Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Bought these 4 Mantles raw about 30-35 years ago.

Just now starting to get all of our Mantles graded by PSA.

Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the grades.

PoppaJ >>

Do you have any idea why PSA used 2 different sized holders for the Bazookas? That '66 looks like it could do some major sliding around in there whereas the '64 fits just right - what gives?
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Got a couple more Adam Wainwright cards in the mail recently:

2006 Sweet Spot

2006 UD Special FX Green

2004 Skybox LE Photographers Proof #1/25
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    Thanks Snorto, It's a photo of the Teddy. Pretty lousy I know. I've got a decent scanner, but think I lost the power cord last year ? and I'm too lazy to look for it. image

• Options
    Another one for my 65 Reds Team Set. Only 6 more to go.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    9,100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    For my Personal Collection Mr October
  • Options
    2 More for my J.R. Richard Collection

Thank you for looking
  • Options
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    ^^^nice
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    The Munson card is the coolest 70s baseball card I think. I almost have to brush dirt off me just looking at it. Nice.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned this card on a different thread a while back. It finally found it's way home from eBay to me to Newport and back. The scan does not do it justice as it looks awesome and I love it!

Now back to hunting for the final cards for my boxing sets.

Cheers
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone mentioned this card on a different thread a while back. It finally found it's way home from eBay to me to Newport and back. The scan does not do it justice as it looks awesome and I love it!

Now back to hunting for the final cards for my boxing sets.

Cheers >>

Matt, does that card bounce all around the inside of the slab like lost of my psa games used cards do?
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Some do ... Some don't. This one is fine. I'm not a fan of the HUGE slabs
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    First and foremost, welcome back Rube!

I went a little crazy with the vintage stuff. I have the cards, already, but my quadriplegia prevents me from being able to scan them, so I'll just post the ebay photos. Mind you I'm the type that isn't isn't too condition sensitive. Enjoy the show!

Pele "rookie" card. Have no clue if its really a rookie, but it was listed as one. No clue about the history of soccer cards.

T205 Frederick "Topsy" Hartsel
    http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/0e/11/6e80_1.JPG

T206 Bob Spade

T206 Fred Beck

T206 Fred Tenney

T206 Grimshaw

T206 Oscar Stange

T206 Buck Congalton

T206 Jack Hannifan

'33 Goudey Ralph Kress

'33 Goudey Watson Clark

'33 Goudey Fred Ftiszimmons

'33 Goudey Adolfo Luque (one of 1st Cuban ballplayers)... This guy was MEAN. He's beat the crap out of a heckler, slugged Casey Stengel in the face, and charged the other dugout with a bat. Not too bad of a pitcher, either.
    Had to get the '61 Fleer to match it

'34-36 Diamond Stars Louis Chiozza

'34-36 Diamond star Johnny Vergez

'34-36 Diamond Stars Van Mungo

'39 Playball Myril Hoag

'49 Bowman NED GARVER rookie!

'49 Leaf Sid Hudson

'49 Leaf Warren Rosar
  • Options
    Distelrath That is some amazing stuff....

Lawnmowerman..Very Nice emmit stuff..everytime I see him on espn I think of your cards..

Watched the Bob Costas Mays and Aaron hour and in the mail came these 2 items....

So in Honor of his interview...

Then these came....I am only 5 cards away from completing this set..

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    71 Munson and 65 Mantle are pretty much perfect!
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Love the Cobb auto, the 1954 Topps, that awesome GU card and many of the others.

A couple less cooler cards, but they are part of the All-Time Dolphins set, so I like them. The Mare is a pop. 3, somewhat rare comparibly to other all-time RC.

imageimage

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Always nice to check off another card ehh Mark? I tried a few times, but could never muster the patience.

After a month away at Cali, I was pleased to see Henry Yee gave this photo the Type 1 designation.

Helen and her Babe. Sudbury Mass ca1918.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    55 Mays 8 is very nice, that is in my opinion the toughest card around to find in excellent condition!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won this from Heritage auctions last night. I had been looking for one of these for a very long time.

• Options
    My latest acquisition
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Not a card, but it's football related. 1925 Rose Bowl RPPC unused. I don't have a lot of football postcards but liked this one

• Options
    not a card, but i was proud, mobster henry hill of goodfellas fame 1/1 rube picimage
  • Options
    I picked up this very nice item a couple of weeks ago for only $10. It is a Tony Perez autographed 1968 Cincinnati Reds scorecard. When I received it I was suprised that the condition of the scorecard was Near Mint and unscored.

• Options
    Ladder - that Cobb auto is a beauty!

freddyp23 - nice Reggie rookie it presents nicely for the grade.

halosfan - that card is alright... it could use a little more star power on it though. image

Here are my highlights for the week starting with a Slingin' Sammy auto for my 1997 Leaf Signature Series 8x10 set. Sammy was really selling that action shot with his facial expression!

Next up a souvenir ticket from the Orlando Thunder (the most feminine pro football team ever?) WLAF debut and a Broadway Joe Upper Deck Heroes 'graph:

Lastly a few additions to my TAA and Nu Card sets. The Four Horsemen card I picked up at a (hopefully) bargain to flip at some point as I already have a well centered one for my set:

Enjoy the last fleeting hours of the weekend... Monday morning will be here before we know it.

Snorto~
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Thought about starting this set. Watched Cullen play back in the late 80s when he played with the Flint Spirits (now Flint Generals).

• Options
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    Here are some new pickups:

Rizzuto from his rookie season (1941)

Feller from his second season in the bigs (1937)

Mize from his rookie year (1936)

Reese from his second year (1941)
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple nice pop 1's slabbed old flip styleimage

• Options
    cracked and on its way to yogi in jellstone park, i just hope boo boo dont get to it first
    "ive been singing this song for 25 miutes now, i can sing it for another 25 mnutes,im not pruod or tired,"-aro-alices resteraunt
    youre welcome
  • Options
    Another addition to my 1960 Topps Set...

• Options
    A busy mail week, but not much worth scanning, mostly a bunch of commons for the various sets I am working on. I thought this was cool enough to share though since I have only seen one offered up on eBay in over 2 years. It is an XFL player's handbook...

imageimage

The tape on the back is on the protective bag it is stored in, but the binding does have some wear on it unfortunately. Makes for a pretty interesting read... definitely not as lucrative as life in the NFL to say the least.

Snorto~
  • Options
    the mickster for the rubester
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, gents! image
  • Options
    Another addition to my 1960 Topps set. This Kaline looks nicer than a 5 to me.....

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Picked these up in the last few weeks.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Picked this up last week
  • Options
  • Options
    Elsnorto, Love the Four Horsemen card. I'll need to find one someday.
    Oak, great autos!

A weird collectible, I know.
    ca1907, Notebook cover with Matty, Plank and Joss.

• Options
    Just got these to add to my growing 70's unopened collection:

• Options
    double post sorry
  • Options
    Very nice stuff from everyone...wow like a kid in a candy store
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    And you only want 25 cents a piece of them? I'll take them all!

Beautiful cellos!
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And you only want 25 cents a piece of them? I'll take them all!

Beautiful cellos! >>

Like the one with Ron LeFlore, got my first foul ball at a game off his bat!!
  • Options
    I picked this OPC today which will be an upgrade for my Bench collection.

• Options
    A few of my arrivals this past week starting with a couple more singles for my sets and a John Elway 1997 Inscriptions autograph:

And a PSA authenticated signed baseball from NFL HOFer and former Philadelphia Athletics major leaguer, Ace Parker:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Snorto~
  • Options
    My latest addition
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    These came in this weekend... Double bonus points if someone can tell me what the five players have in common....

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.