Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnM - thank you for your integrity and not crossing that "line". Having someone like yourself contributing to the forum has been an asset by bringing another
    perspective. However, please feel free to shamelessly plug product updates that have relevance to this discussion on the BST forum. One of us is bound to spread the word for you...

...and of course Forumoid discounts are certainly encouraged!

[Disclaimer: AK is no way associated with JMC other than a recipient of their excellent customer service...]
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see them with stickers pretty soon.

HE>I

• mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Why Did PCGS have some coins graded with the reverse in front & others with the obverse in front ?

Have a good one!!!
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • All of the PCGS MS69 FS BIN's at $488 were just bougt up. Only auctions now...
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • mcmximcmxi Posts: 890
    I just got my 5 from the mint. 0/5. I called the local B&M and told him I got them in and he said "let me guess half and half" I asked him why he asked this and he told me that 3 other regulars called and that was what they all got. I asked when they got them and he said they all got them within the past 3 days. I guess I just got unlucky.
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious
  • Got 3 orders in yesterday.Ordered on the 14th 0/7,ordered on the 14th 0/4,and ordered 5 on the 15th that went 0/5.All had been picked thru returns that where scattered all over the place loose in the box.Not one of the coins worth keeping,all going back.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raw BINs are FAR fewer at only 6 and nothing under $425. Raw auctions comfortably $400+ now...will that hold with the weekend barrage?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I believe it is time for the spike in prices. The high prices for 70's will drive the raw prices even higher ($550 soon)

All BIN's are being gobbled up at most any price (except mine of course image).

I was hoping to sell and buy some raw @ $375 it is too late now most $400 +.

Buy now or pay later.

Joe

• halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Just wondering, are you folks that are getting the crappy packaging complaining to the Mint, CW, NN, etc.?
    If there is barrage of complaints, especially if the media runs with it, maybe it'll improve . . .

. . . NAAAA, probably not!

Reagrds, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • The 47,000 mintage kept me from buying them early on when they where much cheaper,now all the ones that had the balls are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Okay, so they went through the roof and now they are in the upper atmosphere.

HE>I

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Raw BINs are FAR fewer at only 6 and nothing under $425. Raw auctions comfortably $400+ now...will that hold with the weekend barrage? >>

Last weekend I watched as raw sold for under $300. Of course that was then....

I finally received my order placed on 5/5, packaged on 5/6, shipped on 5/8, went to Kentucky then Mars, then back to Earth and finally my house two days ago.
    0/2. The packaging was so bad, it had an apology from my post office with stickers and stamps on it! image I opened the box (which wasn't hard to do since it was almost open already) and the coin boxes were suprisingly in good shape. I will be keeping them because I like them.

HOWEVER, since it was VERY obvious these were sorted, picked through, double and triple checked by either the mint or the distro center, it leads me to believe that there is no way they were letting the 08/07 out anymore after about early May. Therefore, if 47K were minted....no way there is near that many available. NO WAY!
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Say what? PCGS MS70 FS $5900
    Completed BS&T Deals

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>The 47,000 mintage kept me from buying them early on when they where much cheaper,now all the ones that had the balls are laughing all the way to the bank. >>

ahh yes.. the good old days.. cars with bias-ply tires, no seat belts, and an AM radio with one speaker in the middle of its non-padded dash.. a gallon of gasoline was a quarter.. pay phones were a nickel, a newspaper was a nickel, cuppa coffee ten cents, packa smokes, a quarter (with two cents change behind the cellophane, one of which could have been a 1955 DDO..) .. how about a new car for a grand?.. a four-bedroom house for about $15,000.00.. dialing 411 was free.. the phone was black and wired into the wall.. cameras used real film, teevees had rabbit ears and everything was black and white.. hey it's Saturday morning!.. time for Sky King, Fury, Mighty Mouse, Superman, Disneyland admission and ticket book, three bucks, (parking was a quarter).. but wait.. ya don't have to go back to 1958, or 1968, or 1978.. how about going back to.. uhh.. oh.. i dunno.. April 2008?..

(S)Linky - it walks down stairs!..

and i was biddin' on them at a $150.00 tops.. that was my limit.. now ya couldn't get one for $150.00 if ya sawed it in half!..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

<< <i>Say what? PCGS MS70 FS $5900 >>

oh COME ON.. this is getting absolutely freakin.. NUTS!.. wake me up when i can buy an S-class with one of my MS69s.. at the rate these things are going up, that should be next week..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

Wow!!!!image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I sure hope you are right. I want to retire!

<< <i>Okay, so they went through the roof and now they are in the upper atmosphere. >>

Just choose a Title image

Have a good one !!! image
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

image Where are these going? Yeah, up but for how long and how high?!! Wow!!
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • boatbldrboatbldr Posts: 211
    Just got my order, 0/5, definitely picked over, some rolling around in the box. Luckily none came out of their capsules. I was pretty sure the party was over when I ordered them on 5/14, now I'm positive.
    Do we know how many are out there ? Ballpark figure

More than 1 less than 47,000

Have a good one!!!!
    -David

<< <i>Do we know how many are out there ? Ballpark figure

More than 1 less than 47,000

Have a good one!!!!
    -David >>

well.. someone a few bajillion postings ago said something just over 10,000 are already in slabs.. then take into account how many are sitting in collections and their owners are either totally unaware the error exists (which is entirely possible.. there aren't a couple million people reading these boreds, or CW, or NN).. and who knows how many that could be, then subtract the ones that probably went to Vlad the Colorizer of ASEs.. who knows how many that is.. then subtract however many the Mint's worker bees plucked out of cartons before they got shipped.. and who knows how many that is?.. then add back in the number sold raw on eBay and by dealers.. how many HAVE sold raw on eBay? a thousand? fewer?.. but many of those sold raw probably got slabbed, so subtract those out again.. geezus, my brain hurts..

i'd guess somewhere perhaps possibly maybe 20,000 to 25,000 got out to the public.. and no more are gettin' out.. at least not in Mint orders unless out of sheer luck..
    there was a window of opportunity to get them at $25.95 that was open for a few weeks and has slammed shut..
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Okay, so they went through the roof and now they are in the upper atmosphere. >>

Have a good one !!! image >>

Maybe it should be "reverse of 2007"

Joe

<< <i>

<< <i>

Have a good one !!! image >>

Maybe it should be "reverse of 2007"

Joe >>

I Like that Joe, let's see how he likes it image
  • anyway what was the cutoff first strike date.

Shannon
  • CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    NGC 70`s going for $700.00 --- PCGS 70`s 5900.00 looks like PCGS is the most respected TPGS. of course we all new this, on this message board anyway!!!! image

<< <i>NGC 70`s going for $700.00 --- PCGS 70`s 5900.00 looks like PCGS is the most respected TPGS. of course we all new this, on this message board anyway!!!! image >>

remember.. there are a lot more NGC 70s because NGC recognized this coin and started designating it on their label weeks before the first ones were submitted to PCGS.. yes, generally speaking, PCGS slabs of the same coin in the same grade bring more money, sometimes a LOT more money, than NGC slabs.. sometimes the same money.. however, i have submitted NGC slabs to PCGS as cross-overs and gotten them back UPgraded.. i've submitted a SEGS slab (which eBay won't even let you list for sale, thanks to their image rules).. to PCGS and it crossed at the same grade.. i've submitted ANACS slabs to PCGS and not a single one ever crossed at the same grade or higher.. (any time i submit cross-overs, i always specify cross at the same grade or higher..) .. admittedly we're talking fewer than ten slabs here, so hardly a statistically-meaningful sampling, but what does that tell you?.. it tells me that, in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, NGC grading is "correct".. that SEGS is not a bottom-feeder, and that i have developed doubts about ANACS.. i've never tried to cross an ICG slab to PCGS, but i can guess at what the results might be..

• To gain a better perspective on this issue, I've been trying to keep track of the 2008W SAE production & grading totals form the NGC & PGCS population reports - I offer the following (through 5/19/08):

US Mint 2008W SAE production: 295,059
    2008W SAE graded by NGC & PCGS: 107, 069
    2008W SAE (07 rev) graded by NGC & PCGS: 11,547 (3.9% of Mint production)
    2008W SAE (07 rev) graded by NGC & PCGS as ER /FS: 8,189 (2.8% of Mint production)

The NGC counts haven't been revised in over a week, and I don't have a subscription to the PCGS numbers so I rely on what has been posted in this forum.

Presently, it would appear that less than 12,000 07 reverse "artistic" error coins have been graded. The big unknown is how many raw coins are in the grading process and are being otherwise held by collectors.
  • image WIGHTY44!!!imageimage
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>anyway what was the cutoff first strike date.

Shannon >>

I guess April 23rd
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    The relative values of the various 08/07 coins will settle once the rarity is established.
    It seems like the '95W values are approximately the same except for the unique PF70.
    Wonder who owns it ???
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    The NGC counts haven't been revised in over a week,

The NGC POPs are revised each Monday. Of course the next update will probably be Tuesday.

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

This just went......BIN 4360.00......PCGS M70 FS 110255540487
    What about the one for $5900? It looks like that one sold for $5900 unless I don't see something. There are no more for sale on e bay. Maybe I should put mine on for $25000 and see where it goes;
  • I have sold 10 on ebay For less than what I expected. you can look at sold items and see this. However I believe I made a bad mistake and would love to have them all back for what I sold them for. However not a chance.

I feel this market will be hot and I am out. I only have a very short amount left and wont be selling them anytime in the near future.

Shannon
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What about the one for $5900? It looks like that one sold for $5900 unless I don't see something. There are no more for sale on e bay. Maybe I should put mine on for $25000 and see where it goes; >>

Just a blowoff move with a parabolic rise .. will both crude oil and the 2008/07 top out this week ?
    That 5900.00 was a sale image
    WoW!!!!!
  • There's still an MS70 FS available at $5999... Someone might want to jump on that one. image

What I don't understand is at the time the one sold for $5900, there were two available for over $1500 less?
    Completed BS&T Deals

• << <i>Maybe I should put mine on for $25000 and see where it goes; >>

He sure did list this on the BST boards. Ebay would love to get their hands on the fees for this Pitboss. image
  • coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    check out one of john`s auctions for 5 NGC70`s... still has 1 day to go.

will they break the 1k barrier??? good luck john image$900
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

<< <i>

<< <i>What about the one for $5900? It looks like that one sold for $5900 unless I don't see something. There are no more for sale on e bay. Maybe I should put mine on for $25000 and see where it goes; >>

Just a blowoff move with a parabolic rise .. will both crude oil and the 2008/07 top out this week ?
    That 5900.00 was a sale image >>

Crude might image
  • Well, I just sold a two coin lot: PCGS MS69 FS Rev of 07, PCGS MS69 FS Rev of 08. Sold for $575 (Already paid)
    Completed BS&T Deals

<< <i>There's still an MS70 FS available at $5999... Someone might want to jump on that one. image

What I don't understand is at the time the one sold for $5900, there were two available for over $1500 less? >>

I understand it...
    P.T Barnum understood it too. image
    David, it would be "Tail Feathers".... if I was to "choose a title".

HE>I

• I forsee this coin will be in a mintage of about 50k others can assume more. more than 3/4 of them will be with a collector who doesn't know the variety. the other 12k or so will be highly sought after.

I wish you guys the best of luck as of lately 30 boxes of ten 0 for all.

Good luck.

My last few going to PCGS
    I don't see anybody dumb enough to buy it yet!

<< <i>I don't see anybody dumb enough to buy it yet! >>

Oh, give them time, pitboss.

HE>I

• << <i>I don't see anybody dumb enough to buy it yet! >>

You might get Lucky on Ebay. imageimage
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>check out one of john`s auctions for 5 NGC70`s... still has 1 day to go.

will they break the 1k barrier??? good luck john image$900 >>

Last week he sold a dutch for 1234.00
    I suppose I should be happy to pay the kind of fees involved!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Based on those PCGS FS MS70 prices,

Dont be surprised to see NGC ER MS70's getting 2000 in a week or so. There is too much of a price difference, regardless of NGC pops of 70's.......

NGC 70's are looking REAL CHEAP>>>>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file