Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dear Mr. Skowron (My 2006 Allen & Ginter auto TTM project)

Comments

• Options
    are you planning to slab these cards by PSA or keep them raw?

btw, i commend you on your diligence. Your project is what this hobby is all about.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>are you planning to slab these cards by PSA or keep them raw?

btw, i commend you on your diligence. Your project is what this hobby is all about. >>

Thanks. I'd proably have to come into a large inheritance to even consider having these all slabbed. The thought does have some appeal, but I think I'd rather keep these more accessible in the binder.
  • Options

Holy crap. A turnaround time of 726 days on this TTM, just a few days shy of two years and smashing Dusty Baker's previous record of 470 days.

The frustrating part is that I recently started chipping away at this again and bought a Hardy auto on eBay just a week or two ago. Here are a couple other recent pickups, bringing my total to 163 out of the possible 310...

imageimage

And for good measure here's a link to my Photobucket album of these.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    +1 for a thread resurrection, especially one of my all time favorites.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Holy crap. A turnaround time of 726 days on this TTM, just a few days shy of two years and smashing Dusty Baker's previous record of 470 days.
    >>

Isn't it amazing when stuff that was long forgotten comes back? I mailed a golf ball to Colin Montgomerie in 2005...and it showed up here 3 months ago.
  • Options

Nothing too exciting, but 2 more down is 2 more down. And at this rate I should be finished by..... hmmm. Yikes.

imageimage
  • Options
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Where does that put you at completion wise Bryon?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    wow, one of my favorite threads has resurrected. Nice pickups, Bryon!
  • Options

<< <i>Where does that put you at completion wise Bryon? >>

That's 165 of 310... 53.2%. I'll probably continue to chip away at this, but 100% completion seems unlikely... unless Barry Bonds ever wakes up one day not a jackass. image

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Instead of a Sharpie, include one of those syringe-style pens a lot of doctors carry around.

Don't expect to get it back though.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

Why do all my projects take so damn long? image Going on 3 years with this one. Progress is progress, I suppose. A new pickup...

• Options

Chip, chip, chip...

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Bryon,

Never saw this thread before ... I LOVE IT! Those cards are AWESOME for autos!

Good luck and keep the pictures coming.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Thanks. A pseudo milestone I noticed when tucking the Randolph card away this afternoon... it provided me with the first full page of signed cards in the album I keep the set in. Yep, I'm a complete dork. These are cards 289-297, seven managers and a couple other notables.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Bryon. Good to see you around here, please make it a habit.

Nice avatar too. image
  • Options
    lucasjlucasj Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    glad i'm not the only one that gets excited about filling a page in an album of an autograph set. i've filled up i think 5 in my 87 Topps FB set and am so close to filling a bunch more. someday i suppose. i don't think you're a dork at all. or maybe we're both dorks.
    1987 Topps FB - Signed
    1989 Hoops BB - Signed
    Seattle Seahawks & Mariners Key Cards
    Selectively Random Cards That Make Me Happy
  • Options
    good to hear from you, Bryon - thanks for the update on a very cool set & thread.
  • Options

Of the four Lees in this set, I now have sigs from Derek, Cliff and Travis. Carlos is the last holdout. image

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭✭
    how did you get the Randolph? I heard he is a toughie
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>how did you get the Randolph? I heard he is a toughie >>

That was an eBay pickup as most of my additions are anymore. I believe I've pretty much exhausted the TTM possibilities with these. If they come up on eBay, I check them out pretty thoroughly against other examples before I pull the trigger. There were 3 others I needed on eBay last week, but they all seemed a bit off to me... so I passed. They may well have been legit, but I'd forever feel uneasy about them. Thinking about it now though, it probably would have been worth it to get a PSA/DNA quick opinion on at least one since they were all from the same seller.
  • Options
    Bryon - any new updates on this beautiful set?
  • Options

<< <i>Bryon - any new updates on this beautiful set? >>

Your timing is impeccable. Just got these two in the mail today. A bunch more on the way.

imageimage
  • Options

The last of the four Lees! What a milestone.

• Options

Nice big haul with some big names...

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I love it... how many more sigs do you need for the full set?
  • Options

<< <i>The last of the four Lees! What a milestone.

image >>

Congrats on the Carlos! I know he's a tough sig to get.

TTM via 'Stros spring training or eBay?
  • Options

Lee was an eBay find as were the rest of these most recent pickups... It's been nice. My goal for the whole year was 12 additions and I'm already there. These two came in today. 180 down, 130 to go.

imageimage

• Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Those Allen & Ginters are perfect for autographs. Very nice.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What a great auto to get this particular October. I suppose it's lucky for me that Leyland had some time to kill until the Series starts. I sent this out just 12 days ago.

Interesting note -- according to Wikipedia, Leyland claims to watch the movie Hoosiers at least once a week.

image >>

Leyland's signature looks like a stickman baseball player. image
  • Options

<< <i>Leyland's signature looks like a stickman baseball player. image >>

Hah! And a bit anatomically correct even.
  • Options

Looks legit to me, but I may send it in sometime to boost (or diminish) my confidence....

• Options

Comes with JSA authentication. Woohoo!

• Options

I go from David Wright and Ichiro to Mr. Ho-Hum, but it's another one down.

• Options
  • Options

Coming up on 4 years on this project. Slow going. 187 out of the possible 310.

A few pickups over the last couple months or so...

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Chip... Chip.... Chip....
  • Options

Couple recent arrivals...

imageimage
  • Options

Still going...

imageimage
  • Options
    WTG .. always nice to get returns after they have been out for a while.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
  • Options
    Good stuff image
  • Options

Due for an update...

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    So how many do you now have?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

That's 195 out of the possible 310.
  • Options

The glacial pace continues. Only four pickups over the last half year...

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    It's always great to see one of my favorite threads bumped with an update.

• Options
    So that puts you at 199? Very good. Hoping #200 is a special one.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Comes with JSA authentication. Woohoo!

image >>

This auto would be more sick if he would have signed slightly lower on the card. Still, I love this one the most. Dead sexy. Meatloaf
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    100 x 4