Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dear Mr. Skowron (My 2006 Allen & Ginter auto TTM project)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Wow! This is absolutely an amazing idea and adventure that you are undertaking! Very inspiring and something I may think about doing as well. I really like the idea of using an A&G set, not only because they look great, but because you reach out to more than just baseball.

Justin

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>... not only because they look great, but because you reach out to more than just baseball. >>

That was the appeal for me as well. Also, even though it's taking forever, the set still seems a manageable size at 310.

If you were to take on a similar project, a membership at www.sportscollectors.net is practically essential ... only $15 a year for a boatload of information and resources.

And thanks, all, for the comments.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Probably sending out my last TTM ever for this project tomorrow because only a few of the folks I still need to sign EVER sign TTM. Don't think I've ever shared this here before, but below is the back of the TTM request letter I've sent out ever since shortly after I got my first returns. Obviously, it's been updated and tweaked several times since then, but this version, which is headed to Mariano Rivera (my 3rd or 4th attempt with that guy) is likely the last. Sure, it's cheesy, and I don't know if it helped any with my success rate or only served to expose me as a complete nerd, but it was always fun to mess with. I created it on a QuarkXPress document, so it was easy to sub scans of individual cards in and out. I hand-write the actual request on the other side and fold the card inside with the scanned side showing and serving as a kind of wrapping paper. Like I said... total dork.