Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL 2009 Topps Heritage Thread

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>......I'm sure that's because many of us are still awaiting product......... >>

Bingo.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    It may be another week before I get mine.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>I did some diggin on the 1960 topps set for variations. There could be more out there for 09. This is what is listed in the Beckett online price guide for card numbers with different descriptions

9 Faye Thorneberry
    9a Faye Thorneberry yankees logo

58 Gino Cimoli
    58a cardinals logo

70 Lew Burdette UER
    card spelled LOU on front and back =(Tom Glavine)

102 Kent Hadley
    102a athletics logo

346 J. C. Martin UER (face actually Gary Peters)
    407 Gary Peters (face actually J. C. Martin)

488 Norm Cash shown in Indians cap but listed as Tiger
    it also lists cards 375-440 as having a matching white back

***hanley ramirez is #488, so there has to be a variation for these other numbers >>

• Options
    Is everyone thinking that card #35 Pettitte, which on the front is misspelled Pettite, is just a mistake? The back has the correct spelling.
  • Options
    I think it's a mistake. Card #35 in 1960 set is Whitey Ford and they don't say it's an error. Kinda like last year for the Tigers team card, it said National league on the front.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I did some diggin on the 1960 topps set for variations. There could be more out there for 09. This is what is listed in the Beckett online price guide for card numbers with different descriptions

9 Faye Thorneberry
    9a Faye Thorneberry yankees logo

58 Gino Cimoli
    58a cardinals logo

70 Lew Burdette UER
    card spelled LOU on front and back =(Tom Glavine)

102 Kent Hadley
    102a athletics logo

346 J. C. Martin UER (face actually Gary Peters)
    407 Gary Peters (face actually J. C. Martin)

488 Norm Cash shown in Indians cap but listed as Tiger
    it also lists cards 375-440 as having a matching white back >>

I am pretty sure there are no variations for the rare 1960 logo variations since Throneberry, Cimoli, Hadley all changed teams late in the offseason and the common card has their new team logo, but their player photo has them pictured with their old team. The ultra rare variation has their old logos on the card (matching the team they are pictured with).

In the 2009 Topps Heritage Set #9, #58, and #102 are Brad Hawpe, Connor Jackson, and Adrian Gonzalez respectively none of whom changed teams last offseason.

The 346 JC Martin and 407 Gary Peters mixup is interesting because 346 and 407 in the 09 Heritage set are Fred Lewis and Randy Winn. Both of whom are African American players for the Giants, making a "mixup" plausable. The original 1960 mixup featured two White Sox.

We obviously know about the Burdette and the Cash cards. What I find interesting is niether of the 1960 cards that have been confirmed variations were actually variations in the 1960 set. They are just uncorrected errors. Does anyone have a scan of the 09 Heritage #346 and #407 cards to see if they are in fact switched?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Since I didn't post any scans last night and I really need a break from sorting right now I thought I would post scans of the highlights from my two cases.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    So I stop in a small local shop last Friday, the only one I know of around here & I really have never dealt with. Since I don't really go for the recent stuff I pretty much just stay online. So I ask "do you have any of the 2009 Heritage baseball?" The shop owner replies - "never heard of it" - so I tell him it's just been released this week and I would be interested if he gets some in his shop. He says maybe next week, he will check on it.
    Today I stop in and he doesn't remember me. I ask "did you get in any of the 2009 Heritage baseball?"
    He replies "oh yeah that's our top selling product, can't keep it on the shelf. Would you like a box it's only $95 per box"

I won't go back there
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Ok here is a new item question regarding variations.
    My "fill-in" card source asked me if anything has been mentioned about color variations in the shades of colors in the player names. He cracked six cases and reports that on card 330 he has 22 with clearly red letters and three with clearly orange of the same letters in Franklin Gutierrez [F A K I etc]
    He also reports that the same condition appears on Card 409 Kurt Suzuki 23 red and 3 orange.
    He says he has fourteen cards so far with this colored letter variation in the base 300 and 400 group and is still looking
    He also said that he pulled no super sp's in those six cases.

Any additional info will be passed on to the board.. I'll feed back to him any replies provided...
    Regards,
    Charlie
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I stop in a small local shop last Friday, the only one I know of around here & I really have never dealt with. Since I don't really go for the recent stuff I pretty much just stay online. So I ask "do you have any of the 2009 Heritage baseball?" The shop owner replies - "never heard of it" - so I tell him it's just been released this week and I would be interested if he gets some in his shop. He says maybe next week, he will check on it.
    Today I stop in and he doesn't remember me. I ask "did you get in any of the 2009 Heritage baseball?"
    He replies "oh yeah that's our top selling product, can't keep it on the shelf. Would you like a box it's only $95 per box"

I won't go back there >>

Haha classy.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I stop in a small local shop last Friday, the only one I know of around here & I really have never dealt with. Since I don't really go for the recent stuff I pretty much just stay online. So I ask "do you have any of the 2009 Heritage baseball?" The shop owner replies - "never heard of it" - so I tell him it's just been released this week and I would be interested if he gets some in his shop. He says maybe next week, he will check on it.

I won't go back there >>

How does that guy stay in business...what a tool....
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Lunctime break:

It was a Bruce box

I'm a little embarassed about 2 autos in 3 boxes.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lunctime break:

It was a Bruce box

I'm a little embarassed about 2 autos in 3 boxes. >>

nice!!!!
  • Options
    So I was all excited because my next two boxes were scheduled to arrive at my office today via UPS. While tracking online, I get this message:

"DALLAS, TX, US 03/03/2009 1:20 P.M. A CORRECT SUITE NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION
    03/03/2009 4:28 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY"

I am hacked! Where is my Heritage???
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>So I was all excited because my next two boxes were scheduled to arrive at my office today via UPS. While tracking online, I get this message:

"DALLAS, TX, US 03/03/2009 1:20 P.M. A CORRECT SUITE NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION

I am hacked! Where is my Heritage??? >>

had that same message 2 weeks ago while I was waiting for my Mantle auto to show. The driver delivered it about 5 minutes later. My apartment # was right on the box too.
  • Options
    Nice pull Pumpsie! Mike how long before you start ripping your next case?
  • Options
    I dunno, pretty burnt out opening and sorting for 4 days.

Felt good last night to just watch you guys rip.
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Was looking forward to picking up my half-case from my dealer this evening but he called me this afternoon to tell me that his distributor didn't get his cases on the UPS truck yesterday so I have to wait one more day. This is killing me...
  • Options

<< <i>So I was all excited because my next two boxes were scheduled to arrive at my office today via UPS. While tracking online, I get this message:

I am hacked! Where is my Heritage??? >>

Just got off the phone with the UPS people the idiot ebay seller didn't put my office suite number on the package....Now I have to go pick it up this evening. At least I'll have it tonight. Wow. The idiocracy of this is incredible.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    NEW VARIATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got an email from Brent, he has found another variation...Smoltz red sox! He said it has a white back also, so it looks like these are easy
    to spot from the back. Check your cards!!!!!!!!

Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin, did you talk to your buddy at Topps to find out if these are hobby only variations again this year?
  • Options
    Just a side note, what are the dual autos numbered to or are they?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>Just a side note, what are the dual autos numbered to or are they? >>

• Options
    Crap, I thought I had pulled something pretty rare. Note sure 6,287,453 would fit on the header line on EBay if I sell. Especially if it's numbered 4,761,220 of 6,287,453.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
    My case is in today. I have to pick it up, probably cant til Saturday. Everybody must have this stuff by now? Looking forward to getting it. Dave
  • Options
    someone must be opening something tonight

• Options
    where the (&#(*&# is retail?
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Good question.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I'll be ripping around 9 or 10 central have to drive to UPS building and pick it up.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Here is my need list, will have dup list up soon.

Who can help me??

126 x2

SP's
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    The guy from whom I bought two cases e-mailed me that he's shipping them on Friday. Maybe I'll have them Monday...or Tuesday...or whenever.

As for retail, I once spoke with the people putting out the blaster boxes, etc., at my local Meijer store (similar to Super Walmart). They contract with retailers to stock the cards. They said they usually add new stock on Wednesdays, so maybe some will show up tomorrow.
  • Options
    My retail case from Lockwood will be here on Friday....he sent me the UPS tracking number earlier today!
  • Options
    Question to all heritage freaks:

I have noticed what some of the rarer 2009 heritage cards are going for on ebay. Cards of Bob Wilson, Johnny Groth, and Ray Webster, none of these guys I knew
    before a few days ago. Are these prices the usual heritage hype as master master set builders want every single card? What will this do to the prices of
    rare heritage cards of guys who actually mattered...Duke Snider, Stan Musial, Ernie Banks.....?

Can you justify selling a rare heritage autograph bat card of a hall of famer like Yogi Berra for 150 bucks, when guys who rode the bench are closing
    for close to that if not more right now?

Is this just a product of crazy heritage collectors wanting the newest cards, or will these "new cards of heritage" push the older HOF'ers way up?

Kevin
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I ripped two hobby boxes tonight. Im not up on the SP's and dont know what to scan. I did pull 2 buy backs and a couple jerseys.

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    bhelser

PM's sent to you
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    Kevin, I really think that it is just the new Heritage rush boosting prices. I think after awhile we will see the prices start to fall on the scrubs just like they always do. I don't know that it will push past years big names up in price, but should the update set contain some hall of famers I think those prices will be higher than normal.
  • Options
    so far just 3 variations.....man you gotta feel bad for John Smoltz collectors...laying down 100+ on non autographed cards is gott hurt after a while.

Kevin
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My retail case from Lockwood will be here on Friday....he sent me the UPS tracking number earlier today! >>

If Lockwood's cases are coming from Tinton Falls, NJ then I will have my Heritage on Friday as well! I assume that is it since it is 52lbs and coming from NJ, but I don't see where it says who it is from.
  • Options
    Wow $242.50 for the Glavine.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Here's my theory on the SP's.

They are super rare in the regular set because Topps is going to include them in the update. Sneaky way of boosting sales of the update. Just a guess.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    I still have not seen a picture of the backs of these super sp's..anyone else?

• Options
    It is strange that none of the sellers have included scans of the backs.
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Old Tom or Thom sold for more $ than an 01 Heritage box would sell for!! What recession? Craig in Ohio
  • Options

<< <i>It is strange that none of the sellers have included scans of the backs. >>

Ill email Brent for a scan or two.

Kevin
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I picked up two more boxes today because they were $59. One of them had this.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Nice pull on the Pedrioa! What number is it?
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Man Jim

You might be able to pay for most of what you spent just by that card..nice!

Kevin
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Congrats.