Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• cant get enough of these caramel cards!

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    double cool mailday for me today - 2 more Yaz autos.

I actually had his original rookie card signed by him in about 1979 and sold it with all my stuff a few years later when I lost interest while becoming a teenager. Always regretted it and one day I'll get the real thing again but for now this will have to do:

• saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Just got a super deal on Ebay -complete Series 2 of 1995 Finest Refractors Baseball for right at $85. What a deal! To boot all the cards were very choice and had great centering. Here are the key cards. I have seen the Nomo sell for more than $75 in the past two years.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to grab a "complete" set of 1987-88 Auburn issue cards. I saw the set listed with a poor discription and poor picture, and I wasn't even sure if the Frank Thomas was in the set. One of the best $5.00 gambles I've taken in my life. The set is well centered and crisp all the way around...I'm crossing my fingers that the Thomas will be the first to be graded GEM. To put this in perspective, I paid nearly $60 for my raw Thomas alone, and that was a steal.

edit to add:

That Jackson is a potentially GEM card too. A PSA 10 sold last week for around $120 if I remember correctly.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Fantastic pick-up, Ross. Congrats!

<< <i>Fantastic pick-up, Ross. Congrats! >>

Thanks Bryon. I actually purchased the set in mid-December from a seller who happens to be a snowbird. He lives in Washington state, but was in the Southeast for the holidays. I had to wait a month before it could be shipped, but the potential was certainly worth the wait.

• << <i>Just got a super deal on Ebay -complete Series 2 of 1995 Finest Refractors Baseball for right at $85. What a deal! To boot all the cards were very choice and had great centering. Here are the key cards. I have seen the Nomo sell for more than $75 in the past two years.

>>

Great Pickup Dave, Congrats.

-John
    -John Stevens
    Ebay ID: jrconcessi

Collecting 1993 Finest Refractors & All Refractors 1993 - 2001, 1964 Topps Psa 8.5 or Better
    Soon to be Collecting 1966 Batman Color and all Hall of Famers in all Sports in as High a Grade as I can Afford.
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    1947 D305
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Thanks John -

looks like I'll have some dupes to deal. I'm not sure if the seller put this lot together or bought it as a dealer, but whoever put it together put some serious work into because the condition and centering are A+ all the way through.

I was a little hesitant to bid b/c the auction description didn't mention the Jeter, Nomo, or Jones or anyone else for that matter. Just said complete Series 2.

Dave
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Its in the mail on its way to me. Im willing to trade it for a nice Rose Rookie.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Nice 54.
  • I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer rookie cards, but Mike Schmidt was one of my favorite players to watch who was not a Dodger (Dale Murphy also) when I was a kid. To see such skills with both a bat and glove...wow!

Keith
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Damn nice Schmidt!!! Centering is perfect! Wondering how is the back?
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    jdmi, that's a nice Cey rookie!

"Molon Labe"

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    My first 82 PSA 10:

• Great Schmidt. That kid must've been very meticulous.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple Stargells' for my set.

Crap, there's no middle ground with me. Either I post gargantuan scans or miniature scans. image
  • A couple of new additions to my Ashburn collection and I finally picked up a Big O auto...

• This thread is 2 and a half years strong.

Couple newbies....

I always get out bidded on these. Multi-HOF signed FDC and event covers.

Picked this up after the news of Lavelli's passing for $16.00.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Got a few more nice cards in the Mail today...

First Up is Ernie Banks for my mid grade 1960 Topps Set....

Next, The Admiral for my 50 Greatest Collection..

And finally a really cool Bill Russell game used card from this year's Chronology....

• THIS IS AN AMAIZNG THREAD!

TY
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    This is my first post on here in quite some time. The first card is for my Adam Wainwright collection. It's a 2008 Sweet Spot red ink auto #ed to 50:

The next card is the reason I haven't been buying much lately. I've been searching for a nice 1949 Bowman Campanella rookie for my Campy set for a couple of months now and finally got this one in the mail today:

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
    Congrats Chris, I know that card has been a long time coming! Beautiful centering on that bad boy.
    Thanks, Ross! I'm thrilled with it! Too bad it took all of my money and I don't have any more to add more Campy's to my set. Oh well. It's worth it!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Nice cards. The Campy presents much nicer then the grade. That is a nice looking card.

Robert: I thought you got out of the 76's. Those are perfect looking 10s. Are you still upgrading? Starting over?
  • My latest pick-up, now my favorite card, and first non-psa card.

Post War HOF Rookies #4
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    NICE MANTLE!

Well centered! Congrats!

• rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice cards. The Campy presents much nicer then the grade. That is a nice looking card. Robert: I thought you got out of the 76's. Those are perfect looking 10s. Are you still upgrading? Starting over? >>

packman, OPC's are like "the drug of choice" for me! I'm hooked for life. Yes, I'm starting over, but just in a teenie weenzie way, when I can afford it, I'll nibble on some OPC material!

When my real estate investing was going thru the roof, I was just an "OPC junkie", bidding-up, buying every PSA 9 & 10 (1970's) OPC BB card in sight.

They are like "chocolate to me". Can't stop! image

The problem is nobody (but just a small small percentage of collectors) wants them (BB OPC). Not even Canadians. image

Gee, at one time or another, I owned almost all the OPC PSA 10s from 1976 (...most of the nines too!). Not to mention a good chunk of 1973, 1975, 1977, 78 & some 71s, 72s & 79s opc's too, plus a few 74s! LOL!! (and plenty of PSA 9s from all the 70s!)...

Maybe someday, I'll win the Lotto, or a major poker tourney! And I'll go nutz again, BUY BUY BUY!

P.S. packman, I always believed, because of the limited issuance, and all the "condition sensitive" issues, related to OPC's, that someday in the future, the collecting public will come to realize just how rare and beautiful these cards are, and when the demand creeps-in the collecting community, prices will go thru the roof for all the "low pop" high end 1970's O-Pee-Chee graded baseball material! (From my mouth to God's ears! LOL!)

Robert

• BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Mantle!!!! SGC holder looks good!!
    1964 Topps Football
    Nice Campy to go with that 54 Bowman you stole!

"Molon Labe"

<< <i>Nice Campy to go with that 54 Bowman you stole! >>

Thanks! Now if I could just find the money for the other 8 Campy's that I need. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone - haven't been around much - the band is keeping me very busy - learnin new songs and gettting up to speed on the guitar.

Would like to post more about it later.

Here's the only two cards I've picked up this year.

Got them from BBCEx - price was below book and centering is decent.

Hope everyone is well - would like to post more in the future but for now? Everyone be cool and I hope you're enjoying the hobby!

Your ole bud - Stoney193
    Mike
  • Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    +1 for a Stone sighting! Rock on, Mike!

Robert
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just sent this in to PSA to be graded. Hoping for a real nice grade.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

A couple cheapo '80s PSA 9s I'm more than happy to add to my HOF set...

imageimage
  • Doug - nice Mantle stamp -
    poorman - love those non-sport cards too !

cheers

• << <i>poorman - love those non-sport cards too ! >>

thanks, Just completed the set

I will link the pictures.T30 complete set
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just got my first PSA 10 for this set:

Nothing major, just another 59 Baseball Thrills. 2 to go. I love these cards.

"Molon Labe"

Just got this one from Swartz - fuzz is on the scanner.

"Molon Labe"

• TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Stingray, that Kurri is very sweet! Nice pick-up.
    Busy week, this one came today too. Took forever to find a nice Spahn in 7, now I need to find Mathews.

"Molon Labe"

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Crappy scanner - I gotta get my Canon fixed. I know the Butler auto is legit - any Gwynn experts out there. It only set me back $10 shipped, so it was worth the chance for me.
    imageimage
  • A few more for my set - 1996 Select Certified Premium Stock Mirror Red /20

imageimageimage
    Always looking for 1996 Select Certified Football.