Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dear Mr. Skowron (My 2006 Allen & Ginter auto TTM project)

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Yet another from Tucson Electric Park, spring training home of the White Sox...

• Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    I am only at 38 signed for the A&G set. I am working on numerous other signed sets including 2005 Bowman Heritage, 2006 Topps Heritage, 2006 Bowman Heritage, 2006 Topps '52 Rookie Edition, and 2007 Topps Heritage.

If you have any extras of any of these sets, please let me know.

Some of my recent A&Gs (IP from ST)

A couple TTM

My newest set to work on.

This website has some great auto collectors both TTM and IP. Check it out.
    http://www.sasesportssigs.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=665
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    Copper - Why so many Indians....are you near Winter Haven???
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Copper - Why so many Indians....are you near Winter Haven??? >>

Indians Fan fest last week at Cypress Gardens. I was visiting Dodgers camp in Vero and decided to drive over to the Fan Fest.
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    Looks like it was worth the trip...nice autos
  • Options

This came yesterday. I'm not a big Yankees fan, but from an aesthetic perspective, it's one of my favorite cards in the set.

• Options

Really didn't have much expectation of getting this one back. Very pleasantly surprised.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Nice job image

What's that under Bobby's name? His number?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

Yep, his number... 6.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Man, I hope I get a Bobby Cox back also! A nice surprise today:
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options

Nice Wagner there, Jim! That's a HUGE surprise. Of course, now I'm ticked that I didn't even bother trying him at spring training. Dagnabbit!
  • Options

<< <i>Of course, now I'm ticked that I didn't even bother trying him at spring training. Dagnabbit! >>

I can't tell you how many times I've said that looking at your posts the last month Bryon! I got Terry Francona today.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options

Mailed this one to a show Gibson was signing at this past weekend.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you have to pay for the Gibson?

Shane

• Options

The more Blue Jays players I can get while they're in Florida, the better... not looking forward to having to mess with Canadian postage.

• Options
    nice return i got today....

what a waste!
  • Options

Dang, reminds me of a classic Simpsons epsiode I just saw the other day...

It's the day of the Springfield Swap Meet. Bart, Nelson, and Milhouse check out Ned Flanders' booth.

Bart: Oh boy! Free trading cards!
    Milhouse: Wow! Joseph of Arimathea! Twenty six conversions in A.D. 46.
    Nelson: Whoa, a Methuselah rookie card!
    Flanders: Heh heh, well boys, who'd have thought learning about religion could be fun?
    Bart: Religion?
    Milhouse: Learning?
    Nelson: Let's get out of here!
  • Options
    Wow, what's going on with the Claussen? If he did that, he's a real dick.
  • Options

<< <i> If he did that, he's a real dick. >>

I agree! When i looked at it just shook my head.
    what a LOSER!
  • Options
    Does he want us to think about Jesus?
    Does he think he's Jesus?
    Did he forget his name and Jesus was the first name that popped into his head?
    What is his point?
  • Options
    Wish I was able to say I got this one through my own ingenuity and cunning, but I owe this particular success completely to someone who was kind enough to give me a great tip. The tip was given with the understanding that I would keep the info to myself and I promised to do that.

Edited to add that I'm cracking open a beer right now in my tipster's honor. Here's to ya! image
  • Options
    Very nice Tyson! How'd you get it? image

And I hadn't looked at this thread in a while but may Brandon Claussen have a wonderful season...in AAA.
  • Options

Guess I must have caught Claussen while he was feeling more himself...

... though I believe that's supposed to be a Cross at the end of his name. And that's fine. As long as there's a discernible B at the beginning, I'm counting it.

Not really sure what to make of the "Jesus"-signed Claussen cards. He certainly may have done it himself, but I think it's also possible someone in the clubhouse was messing around.
  • Options

Finley represents my 50th successful return from spring training.

Also, for anyone interested, I finally put an album of all these autographs together via Photobucket for easier navigation.

Here's a link, and I hope it works. If you have any problems accessing it or have any suggestions for improvements and your name isn't Arthur, please let me know. (Just kidding, Arthur.)
  • Options

The mailman's treating me well this week.

imageimage
  • Options
    I couldn't remember a Punto being posted before, so here's the one that came in the mail today:
  • Options

Particularly happy to get the Cameron. I hadn't received any returns back from the Padres at spring training prior to this, and I was starting to think I'd sent them all to a bad address.

imageimage
  • Options
    Bryon,

The album looks GREAT!

such an awesome project....

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Options
    Fantastic spring training for you image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I'm considering starting something similar. Any idea how regular season attempts would compare to spring training? My only attempt was Steve Kerr (bsk) and I got it back signed over 2 years later.
    WTB:
    CINCINNATI REDS
    1976 - 1991 - Topps PSA 10
    1983 & 1985 Fleer PSA 10
    1985 Donruss PSA 10
    Blue Ink Signed Topps Cards
    Game-Used Bats/Jerseys
    OPC PSA 10
    MC & OC Cards

OTHER:
    Eric Davis Anything
    Votto, Willingham, Cantu, Doumit, Gomes
    Baron Davis Game Used Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>I'm considering starting something similar. Any idea how regular season attempts would compare to spring training? My only attempt was Steve Kerr (bsk) and I got it back signed over 2 years later. >>

ryaneversole -- I didn't get into this project until October of last year, so I really have no experience with regular season attempts yet, but I don't expect it to go nearly as well. And that's only because all the active players in the A&G set who have a good history of signing through the mail have already gotten (or at least were sent) requests from me during spring training.

Generally, though, I think it mostly depends on who you're sending to. The best source I know of for information on who is likely to sign and when is www.sportscollectors.net. A subscription costs about $15 a year, and I'd highly recommend it for any larger project. Good luck if you decide to give it a go.

blindflyer and Stown -- Thanks for the nice comments.
  • Options

With Derrek last month and Cliff today, I now have autographs from two out of the five people with the last name Lee in this set. Still to come: Carlos, Travis and Robert E. image

• Options
    Looks like you had a good week Bryon! Here's what came for me this week:

• Options
    Nice pick-ups, Jim.

I've been out of town for the past week or so and had these waiting for me when I got back. They're my first successful returns from regular-season requests. Actually, I also got Matt Holliday back, but I'm pretty well convinced it was ghost-signed. The sig doesn't compare well at all to certified versions I've checked. I'm not 100% sure on this Santana either, but I'm counting it for now.

imageimage
  • Options

I've been waiting for this one for what seemed like forever -- 108 days to be exact, a period that included his stint in the hospital. Well worth the wait, though, and well worth the $35 donation to the Nolan Ryan Foundation. It's really an incredible deal considering what other folks charge. Julio Lugo, for example, will sign your card at a show in Massachusetts this weekend for $55.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff! Glad I finally decided to go through this thread. image
  • Options
  • Options
    I got my Ryan this week as well:

I have a friend that is a consultant for Topps.The big Mainland Edition Trade Conference was held last week and Topps produced A&G's (2007 version) for the big wigs. The idea was to increase interaction. People would walk up to each other and ask for their card. You could only give it to the person requesting the card if they had one to give in return. Here's my friend Alan's. Of course I had him sign it:

• Options

Jim -- Now there's a set that would be a challenge. Ha! Thanks for sharing.

• Options

Well, the frequency of returns is back to a trickle... and is likely to stay that way.

Pleasantly surprised to get "El Duque" today...

• Options
    I really enjoy this project. I'm hoping that I can get my hands on a few of the Devil Rays or Braves A&G cards to get signed next year, because they turn out soooo nice.
  • Options
    Nice--and I thought the fun was over.
    Good luck going forward. Here's to hoping the trickle becomes a flood again. image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice--and I thought the fun was over.
    Good luck going forward. Here's to hoping the trickle becomes a flood again. image >>

Thanks, and keep thinking those good thoughts -- they must have brought me some luck today.

• Options
    Wow, Hernandez!!
    Here's my returns for the week:
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    I just got 5 cards back from Gomes including an A&G---he kept the sharpie though. I wonder...
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I heard really late in spring training that Rivera was signing cards TTM. I sent him one, knowing it was a long shot because spring training was almost over. Well, it came today postmarked from the Bronx.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I heard really late in spring training that Rivera was signing cards TTM. I sent him one, knowing it was a long shot because spring training was almost over. Well, it came today postmarked from the Bronx.
    image >>

Great looking card...He is a decent signer, I sent him a baseball this spring and got it back signed.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Nice one, Jim. You know, I sent to Rivera at the very beginning of spring training, but apparently I'm one of the few who didn't get a return. Really grinds my gears. I'll probably try him again before long.
  • Options

I won't bother posting a scan, but I got a signed card back from Tony La Russa today that I sent out with my very first batch of requests on Oct. 6, 2006. I sent it care of the Cardinals address in St. Louis. I'd given up on it and sent out another to their spring training camp in February-- that one I got back in 10 days. Just wanted to note today's return because, for me, it sets a new longevity mark for a success at 207 days. Go figure.
  • Options

This is definitely one of the biggest surprises to date, especially considering I didn't send along any kind of donation or fee. It's also my 100th successful return from the living folks featured in the set.