Johnson & Kevin Mench
    Mantle flashback seat relic
    buy back Roy Face
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    I cracked my last 3 boxes and came away with a J.D. Drew Jersey,Brooks Robinson Stadium Seat and a Irv Noran auto.I have had my best Heritage take this year out of 6 boxes.
    6 Boxes:
    Al Kaline Stadium Seat
    Brooks Robinson Stadium Seat x 2
    Jimmy Rollins Black Refractor
    Dick Gray Auto
    Irv Noran Auto.
    Not bad for only 6 boxes.
    Mike
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned these, but there are a few other variations this year. Here are a couple I ran across on eBay:

Smoltz
    Lewis
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    For you guys with Target blasters, if a Thomas shows up in the TME Mayos, please let me know if you have the time.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    nice predictions so far..I have pulled a seat card and a pirates buy back..I just got back from target and got a 24 count retail box!!!! Rippage coming up..first
    hobby box had a black aramis in it!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>nice predictions so far..I have pulled a seat card and a pirates buy back..I just got back from target and got a 24 count retail box!!!! Rippage coming up..first
    hobby box had a black aramis in it!

Kevin >>

My local Target aint got squat............image
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    I just got done with my retail target box..not a whole lot to scream about. I wasn't impressed with the Mayo's and their football logo on the front. I have to
    admit that it isn't too much fun opening these for autographs knowing that the best live auto you can pull is a 40 dollar card at best. I should have a trade
    list up soon!

Kevin
  • Options
    Here is my wantlist and extra list. If you are ready to trade hit me up!

NEEDS:

SP's 477-467-464-461-457-455-450-446-444-442-438-427
    NF7-NF5-NAP13
    Any Higher End Ryan Howard
    Any Autograph

EXTRAS:

SP's: 500-496-496-492-492-491-489-489-489-486-480-480-479-479-479-475-475-475-475-473-473-472-468-468-468-466-465-465-459-459-458-458-456-456
    451-449-449-445-445-445-441-441-435-435-432-428-428-426-426

I also have a bunch of chromes, refractors, panels and extras of the insert sets.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    Came back home again with some walmart blasters!

Kevin

17 jumbo packs

9 SP's
    4 Mayos
    3 chromes
    1 refractor
    1 Pedrio Jersey

Pretty good I guess

Kevin
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A couple of thoughts after opening my case.....

I got two of the blank back/front cards. One had the light back, and one had the darker back that matches the SPS. Is this just a mistake, or coincidence?

I definitely feel I got what I felt was worth my money on the retail case. One auto, two black refractors, 5 refractors, 17 chromes, 64 SPs, 1 flashback relic, 3 clubhouse collections. I had 9 doubles of the shortprints that I'll list in a couple days for trade once I get my entire want list together. Hopefully someone on here can help me out and I can do the same.

No SSPs that I'm aware of. Is Topps making these worth the chase? I mean, right now, there are less than 10 auctions for these. I know some people are still figuring out what they have or don't have, but this set is for set builders. These chase cards are almost impossible to come by. I still need the Santana from last year!

I'll post my list hopfully by Wednesday.

Justin >>

Wow Justin, sure glad you think you got your money's worth. I am becoming more disappointed each year as we all hope and speculate what cards will and will not be there. A whole case and still not a set? Was it a full case you opened? Mr Eisner is still running a Mickey Mouse company in my opinion. Is everyone else happy with their pulls? Seems some of those Blasters had some good pulls. I have only opened up two boxes with two more on the way. I love a challenge, I just don't know if this is doeable without spending $400 to make a set. Hmmmmmm.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    If you make a set for $400 you did good.
  • Options
    Finally have my trade list together, pm me if we can help each other.

Needs:
    Short Prints: 427x2, 431, 437, 438, 439, 444x2, 446, 447, 450x2, 453, 455, 460, 461x2, 464, 469, 470, 477, 483, 484, 486, 488, 490, 491, 492, 493
    NF: 3
    NAP: 4, 5, 12, 13x2, 15
    Chrome: 4, 75, 84, 91
    Relics: Mench, Milledge, Upton, Utley
    Dual: Pujols/Musial
    Autos: Cardinals

Extras:
    Short Prints: 428x3, 432, 433, 434, 435x3, 440, 441, 445, 451x2, 452, 454, 456, 459x2, 465x3, 468x3, 472, 473, 475x2, 476, 479x4, 489x2, 495, 496x3, 497x2, 500x2
    BF: 1x3, 3, 4x3, 5x3, 6x2, 9
    NF: 1, 4, 8x2, 9
    T&N: 3x2, 6, 8x3
    NAP: 1x3, 6x2, 8, 10x2, 11, 14
    Chrome: 3, 11, 17x2, 18x2, 21, 22x2, 23, 38, 40, 43, 45x3, 46x3, 50, 54, 60, 61, 66, 71, 78x2, 79x3, 80, 86x3, 89, 90, 92, 93, 95x2, 100
    Refractors: 2, 3, 5, 6, 14, 22, 23, 28, 30, 31, 34, 37, 39, 43, 44, 46, 53, 59, 61, 62, 66, 67, 68, 70, 72, 75, 77, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95, 96
    Relics: Crawford, M. Ramirez, Podsednikx2, Tejada, Uggla Wright, Youkilis

• Options
    I think in the past there have been more cards in the set that you could make good money on, topps practically has nothing invested into this product. All
    the high end cards are redemption. Topps is basically waiting for us to give them our money for this product and then they will go out and get
    the autograph cards...what kind of precident is that? I really feel slighted this year as far as heritage. We all know about the autograph lies..heck topps
    couldn't even give us a checklist of them! not on the cards, not on the packs, not on the boxes. Did they do this on purpose because people would laugh if they saw this
    weak autograph list coming out with 1:305 pack odds??

I was looking through the cards I pulled tonight and almost half of them are printed poorly...dots all over the place. Maybe I got a bad lot of cards, but cmon
    topps.

I have always thought that I personally buy too much heritage every year. I feel like there are better values out there in baseball but I can't say no to
    buying heritage...usually every pack of retail I can find, but I can honestly say this year, that topps has made it easy to say no to this product. They
    have lied to us over its content, they have cut production back so that greedy dealers and distribtors can make a few bucks and they have sacraficed
    quality. Im only 15 cards from my set and I can't wait to complete it,but for the wrong reasons, this will be a year I would sooner just forget.

Shame on you topps

Kevin
  • Options
    Just made my first trade of the year, now it feels like Heritage season!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Well said Stalin!

Someone posted in another thread
    that you're looking at a 20 % return if you sell what you open from Topps these days.

That number may be too generous and it's only if you sell right away.
    If you wait a couple of months or years, you're looking at closer to 5 %.

Count me among those that love to bust the new stuff,
    but at this point Topps is basically just printing toilet paper ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Well said Stalin!

Someone posted in another thread
    that you're looking at a 20 % return if you sell what you open from Topps these days.

That number may be too generous and it's only if you sell right away.
    If you wait a couple of months or years, you're looking at closer to 5 %.

Count me among those that love to bust the new stuff,
    but at this point Topps is basically just printing toilet paper ... >>

Actually there is a guy every year who buys like 20 cases of heritage, you know who he is by all his ebay auctions. He told me he made several thousand
    this year on heritage alone.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i> Actually there is a guy every year who buys like 20 cases of heritage, you know who he is by all his ebay auctions. He told me he made several thousand
    Kevin >>

So he spent 15 thousand dollars to make 2 thousand piecing it off?
    Really? After paying postage, all his eBay and PayPal fees and figuring what his time was worth?

He'd be better off getting a job at McDonalds ... at least then he'd get a few benefits .... LMAO
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Actually there is a guy every year who buys like 20 cases of heritage, you know who he is by all his ebay auctions. He told me he made several thousand
    Kevin >>

So he spent 15 thousand dollars to make 2 thousand piecing it off?
    Really? After paying postage, all his eBay and PayPal fees and figuring what his time was worth?

He'd be better off getting a job at McDonalds ... at least then he'd get a few benefits .... LMAO >>

Do you have a better way of making 2K sitting on your butt ripping baseball cards?..and 20 cases didn't even cost close to 15K..but Im sure someone of your
    knowledge of topps would of known that.

Even in crap years, heritage is still the exception.....but I'm sure you have been on ebay checking prices and already knew that!

Kevin
  • Options
    Great! He made 2 thousand dollars!
    Hopefully that will carry him through till next year's heritage.

If he needs somewhere to live until then, I just bought a new frig
    instead of throwing my money away on Topps garbage and he's very welcome to live in the box it came in if he needs to ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    test

edit: woohoo! image (in honor of Randy)

I couldn't reach the login screen - it was starting to get mildly irritating to say the least. I found the solution over on the coin forum - looks like those coinheads are good for something after all! image

Doran, you can disregard my email now - problem solved!

Man, I really want my case to arrive. I was even ready to buy some blasters after work tonight, but alas, they are not to be found in central Cali yet.

edit #2 - if anyone else is having trouble logging, reply to this (or any other) thread. You'll get a login prompt along with the reply box - make sure you check the "I want to stay logged in" box.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Can't say I've seen this in the 4 years I've been posting on the Heritage site, but....fight, fight, fight
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    ok

So I was a tad premature in saying that Heritage hadn't hit Merced yet. As it turns out, my wife neglected to tell me about some mail that arrived - three yellow card packages! Woohoo! image. First package was from Roger - four Butlers for my registry. image Second package was from 4SC - two more Butlers image (but one is mislabeled - boooooo). Third package is from Doran. Hmm - I don't remember any trade correspondence with Doran. What gives here?

Oh my - 1/1 cut auto of Don Zimmer! Who cares if he wasn't on the auto checklist - Topps can stick it!! This is waaaay better than any of the crummy autos they are offering this year. Thanks so much, Doran - I love it!!

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    well, my snipe when off last night while I was asleep. Paid a bit more than I wanted but this will look nice with the other one (matching serial #s)

and the one I pulled:

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    ooo, matching serial numbers to boot. Very nice.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Geordie, glad you like it, I can't believe it made it there this fast.
    Mike, very nice this is the year of the Sox in Heritage.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Still waiting for my two hobby cases. And the guy from whom I bought them is "out of town" for two weeks. I've never had a problem with him before, but I'm sure LRCards customers said the same thing. Oh, well, maybe they'll show up today.
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny story…my soon-to-be 17-year-old son calls me from a neighboring city (~2.5 hours away) yesterday afternoon. He’s there for the state finals of DECA, a high-school marketing competition. The formal events ended that morning and he was out with a buddy browsing at Target. “Hey, Dad” he says, “how’s it going with Heritage?” I tell him that I opened my 5th of 6 hobby boxes the night before and was planning to open the last one tonight. He then asks if I was going to buy more and I say that I was hoping to buy some retail next week when we go down to Florida to visit his grandparents during spring break. Then he says “Don’t bother! I’m going to buy some for you right here!” I’m stunned by his generosity, thank him profusely, and tell him not to spend too much.

He calls back 10 minutes later and recounts what happened at check-out. “Seventy-two bucks plus tax?!?” he protested to the cashier, “It said $19.99 on the shelf!” She calls over the manager and he goes with my son to the card aisle, sees the signage, looks at the box of cards my son it trying to buy and says: “Looks fair to me, charge him $20.” And that is how my son walked out of Target with a full 24-pack retail box of Heritage for $19.99 plus tax. He didn’t know the difference between the 8-pack Blaster boxes (none of which were on the shelf) and the 24-count retail box meant to sell packs individually for $2.99 a pop, and apparently neither did management!
  • Options
    Thanks to some great guys like zep33 and HeritageAddict here are my updated lists.

What I need:
    SPs - 430, 438, 439, 446, and 485.
    NAP - 9.
    Chromes - 1, 9, 10, 14, 20, 24, 26, 32, 33, 48, 57, 64, 72, 85, 94, 96, 97, and 98.

What I have available for trade:
    SP - 429, 434, 435, 440, 443, 448, 451, 452, 454, 456, 457, 459, 462, 465, 467, 468, 482, and 496.
    News Flashback - 2, 4, 5, 6, and 9.
    Baseball Flashback - 1, 4, 5, 8, 9 and 10.
    Then and Now - 1, 5, 7, and 10.
    NAP - 2, 3, 6, 11, and 14.
    Chromes - 45, 77, and 89.
    Refractors - 2, 36, 38, 46, 48, 56, 92, 97, 98, and 99.
  • Options
    tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Box # 4
    Box top panel-Blackburn,Lewis,R.Ramirez.
    No buy back.
    8 SPs.
    5 Chrome
    1 BLACK Refractor-#86 Ryan Doumit 49/60
    NFB-2
    BBFB-2
    T&N-1
    NAP-1
    REAL ONE AUTO. Jack Harshman
    Best box yet. 2 more to go from my 1/2 case.
    The auto. and Black Ref. + a chrome were the top 3 packs in the box.
    Dave.
  • Options
    Just got home from Target, 4 blasters and 2 retail boxes!
  • Options
    I know it's still early, but there seems to be some regular heritage guys missing so far this year. Off the top of my head are magellan, tzahl (didnt do much either last year), and pharber. Anybody else noticeably absent?
  • Options

<< <i>Just got home from Target, 4 blasters and 2 retail boxes! >>

did the cashier look at you like you were insane? I get that look when I raid their heritage stash
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got home from Target, 4 blasters and 2 retail boxes! >>

did the cashier look at you like you were insane? I get that look when I raid their heritage stash >>

Nothing at my Target yet. When I asked if they were getting any new cards in. they pointed at some Hannah Montana stuff and said thats new.imageimage
  • Options
    No she actually didn't look at me funny this time, now if my wife had been with me she would have looked at me like I'm crazy. image

4 Blaster Box Totals
    11 Short Prints
    6 NF
    2 T&N
    2 NAP
    3 Chrome
    1 Refractor
  • Options
    Retail Box 1 Totals
    8 Short Prints
    2 BF
    2 NF
    1 T&N
    1 NAP
    6 Mayos
    3 Chrome
    1 Refractor
    Crawford Jersey

And on pack 980 I finally finished 1 master set, if I had purchased all of my packs at the $3.00 retail price my master set would have only cost me $2,940.00. image
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny story…my soon-to-be 17-year-old son calls me from a neighboring city (~2.5 hours away) yesterday afternoon. He’s there for the state finals of DECA, a high-school marketing competition. >>

Wow, I was in DECA a long time ago. Went to the state and national finals. Good times.
  • Options
    Retail Box 2
    9 Short Prints
    1 BF
    1 NF
    2 T&N
    2 NAP
    3 Chrome
    1 Refractor
    6 Mayo
    Wright Jersey
  • Options
    Retail at target in North Carolina,no blasters yet.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    What I need:
    SPs - 433, 473, 478, 483, 486, 492
    NAP – 1

Chromes – 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 15, 18, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 35, 36, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 48, 51, 52, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 63, 66, 68, 69, 70, 73, 74, 75, 78, 83, 84, 86, 87, 88, 94, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
    Refractors – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98

What I have available for trade:
    SP - 427, 430, 438, 444, 446, 455, 464, and 488
    News Flashback – 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10
    Baseball Flashback – 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10
    Then and Now – 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10
    NAP – 7, 12
    Chromes – 4, 11, 12, 13, 16, 21, 37 Fu*udome, 49, 54, 65 Griffey, 82, 90 Longoria, 91, 93, 95
    Clubhouse Collection – Drew, Uggla, Upton, Pedroia, Tejada, Milledge, Bucholz, Baldelli, Podsednik, Crawford, Maybin, Lester

Ron Samford (Senators) blue auto

***edit for trades
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
  • Options
    tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Box # 5
    Box topper panel-Piniella,Kazmir,Clement.
    buy back. #150 Billy Pierce.
    SPs-8
    Chrome-4
    Ref.-1
    NFB-2
    BB FB-2
    T&N-2
    NAP-2
    Clubhouse collection- Kevin Youkilis jersey.
    1 more left. Dave.