Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭

I love all 3 of these cards.
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up an assortment of unused 1976 Hostess boxes. I will never cut these up to submit to PSA as they just look too nice the way they are.

• Options
    I picked an assortment of unused 1976 Hostess panels in very sharp condition. I won't be cutting these down and submitting to PSA as they look too nice in this form.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    sorry for the double posts......my first post did not initially show
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭
    I love those Hostess cards from the mid to late 1970's (under-rated)
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks Like Ill have some fun tonight...Just arrived from BBCE....

image >>

Any scans coming soon ?
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a few Will Clarks in the last couple months. I didn't notice how many were horizontal until I put them all together here...

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

And, finally, a 2008 SF Giants game ticket picturing Will...
  • Options
    As an aside, I did get Will Clark's Camden Yards locker nameplate from the 2000 season (his last) and plan to have him sign it at a show in December...I'll try to remember to post a scan afterwards...
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>As an aside, I did get Will Clark's Camden Yards locker nameplate from the 2000 season (his last) and plan to have him sign it at a show in December...I'll try to remember to post a scan afterwards... >>

Wow. That's a fantastic piece. Any chance you can share a scan? (though 2000 wasn't his last season. He started 2001 with Baltimore and was traded to St. Louis during the year, where he dominated as a replacement for an injured Mark McGwire.)
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    In light of Septmeber 11th, a toast to everyone who has served or currently serves in the U.S Armed Forces. Thank you for everything you do !!

To keep it card-related, I picked up this Ted Williams, the last card I needed for my 2001 Topp Heritage Time Capsule set. The set is only 4 cards, but it ook me a while to nab the Williams. It features Korean War-worn memoribilia. They really are nice looking cards. Here's Ted with the restof the set.

• Options
    Normally, not a modern fan but I love those war tributes Rugby
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>As an aside, I did get Will Clark's Camden Yards locker nameplate from the 2000 season (his last) and plan to have him sign it at a show in December...I'll try to remember to post a scan afterwards... >>

Wow. That's a fantastic piece. Any chance you can share a scan? (though 2000 wasn't his last season. He started 2001 with Baltimore and was traded to St. Louis during the year, where he dominated as a replacement for an injured Mark McGwire.) >>

I hate to break it to you, but Clark's last season was 2000 (maybe you should read the back of the cards sometime...image)

I'll show a scan after I get it signed
  • Options
    Just gave this one to my brother for his birthday.

There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wow. That's a fantastic piece. Any chance you can share a scan? (though 2000 wasn't his last season. He started 2001 with Baltimore and was traded to St. Louis during the year, where he dominated as a replacement for an injured Mark McGwire.) >>

I hate to break it to you, but Clark's last season was 2000 (maybe you should read the back of the cards sometime...image)

I'll show a scan after I get it signed >>

Ha ha...you're totally right (of course). I was thinking that his last regular cards were in 2001. Either way, it seems like forever ago. I never would have imagined then that he'd have so many new cards being released every year. I do like it, though!
  • Options
  • Options
    I always liked those Time Capsule inserts paying homage to MLB stars who served. How many of today's stars would do the same... aside from Pat Tillman (RIP)?

I got a ton of packages this week, but few were scan worthy... here are those that made the cut starting with another tough one for my 1997 Leaf Signature Autograph set:

Followed by a few World Football League complete tickets, including the Birmingham Vulcans who had the best record when the WFL folded mid-season in 1975 and thus were declared the champs (something tells me they did not celebrate much):

Lastly, a couple of Houston Gambler (USFL) ticket stubs smtjoy was kind enough to send me out of the blue. Thank you again, Scott!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend for Monday comes all too soon.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Nice stuff guys !

HighChopper im sure your brother loved his birthday gift

Dave
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    nice rice auto.

hockeyguy, are you busting the 84s?

hofautos,
    does psa grade the honey cards? LOL.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Mike. I'm on a quest to find early signature examples of each of his big 5 rookies. He's gotten really sloppy over the years. I really don't collect anything he's signed after 1997. I'll pick the newer examples up if they fall into my lap or it's one of those "can't say no" situations, but I don't seek them out. >>

His signature is basically F- T- 35 now. Amazing that you could read his entire last name on that card. Nice stuff.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snorto -- that is a great Rice.

For some strange reason, I have a hankering for Hostess products....

Got these in for my 62 set...

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    must have that setimage is very nice lookingimage
  • Options
    HighChopper im sure your brother loved his birthday gift

Brother did enjoy his gift, thanks!
  • Options
    A couple of recent pickups.1924 Scorecard of Pitt & Boston braves.Quite a few HOF'ers in ths game.Also have clippings from paper about the game.

1963 scorecard of Pirates & Cinciinnati.Lots of HOF'ers here.Clemente,Stargell,Robinson , Rose?,Maz.

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I'm excited to add this Christy Mathewson to my collection - bought raw a couple of months back and now just back from SGC...

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    And one of the better looking SGC 10's you'll ever see. No real back damage either, other than a minor erased pencil mark. There are several surface creases on the front which are barely detectable unless under close inspection. I love the eye appeal on this!

• Options
    Awesome Matthewson, Scooter! That is one of my favorites!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>And one of the better looking SGC 10's you'll ever see. No real back damage either, other than a minor erased pencil mark. There are several surface creases on the front which are barely detectable unless under close inspection. I love the eye appeal on this!

image >>

Wow, best looking SGC 10 ever.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    picked up tonight, had to have it,hes not signing anymore,so i had to buy itimage
    wish it wasnt crooked but, oh well,when they are gone you cant be picky when it come to 52 autos you needimage
  • Options
    Got a few additions in the mail today for the PC....

Another former $100 card during his hey day...

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I posted to this thread. But here's my new addition:

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Very happy with this addition....landed one of my white whales!

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got a few additions in the mail today for the PC....

Another former $100 card during his hey day...

image >>

Is that coke residue on the card?

Steve
  • Options
    BDB, that Hornung rookie is awesome and one of the better centered ones I have seen in any grade... congrats!

Rube, the only thing that could be more impressive than a 1950 Bowman football autographed set may be a 1952 Topps baseball... good luck with it!

A huge mail week for me... I got back into town yesterday with about 30 packages waiting... twas like Christmas in September this morning! Here are some of the highlights for me...

First up, a couple of the big names from the 1996 & 1997 Inscriptions autographed sets:

Next a tough high number for my 1935 Chicle beater set (hope to upgrade to a PSA 3 eventually), one of my favorite poses from my 1950 Bowman set, and a couple of decently centered high numbers for my 1948 Leaf set:

Another 1948 Leaf high number along with a graded 1961 Nu Card pack (I am slowly putting this set together too and thought this would be a cool compliment to it):

The pack above was part of a lot I won including a retail box in pretty nice shape for being over 45 years old:

And the Cowboys vs. Packers tomorrow... this weekend rocks!

Snorto~
  • Options
    My son cut both of these while I held my breath ...

he is now my #1 of the 4 (that's what I told him anyway) image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    El Snorto ... nice Inscriptions. I've been tempted to put those sets together.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    I finally landed a card that will move my '72 Topps FB set to #4 all-time. I won it last weekend at auction and will add it as soon as it's delivered. Trying to get a card to move me up from #5 has been difficult. I've found that once a set reaches a very high GPA, suitable additions are hard to come by.

Brett
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    BDB, that Hornung rookie is awesome and one of the better centered ones I have seen in any grade... congrats!

snorto- Thanks. This is one of those cards that I have always wanted but couldn't find with this nice of centering and in a SGC 7 slab. When I found it ..I had to get it. Probably overpaid a little..but oh well..it is worth it .

BTW I have always liked the look of those nu cards...but I always wondered how they could make a set and only inlclude a few bigger name players..talk about a lost opportuniuty. Does anyone know how players were selected for that set?
  • Options
    inscribed for $50...these were $300 not too long ago...

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    An upgrade for my Perez set

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice!!image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Came today. Not part of the composite yet but it's in the works image

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

AWESOME PEREZ !!!! imageimageimage
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Last 2 weeks of cards. Koufax proves you can get great cards for about 100 bucks if you try.

Clemente is so clean I had to show the back, I love OPC backs. Is that odd?
    imageimage

Nicest I have seen in this grade. Does have a print line but it is razor and has tons of color. Hard card.

Submitted at the national for my autoed team set. Strong autos.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Nice Cy Young! The four we have isnt as nice.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    haven't gotten a lot of mail recently but got this one yesterday.

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page