Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    haha
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Im calling personal foul on Zep, you can't post 999 AND 1000!

Will someone pull something nice already!

Kevin
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaster 7 = 3 SPS, 1 chrome, and 1 refractor

Blaster 8 = 4 SPs, 1 chrome, and a Carl Crawford jersey
  • Options
    Carl Crawford will be playing in a T-shirt this year since I have 3 pieces of his jersey already.
  • Options
    Blaster 9 = 2 SPs and 1 chrome

Blaster 10 = 2 SPs, 1 chrome, and 1 refractor
  • Options
    My two boxes from this afternoon yielded a Brooks Robinson Stadium Seat Relic from box 1.From box 2 I got a Jimmy Rollins Black Refractor and a Dick Gray(Cardinals) autograph.Not bad for 2 boxes.I have 4 more that I will bust on Friday from a sealed case I split with a buddy and my father.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Carl Crawford will be playing in a T-shirt this year since I have 3 pieces of his jersey already. >>

i can chip in two Nick'

• Options
    Nice couple of boxes Mike.
  • Options
    Blaster 11 = 3 SPs and 1 chrome

Blaster 12 = 2 SPs, and 1 black refractor (Ryan Doumit 40/60)

That's the 2nd black refractor in this blaster case. image
  • Options
    Thanks H.A.
    Mike
  • Options
    anyone putting this set in those 8 card pages for sideways cards?

Wonder if it would add up correctly to use a 9 card page mixed in for the manager and WS cards

• Options

<< <i>My two boxes from this afternoon yielded a Brooks Robinson Stadium Seat Relic from box 1.From box 2 I got a Jimmy Rollins Black Refractor and a Dick Gray(Cardinals) autograph.Not bad for 2 boxes.I have 4 more that I will bust on Friday from a sealed case I split with a buddy and my father.
    Mike >>

Wow you not only killed the odds but you picked up its dead body and smacked it around for good measure! NICE.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Nice couple of boxes Mike. >>

yes they were
  • Options
    Blaster 13 - 3 SPs and 1 chrome

Blaster 14 - 3 SPs and 2 chromes

Last 2 blasters coming up.
  • Options
    Wow, so there is a cut inserted into blaster boxes? By my math that would make the total print run now 700,000 packs plus jumbos...were there
    cuts in the jumbo boxes?

Nick...two black refractor LOL, these odds make no sense!

KEvin
  • Options
    Blaster 15 - 2 SPs, 1 chrome, 1 refractor, and 1 Jon Lester jersey

Blaster 16 - 3 SPs and 1 chrome
  • Options
    Hi Nick!!

Edit to add: Aren't you the one that always says this thread is worthless without scans?
  • Options

<< <i>1000 >>

Wouldn't the last post on page 50 be 1000?
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Got my first hobby box:

8 Short Prints
    4 Chromes - 27,41,51,56
    0 Refractors
    2 BF
    2 NF
    2 T&N
    1 NAP
    Lastings Milledge game used bat

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    16 box blaster case totals
    43 SPs
    14 chromes
    3 refractors
    2 black refractors
    8 NAP's (7 diff. + 1 dupe)
    10 T&N (full set)
    10 BF's (9 diff. + 1 dupe)
    11 NF's (full set + 1)
    2 clubhouse collections - Lester and Crawford
  • Options
    I have 4 hobby boxes of 2009 Topps Heritage in hand and ready to ship. $77 delivered or 2 for $150. They will go to E-Bay tomorrow night if unsold. My E-bay ID is rimonkeycollectibles and I have 100% feedback. PM if interested.

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>16 box blaster case totals
    43 SPs
    14 chromes
    3 refractors
    2 black refractors
    8 NAP's (7 diff. + 1 dupe)
    10 T&N (full set)
    10 BF's (9 diff. + 1 dupe)
    11 NF's (full set + 1)
    2 clubhouse collections - Lester and Crawford >>

so by my count 320 bucks in retail doesn't even get you ink and only 2/5th's of the sp set with perfect coalltion? Maybe Im missing something Nick, and I know
    you didn't pay anything close to 20 bucks per box, but why would anyone buy retail when this is the result?
  • Options

<< <i>so by my count 320 bucks in retail doesn't even get you ink and only 2/5th's of the sp set with perfect coalltion? Maybe Im missing something Nick, and I know
    you didn't pay anything close to 20 bucks per box, but why would anyone buy retail when this is the result? >>

First and foremost, at only $12.50 per blaster, when I'm going to buy at least 16 blasters over the next 2+ months anyway, it just makes financial sense.

Edited to add: If there were no dupes, 43 of 75 is almost 3/5ths of the SPs, not 2/5ths.
  • Options
    so you only paid 200 bucks for that blaster case? Big diff you are right.

K
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    nick, nice work - 2 blacks.

kevin, this isn't a bad rip....16blasters = 128 packs = 5 boxes + 8 packs. For 5.33 boxes, 43 sp's is the exact amount expected and the same as hobby, and his chromes and refractors (/560) come out perfectly the same as hobby rips. AND he got 2 black refractors, which i think is good for an entire 12 box hobby case. Consider that this blaster box was probably ~200, thats less than $40 per 24 pack box.....consider that most cases even at the best preorder price were running about $55/box. AND....

So YES, retail is the way to go. oh, and yes the jumbo boxes do have a cut auto possibility. 1 per 33,480 packs.

• Options
    I was basing my math on paying 20 bucks per blaster which is what most of us do late at night when we are in walmart with no other
    alternative. At 200 bucks a case he did very well.

So there must be 3 cuts and not two in all of heritage. Is it safe to assume that there are only 33,000 jumbo packs? Actually that seems like a lot.

Kevin
  • Options
    There have to be more than 3 cuts, the blasters had different cut auto odds as well 1:214,000
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Well, if there are 33480 jumbo packs, then that is EXACTLY 279 cases of jumbo....since there's 120 packs/case.

We still haven't seen the retail 24/8 box wrapper to finish the analysis.
    Anyone got one yet?

I say there CANNOT be just one cut per type of pack and here's why:

cut odds black odds(#/60, 6000 total) ref odds (#/560, 56000 total)
    hobby = 1:250k 1:255 1:23
    blaster = 1:214k 1:260 1:31
    jumbo = 1:33480 1:146 1:16

IF you were to assume 1 cut per type, that means that
    there would be these number of total cards in each type (take the odds and divide by total packs assuming only 1 cut):

black #/60 refr(#/560)
    hobby 980 10870
    blaster 823 6903
    jumbo 230 2093
    ??where?? 3967 36134 <---- these are unaccounted for
    -------------- ------------------
    Total 6000 56000 <---- we know the totals MUST be this many

SO its safe to say there's many more packs out there than just ~500k. I mean they have to find packs to put the other blacks and refractors.

• Options
    So we know for sure that there will be 24 count retail boxes?

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>So we know for sure that there will be 24 count retail boxes?

yes, I ordered one on Sunday from MLB.com for $85.00. They have blasters too

• Options
    shhhh...don't tell anyone
  • Options
    null retail

found another one null
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So we know for sure that there will be 24 count retail boxes?

Kevin >>

There had better be - that's what I ordered. Approximately one week from now - can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    ok - I know it's in here somewhere. Can someone give me access to a checklist please.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    are these all misspelled?

• Options
    all 13 of mine are misspelled

• Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    It's also "Pettite" on the ad panel box topper.
  • Options
    But Pettitte is spelled correctly on the chrome.
  • Options
    Additional info. All sp's from six cases opened have a dark back, no white backs yet

Any comments on the red/orange color variations or is this just going to be deemed a normal printing color range thing ? ?

<< <i>Ok here is a new item question regarding variations.
    My "fill-in" card source asked me if anything has been mentioned about color variations in the shades of colors in the player names. He cracked six cases and reports that on card 330 he has 22 with clearly red letters and three with clearly orange of the same letters in Franklin Gutierrez [F A K I etc]
    He also reports that the same condition appears on Card 409 Kurt Suzuki 23 red and 3 orange.
    He says he has fourteen cards so far with this colored letter variation in the base 300 and 400 group and is still looking
    He also said that he pulled no super sp's in those six cases.

Any additional info will be passed on to the board.. I'll feed back to him any replies provided...
    Regards,
    Charlie >>

• Options
    We saw the same thing last year on the 1959 style cards with red borders so I really think it is just a standard printing deviation and not any kind of variation.
  • Options

<< <i>.........on card 330 he has 22 with clearly red letters and three with clearly orange of the same letters in Franklin Gutierrez [F A K I etc]
    He also reports that the same condition appears on Card 409 Kurt Suzuki 23 red and 3 orange......... >>

Card #409 Kurt Suzuki's letters are yellow and white.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll get a complete accurate list and get back to the board.

<< <i>

<< <i>.........on card 330 he has 22 with clearly red letters and three with clearly orange of the same letters in Franklin Gutierrez [F A K I etc]
    He also reports that the same condition appears on Card 409 Kurt Suzuki 23 red and 3 orange......... >>

Card #409 Kurt Suzuki's letters are yellow and white. >>

• Options
    My 2 cents on my 3 hobby box rip...

13 chrome, 3 refractors, 3 relics (Rocco Baldelli, Kevin Youkilis, and Ernie Banks Flashback Crosley Field seat). I'm not sure how many SPs I pulled, but I didn't get Thom Glavine. All in all, not a bad 3 box rip.
  • Options
    If the chrome pettitte is spelled right you have to believe that there is a corrected SP somewhere...you would think!

Kevin
  • Options
    What would be a good estimate of how much it would cost to put a master set (base, SP's, inserts, not including Chrome) together through hobby?

If there are 75 SPS seeded 1:3, with perfect coalation you would need to open 225 packs or 10 hobby boxes.
    Obviously you will get a number of SP doubles which you could trade for the ones you dont have, but you would probably need more SPs
    to have enough trade bait so maybe a couple more boxes.
    So basically someone needs to open at least a case of Heritage to put together a master set?
    I would assume you would have all of the other insert sets (T&N, NAP, NF, BF) and short set as well through twelve boxes...

I've opened 3 hobby boxes so far, and have loved opening it, but I'm not sure I can afford another $500-600 just to complete the set

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    took me 2 cases but even with 2 case you could still end up 5-6 SPs short

• Options
    After opening a case myself, I could only put together one BASE set and a friend of mine opened a case and was missing base card #391! Luckily I had three so I gave him one. Last night, about five of us who have each opened one case did a flurry of trades and I was the only one who walked away with a complete master set although the other guys were very close to completing theirs. If you are looking to complete you set by buying boxes and trading then I would recommend you get 12 boxes in order to have enough cards to comfortably trade for a complete master set. Obviously,it would be cheaper to buy a complete set on Ebay but where is the fun in that???

Craig in Texas
  • Options

<< <i>If the chrome pettitte is spelled right you have to believe that there is a corrected SP somewhere...you would think!

Kevin >>

then maybe there's a Aramis Ramirez regular card with his whole name on it. I think Nick said his whole name is on the chrome
  • Options
    Yes, the Aramis chrome does have his full name. I doubt that their are Pettitte and Aramis variations. I'm sure that they are simply uncorrected errors.

Craig in Texas