Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Sorry to intrude on the HSN lovin'...but a raw on Ebay is over $500! They're tossing in an 08/08, but still!!!image
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    Sorry...it's up to $685!!! What am I missing on this? I'm about to launch my 3 with a free 08/08 as well for $700!

Sheesh!
  • Options
    over $600 for raw now!!

• Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    why is this raw 07 reverse going so high? double what they`ve been going for.

link

edited : you beat me to it image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Check out this raw on the Bay! $535.00 with 24 minutes to go!

2008 W Silver American Eagle Error Reverse of 2007 !!!! Bonus 1 - 2008 W SAE with the 2008 Reverse !!!!! $535.00 Free 24m
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Hello...is this thing on?
  • Options
    It was amazing!

I saw the BINS drop from 90+ Coins to under 60 in 10 minutes, while the HSN was pumping.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    wake me up when NGC MS69s start hitting $1000.00.. that's when i'll list my first one..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    You know what you need to do during the next hsn special? image

PCGS MS69 FS is inching ever so closer to $500

This one's gonna hurt if they're all 08/08 $2100 for 25
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I am going to hold onto my 11 PCGS MS69's and my PCGS MS 70 for a least a year until I see what direction they are going. I also have an MS70 by NGC that I bought just for the heck of it for $361.
  • Options
    There's gotta be some weird/dishonest bidding going on there...just a bit further down the list is a BIN for $449...why would they bid so high instead of picking that up? $710 now.

Plus, other raws are still low...around $380 (did I just say LOW at $380?!?!?!?!).

Weird...

Oh, sorry for the tick-by-tick...trying to get "Senior"...pregnant wife is sleeping, so I'm bored...
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

2008 W Silver American Eagle Error Reverse of 2007 !!!

I don't know what is going on here!!!!

But if any wants us to list a few for them just let us know, image

Might crack a few NGC 69's to second chance
  • Options
    This is what happens when two bidders have the gotta have it's

That's it, closed at a record high of $710.00 !!!!
  • Options
    Wow...closed at $710...be interesting to know if the bidder actually pays.

Next one up is over $400...I'll be watching with popcorn...
  • Options

<< <i>Wow...closed at $710...be interesting to know if the bidder actually pays >>

Buyer paid almost immediately, now we need the 2 under bidders to accept our second chance offers
  • Options
    Mas, that was yours? Congrats!!! Did you sprinkle some magic selling dust or something?
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

mas3387

Talk about a freakin frenzy......must have been the FREE shipping...........imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Mas, that was yours? Congrats!!! Did you sprinkle some magic selling dust or something? >>

Thanks!!!

These things happen from time to time, even better when it's your listing image

These coins are Super Hot, MS70's are moving on up as well I see

Thats right, we had Free shipping no wonder why
  • Options
    It was *Perfect*!

The boys on the Home Shopping Network drove the buyers right into you and everyone else!

Hey Mas, you saved them almost $100 over the 2 coin sets they were selling!
  • Options

<< <i>It was *Perfect*! >>

Right place - Right time

Gotta love it
  • Options

<< <i>It was *Perfect*!

The boys on the Home Shopping Network drove the buyers right into you and everyone else!

Hey Mas, you saved them almost $100 over the 2 coin sets they were selling! >>

either my glasses are dirty or i dunno what, but that youtube.com link to the HSN video gave me a video of them selling two ANACS MS69 slabs for $299 the pair, not $799.. then after pointing out the differences of the Reverse, and saying "error variety error variety".. one of those jokers was saying IGWT was different on the OBVERSES.. huh?..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    all turned out to be 08/07's........

Nice Score 7/8, real nice.

Right now that $250 Box turned into about $7,500
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    yes hrlaser, u in TRuST on the obverse of 2008 ASEs
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>

<< <i>It was *Perfect*! >>

Right place - Right time

Gotta love it >>

haha classic. Now let's see if they try to return it in a week when they realize HSN doesn't call the shots on pricing! IF they realize...

Nice job!
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to sell two "raws" next week so I can get a 2008 W $25 Platinum Uncirculated. It looks like one may suffice.

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>yes hrlaser, u in TRuST on the obverse of 2008 ASEs >>

but the 08/07s use the 2008 Obverse.. so what are you saying here?.. that the u in TRuST is somehow different on the 08/08s and the 08/07s?.. that it's not only the REVERSE that's different?.. or that there are different 08/08 Obverses!?..

imageimage
  • Options
    Holy Schmoley, prices are really jumping right now. Where is the top? I've got 4 to unload, timing is everything.
  • Options
    hrlaser, in your earlier post you said they said "IGWT was different." You didn't say which version.

It is different, for these 2008s. All caps on IGWT on 2007s.
  • Options

<< <i>hrlaser, in your earlier post you said they said "IGWT was different." You didn't say which version.

It is different, for these 2008s. All caps on IGWT on 2007s. >>

okay.. i get it.. the teevee guy had an 08/08 next to an 08/07, Obverses facing the camera on both of them and said "IGWT is different".. which made no sense since.. aww Hell you know what i mean.. now i know what he meant and what you meant.. and i think i even know what i meant.. i'm goin' to bed.. after i take these four 08/08s i got from the Mint and throw them out in the street.. sigh..

• Options
    Where will sales records of this phenomena be found in years to come, anyway? What will be said?!

that's what I thought!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know what you need to do during the next hsn special? image

PCGS MS69 FS is inching ever so closer to $500

This one's gonna hurt if they're all 08/08 $2100 for 25 >>

I've been emailing some of these unopened box sellers to inquire about the order and ship dates. ALL whom I've contacted to date have been outside the window of likely finds. If only these buyers knew about this board!

Got a box of ten (my last) today packed 5/20. 0/10, ALL clearly old returns including one with a borken capsule. As someone said, when they run out of returns (if that ever happens!) perhaps we'll see some more error coins. Who knows?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. John Maben, you sly devil -- you didn't tell us about your Memorial Day specials on 08/07's...

Shouldn't we be offended (hints are ok)? I think you should have Forumoid Specials too, no?

[btw - thanks for contributing to the forums]
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I sold two raw 08/07 reverse with a free 08/08 @ $399.99 BIN ( total $799.98 ) image I am very happy!!!

Have a good one!!!!
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone received a 2008/07 ASE from the Mint that they ordered in the last week or so ? When will the returns run out in Memphis ?? Mark.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    144 auctions
    -69 42/144 29.2%
    -70 39/144 27.1
    Other 63/144 43.7
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit:

See below image
  • Options
    My 5/15/08 order for 5 SAE's arrived 5/23/08: 0/5 07 reverses. However, as others here have mentioned the as-found packing & coin conditions of all 5 coins were terrible!

Even before I opened the box, its contents rattled. Upon opening it I found 3 of 5 SAEs outside thier boxes, box covers, & COAs everywhere. A closer inspection of all 5 coins showed 4 of the 5 had some type of smudge mark on the 3rd vertical bar in the eagle's shield, and the 5th coin had a slight gouge mark at the top of the shield. It stood out because the mark showed as a shiny silver line about 1/64th - 1/32th of an inch in length.

Needless to say these coins have been repacked and are on their way back for a refund....
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In Nebratska, we say "knee high by the fourth of July".
    Does this refer to :

A) A pair of pants
    B) Corn
    C) The price of the 2008 ASE w/ '07 reverse
    D) The annual gathering of children arriving for the fireworks show at Rosenblatt Stadium

image >>

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In Nebratska, we say "knee high by the fourth of July".
    Does this refer to :

A) A pair of pants
    B) Corn
    C) The price of the 2008 ASE w/ '07 reverse
    D) The annual gathering of children arriving for the fireworks show at Rosenblatt Stadium

image >>

>>

B) Corn of course............
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    AKBeez-

In my case, there is a fine line between sharing information and coming off as a self promoting dealer.
    I try not to cross that line. Our good customers and fans hit our website frequently anyway as you did.

Thanks,
    John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who has the best prices on regular 2008-W PCGS First Strike?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everybody just sitting on their thumbs waiting for the chance to post "2500?"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    I'm not watching for 2500, I'm going to pick-up some steaks for the grill

Have a good one!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Who has the best prices on regular 2008-W PCGS First Strike? >>

dabigkahuna or Kaelasdad had 'em for $39 shipped
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options

<< <i>dabigkahuna or Kaelasdad had 'em for $39 shipped >>

• Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Ive still got about 20 of them for that same price--Russ (kaelasdad)
  • Options
    IwantNonCCsIwantNonCCs Posts: 369 ✭✭
    I guess I need snipe software to snipe when somebody else post 2499
  • Options
    Have At it guy's image
  • Options
    2500 image I think this will be the price of the first strikes ( ms-69 ) in the near future

Have a good one!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file