Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Wonderful stuff
  • Options
    A new addition to my Phillies collection

Robin Roberts Rookie

• Options
    Big O for my 1970 Topps set....

• Options
    Just got this Brett Rookie in the mail today. Has a slight diamond cut going on... I may just leave it in the SGC holder and enjoy.

• Options
    Very pleased with this one:

Robert
  • Options
    Just got the Yount RC for my 70's RC collection. Looks nice for a 7!

• Options
    DrJ - Your collection is growing nicely, congrats.
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Already posted this in a couple other threads but thought I would post here as well. I don't get to buy very many cards each year so I like to post in here whenever I get the chance.

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Been after nice 60 Topps lately -

image >>

Probably my favorite vintage card design of all time, slightly ahead of 1954 Topps. Can't wait for Heritage next year...
  • Options
    One for my 33's

• Options
    I was happy to add this Ryan to my 1979 OPC set.

• Options
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Earl, Sweet Robinson. Nice pickup
  • Options
    Page turn
  • Options
    Page turn try #2
  • Options
    From my last sub.

• Options
    Kind of a low pop. card

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Newbie! image

Upgrade to my registry set! Thanks fuzzdude (Dave)! Will post my own scan as soon as I receive card!

rd

rbdjr1's 1961 Nu-Card Football Set. All-time, 2004-2008.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    This one just arrived today. After a few years my set is now 100%. Only card #1 is a PSA 7 and there are only three examples of that card graded higher than a 7. Will be a while until I can locate that card in an 8 or better holder. Completing this set has been a good way to cap the collecting year for me.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up three games for Christmas and two have arrived.

The first one I already referenced - it's from 1890 and the oldest in my collection - it's very small - probably a travel game - it's the first time I've ever seen it for sale - National League Ball Game - Yankee Novelty Co.

It's basically a game of chance with a little spinner that tells ya what to do.

The next one has been on my list for over 4 yrs!

Waner's Brother's Baseball Game- 1939.

Also a game of chance with playing cards.

Thanx for viewing - sorry I haven't commented on all the great stuff posted here - I've been really busy learning new songs.

Happy New Year!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Love the artwork on those game boxes Mike.

Two ca1908 RPPC's... Anyone has an idea which city this Mercy Hospital charity ball game was held? (There were a few)
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    boy i like that pistol card congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Happy New Year Mike! Hope the band is going well!

Robert
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Lots of great stuff here as usual. That '60 Whitey Ford is downright gorgeous.

• Options
    New Addition for my Robin Roberts Set...

• Options
    Haven't posted on here too much recently, but here are a few cards that I've picked up in the past month or so. (Notice: ALL ON CARD)

First a couple of USF NFLer's

Another addition to my small (but growing) Lecavalier collection.

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    A rare FLA hockey collector?

Another for the 'Kid' collection

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    rbdjr1 - Nice addition with that Ernie Davis. Was there any significant spike in his (few) card prices with The Express movie?

halosfan - Congrats on finishing off the Churchman set. I believe vintage boxing is very under appreciated and I am not even a big boxing fan.

stone - +1 for stone sighting. Very cool additions to your baseball board game collection. Any news on the Take Me Out To The Ballgame front?

I have been on the road so much these past few weeks that I just now got to rip though the pile of bubble mailers and boxes that have been accumulating in my absence... this morning was more like Christmas than Christmas was!

First up a very nice PSA 3 National Chicle high number for my low end set, a 55 Topps AA Thorpe, and a couple HOF rookie cards (thanks to Blackie for the Montana):

Next a well centered Tittle RC upgrade for my 1950 Bowman set and the Galloping Ghost's 1955 TAA:

A few additions to my defunct football teams full ticket collection & a ticket from the 1965 Pro Bowl:

Lastly, I continue to chip away at putting the Inscriptions autograph sets together with these recent highlights:

All the best to you, and yours, in the New Year!

Snorto~

• Options

<< <i>rbdjr1 - Nice addition with that Ernie Davis. Was there any significant spike in his (few) card prices with The Express movie?

All the best to you, and yours, in the New Year!

Snorto~ >>

No! The Ernie Davis movie (i.e. "The Express") did not do much for any of the four PSA 10s (that hit the market) since "The Express" movie hype appeared.

One sold at auction on ebay some months back (in the mid $200 range)
    Two of the PSA 10s were "buy it now" deals, between $400 - $500. And did not sell (still may be available for sale?).

I made offers for both, but the Sellers would not budge!

Then a cool guy, fuzzdude (Dave), had a PSA 10 at auction on fee-bay last week. I won it! (in the mid $200 range).

So Snorto~, I can honestly say "The Express" movie did little for this item! You can bank on this card to rise in value over the next decade! (Maybe a $1000 card for the first African-American Heisman Trophy winner?)...

My PSA 9 is also beauty! I'll compare it to my new PSA 10 upgrade, as soon as it arrives! (I will post my scan then!)

Snorto~ Keep those scans coming! Cool stuff! And "back at ya" with some warm holiday wishes!

Sincerely,

rd

P.S. for those that have not seen this beautiful set, take a look at all my scans (see my Set Registry link below). I'm proud of putting together this set, over the years (#1 PSA set since 2004). I was able to upgrade just a few cards last year. It is getting real tough to get PSA to pass out 10s on these cards (maybe some PSA 9s, but 10s? I doubt it?). I gave-up on ripping 1961 Nu-card Football packs, as I just did not get desired results (i.e., PSA quality mint cards). Take a look at this GAI Box up for sale: GAI 1961 Nu-Card Box (Link) ... My 1961 Nu-Card Football PSA Set

• Options
    Great cards guys! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. As for me, I'm extremely happy to finally add this card to my collection:

Keith
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow...that Campy wouldn't happen to be an upgrade would it? I know someone in the market for a 3/4.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>Wow...that Campy wouldn't happen to be an upgrade would it? I know someone in the market for a 3/4. >>

WOW KEITH! Freakin' amazing! And I would be that someone that Ross is referring to. I would kill for that card! Seriously, do you have someone you want knocked off? image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I sure hate to post a scan after that Campanella and that Davis!

Just an off-grade Venezuelan Duke Snider. Doesn't belong on the same page but it's now mine and I like it!

• Options

Here's the newest edition to my set registry. The Ernie Davis card is the key to this set and the GPA (grade point average) for replacing the PSA 9 with a 10 was nice.

But I got to say that my PSA 9 looks pretty darn good too! What do you think? Some here might say that the nine looks better than the 10! image

rd

image <<-- PSA 9!
  • Options
    Walsh is considered a VERY tough caramel card....so you take em in any condition if you can!

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    fandango, Is that paint on the border? Looks like it's flaking off pretty good!

Nice looking for the grade.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    its Pencil markings....guess the kid didnt like white borders....
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'm adding this photo just because I think the old Rams logo is so cool looking.
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Seems like all I ever get is off-grade oddball stuff. Guess that's what I like.

I overpaid but really wanted it.

• Options
    Hey Jim - about your O-Pee-Chee - Roberto Clemente ...

The backs are different than the O-Pee-Chee I have - the photo on mine - the reverse is in the middle in a star burst design. Was it different for the various series issued ?

Yours looks like the Topps design except it is yellow instead of green.

edit: there is also no French text on yours.
  • Options
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    That Campy is image sweet!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The Hun:
    RE: your 71 OPC question.
    • Cards 524-752 (the second to last series and the last series) are not only a lot more scare than the other series but also the card backs are of the same design as Topps (unlike the rest of the series with the starburst photo in the middle) except the OPCs are yellow instead of green and are printed in English only instead of French and English.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    soon to come a pic of my new 55 clemente..yayerness!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Wow awesome Campy

Grats Jim on the 71 OPC Clemente, one of my favorites too, very hard card to get.
  • Options
    Not sports related but it did come in the mail. I have a friend who rehandles knives with gemstone. I have a gallery of the ones I have bought on my site. Not really a knife collector but these things are amazing to see in person:

stone art knives