Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2008 Allen & Ginter Rip/Trade/Show Off/Information Thread....

Thought I would go ahead and set up a post for this. If you find out any information that you can share please post it here.

IN AN EFFORT NOT TO CLOG THE BOARDS WITH A TON OF THREADS, PLEASE POST YOUR A&G INFO, RIPS, TRADES, ETC HERE!!! Thanks!

Comments

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    You really got me excited for a second...I thought you may have posted product info!
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Sorry about that. I just thought it would be nice to have one place for all info about this product. I'm sure it's going to be hot.
    Rumor is that the release date for the 2008 Topps A & G is July 23rd.
  • Card #7 will be Micky Mantle
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I have a complete set from 2006 and 2007 That I plan on selling, what is a fair price on these?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • gstarlinggstarling Posts: 462 ✭✭

<< <i>I have a complete set from 2006 and 2007 That I plan on selling, what is a fair price on these? >>

Right now, their selling for about $35 apiece. When A&G launches in 2008, they will be selling for $50+ per; maybe up to $75.
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    Can't wait for this product to hit. I love all the crazy stuff Topps put in it. Does anyone know if the George Washington hair cards ever got pulled from 2007 product and what they sold for if they made it on the open market? I know they made three 1/1 cards in the relic set. I bet we see a few more things like that in the 08 series. The base cards are great for getting signed. I also like how they frame the certified auto's and relic cards in those sets.

• << <i>Can't wait for this product to hit. I love all the crazy stuff Topps put in it. Does anyone know if the George Washington hair cards ever got pulled from 2007 product and what they sold for if they made it on the open market? I know they made three 1/1 cards in the relic set. I bet we see a few more things like that in the 08 series. The base cards are great for getting signed. I also like how they frame the certified auto's and relic cards in those sets. >>

The Washington Hair did get pulled by a dealer in Arizona. I think it finally sold in a private deal after being pulled a couple times by Ebay for violation of their body parts rule. Not sure on the price.
  • NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can't wait for this product to hit. I love all the crazy stuff Topps put in it. Does anyone know if the George Washington hair cards ever got pulled from 2007 product and what they sold for if they made it on the open market? I know they made three 1/1 cards in the relic set. I bet we see a few more things like that in the 08 series. The base cards are great for getting signed. I also like how they frame the certified auto's and relic cards in those sets. >>

The Washington Hair did get pulled by a dealer in Arizona. I think it finally sold in a private deal after being pulled a couple times by Ebay for violation of their body parts rule. Not sure on the price. >>

That seems strange ebay would pull it. I'm almost positive they made 3 of the Washington hair cards. All have different pictures of him and are 1/1 in themselves.

<< <i>That seems strange ebay would pull it. I'm almost positive they made 3 of the Washington hair cards. All have different pictures of him and are 1/1 in themselves. >>

Correct, I heard of 2 surfacing.
  • I got this from a distributer today. Thought this would be the place to post it. Sorry if this info was already posted elsewhere:

08 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball (07/21/2008) ..........................................Box (24)

Exciting features include: 2 Autographed, Relic, Printing Plate or Allen & Ginter Original cards per box! One Hobby Exclusive N43 or Cabinet Card per box! One Hobby Exclusive Rip Card per case! NEW! The Ginter Code - Collectors must crack the code for a chance to win! NEW! Allen & Ginter Ancient Icon Cards! NEW! Baseball Icons Cards, featuring all-time greats such as Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, and Jackie Robinson!

More info to come

• The Ginter Code? What's that all about?!
    For real, what is the price point this year?
  • Blowout has the pre-sell info on A&G, shows a release date of July 21, with a pre-sell price of $1079.99/case
  • here is what my distributor has for product info:

release date 7/21/08

Two Autographs, Relics, Printing Plates, or Allen and Ginter Original Cards Per 24-Pack Hobby Box! NEW! The Ginter Code - Collectors Must Crack the code for a chance to win! *NEW! Allen & Ginter Ancient Icon Cards! 24 Pks/7c 12 Box Case

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball

Allen & Ginter Baseball Cards first debuted in 1887 and quickly became the most popularly collected cards of the time. They honored champions from around the world, including boxers, wrestlers, and, of course, baseball players. Today, Topps continues the tradition of honoring the nation's greatest competitors with

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball.

This year, Allen and Ginter returns with an exclusive contest for collectors and several exciting new insert cards. Allen & Ginter introduces The Ginter Code, challenging collectors to decipher a hidden code for a chance to win a spot on a card in next year?s Allen & Ginter! For the first time it also offers Ancient Icon Cards and innovative DNA Relic cards from famous political figures!

Two Autographs, Relics, Printing Plates, or Allen and Ginter Original Cards Per 24-Pack Hobby Box!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote

• << <i>Blowout has the pre-sell info on A&G, shows a release date of July 21, with a pre-sell price of $1079.99/case >>

What's the price per box?
    Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.
  • got my pre-order in. $900/case at lrcards.com (if you pay in full upfront). got a case from him last year too and i was happy with the transaction.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I'll probably pick up a couple packs of these
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Would anyone want to go in on a case? I would love to buy a full case but I can only afford a box or two. Let me know.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    A box or two is all I can do as well. I'd be in.
    Great! I'll go ahead and commit to 2 boxes. Anyone else?

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards

• << <i>I'll probably pick up a couple boxes of these >>

Fixed it for you.

PS- couple is code word for 7......image
    Does anyone have a relationship with a wholesaler where we could pay bare minimum for the case and have them charge us separate shipping - kind of like some of the bbce breaks that I've read about in other threads
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    bare minimum is going to be very hard to find. This stuff will take off in price a month in advance. If you can lock into a reliable source
    early that is the way to go. I do think that topps will let the presses run a bit longer this year.

Kevin
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    here you go guys!!

2008 ALLEN & GINTER BASEBALL
    Configuration: 12 boxes/24 packs/8 cards
    SRP: $4.00/pack

THIS PRODUCT MAY BE ALLOCATED!

Allen & Ginter Baseball Cards first debuted in 1887 and quickly became the most popularly collected cards of the time. They honored champions from around the world, including boxers, wrestlers, and, of course, baseball players. Today, Topps continues the tradition of honoring the nation's greatest competitors with 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball.

This year, Allen & Ginter returns with an exclusive contest for collectors and several exciting new insert cards. Allen & Ginter introduces The Ginter Code, challenging collectors to decipher a hidden code for a chance to win a spot on a card in next year's Allen & Ginter! For the first time it also offers Ancient Icon Cards and innovative DNA Relic Cards from famous political figures!

EXCITING FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * Two Autographed, Relics, Printing Plates, or Allen & Ginter Original Cards per box!
    * One Hobby Exclusive N43 or Cabinet Card per box!
    * One Hobby Exclusive Rip Card per case!
    * NEW! The Ginter Code - Collectors must crack the code for a chance to win!
    * NEW! Allen & Ginter Ancient Icon Cards!
    * NEW! Baseball Icons Cards, featuring all-time greats such as Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig , and Jackie Robinson!

CONTENT BREAKDOWN
    BASE CARDS
    * Baseball Veterans(274)
    * Baseball Rookies(32)
    * Historic Figures(24)
    * World Champions(20)

HOBBY EXCLUSIVE RIP CARDS - 1 PER CASE! All sequentially numbered no higher than 99!
    * Collectible Rip Card Exteriors(100)
    * Rip Card Interiors(160)
    ** 1 of 1 Dick Perez Original Sketches(30) - Each is a one of one!
    ** Allen & Ginter Red Autographs(30) - Hand numbered to 10.
    ** Allen & Ginter Mini Exclusives(50)
    ** Allen & Ginter Mini Wood Exclusives(50) - Each is a one of one!

MINI PARALLEL CARDS - All are original 1 15/32" x 2 11/16" size!
    *Allen & Ginter Wood Card Parallel - Hobby Exclusive(350) - Each is a one of one!
    * New! Allen & Ginter Framed Cloth Card - Hobby Exclusive(350) - Seq. #'d to 10.
    * Bazooka Back Parallel(350) - Seq. #'d to 25.
    * Allen & Ginter No Number(350) - Limited to 50.
    * Allen & Ginter Black-Bordered Parallel(350) - Inserted 1:10 packs.
    * Allen & Ginter Back Parallel(350) - Inserted 1:5 packs.
    * Allen & Ginter Parallel(350)

HOBBY EXCLUSIVE BOX LOADER - ONE PER BOX!
    * Allen & Ginter N43s(15)
    * Allen & Ginter N43 Relics(10) - Seq. #'d to 25.
    * Allen & Ginter N43 Autographs(10) - Hand numbered to 15.
    * Allen & Ginter N43 Autograph Relic(5) - Hand numbered to 5.
    * 2007 Cabinet Box Loader(10)

FRAMED AUTOGRAPH CARDS
    * Allen & Ginter Autographs(60)

FRAMED RELIC CARDS
    * Allen & Ginter Relics(60)

NEW! FRAMED DNA RELIC CARDS
    * Allen & Ginter DNA Relics(8) - Each is a 1 of 1!

FRAMED ORIGINAL CARDS
    * Allen & Ginter Originals(100) - Repurchased original Allen & Ginter cards.

FRAMED MINI PRINTING PLATES - Each is a one of one.
    * Allen & Ginter Mini Parallel Printing Plates(350 subjects)
    * Allen & Ginter Extra Minis Printing Plates(50 subjects)

INSERT CARDS
    * NEW! Allen & Ginter World Leaders(50) - Inserted 1:12 packs.
    * NEW! Allen & Ginter U.S. States(50) - 1 per pack.
    * NEW! Allen & Ginter Ancient Icons(20) - Inserted 1:48 packs.
    * NEW! Baseball Icons(17) - Inserted 1:48 packs.

CUT SIGNATURES
    * Cut Signatures(20) - Each is a one of one.

NEW! THE GINTER CODE - WORLD'S GREATEST VICTORIES
    * The Ginter Code(20) - Decipher the Code for your chance to win!

COMBINED INSERTION RATE FOR AUTOGRAPHED/RELIC CARDS - 2 PER BOX.

Release Date: 07/23/08
    Pre Order Due Date: 05/23/08
    Configuration: 12 boxes/24 packs/8 cards
    SRP:$ 96
    Quantity Available: Out of Stock
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    and goudey fans!

2008 UPPER DECK GOUDEY BASEBALL
    Configuration: 12 boxes/18 packs/8 cards
    SRP: $4.99/pack

THIS PRODUCT MAY BE ALLOCATED!

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    * Look for Original Goudey Baseball Buyback cards, one per case on average!
    * One memorabilia card per box and one autographed card per box, on average!
    * One Sports Royalty Autograph per case, on average!
    * Yankee Stadium Legacy Inserts randomly inserted!
    * Yankee Stadium Legacy Memorabilia Cards and Yankee Buybacks Randomly Inserted!

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN:
    Regular Cards( All Standard Card Size)
    * 200 Regular Cards
    * 30 Regular Cards SP
    * 20 Goudey Presidents SP
    * 20 1936 Goudey Black and White SP
    * 60 Sports Royalty SP

Inserts and Parallel Cards
    * Goudey 1934 Sized Parallels ( Seven per box, on average)
    * Berk Ross Hit Parade of Champions

Autograph and Memorabilia Cards (2 per box, on average)
    * Goudey Memorabilia
    * Goudey Graphs
    * Sports Royalty Autographs
    * Goudey Cut Signatures (#'d to 1)

Release Date: 07/25/08
    Pre Order Due Date: 05/14/08
    Configuration: 12 boxes/18 packs/8 cards
    SRP:$ 89.82
    Quantity Available: Out of Stock

• << <i>Does anyone have a relationship with a wholesaler where we could pay bare minimum for the case and have them charge us separate shipping - kind of like some of the bbce breaks that I've read about in other threads >>

I would be interested in doing this. I can get a case from my distributor, but they will only ship to me. I then could ship out boxes to those who want to join in.

I can check on the case price when I am off of work this afternoon......going off memory I think it was in the $800-$850 area if ordered by middle of May, but I can confirm that later today.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
    Let us know. I would definately be interested.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Chris,

I'd like to get a part of this even if its only a few packs or half a box.

PM sent
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I was looking for presale case info for this product and found this promotional pdf. I wonder what this Ginter code thing is? Also can PSA certify a Wolly Mamouth relic?

Link to 2008 Allen & Ginter PDF

Blog about the set
  • I wonder if there will be unannounced mini's like the Emperors and Snakes last year.
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I know topps new deal with CMG opens up alot of doors. I just hope they dont go crazy with it like they have been doing with the Mickey Mantle rights.

Edited to add link to CMG clients

Link to CMG clients
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Mr. Lockwood will have retail and blasters it appears.

Hmmmm......
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
    Yes, I got the email too. I bought from him last year with no problem. Should I know something I don't?
    Don't think so! He's been great to deal with for me and I think he really appreciates our business. He even went through my want list and sold me some singles that I needed for my sets.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    Ok, that was a good "hmmmm," I got nervous for a second because I was going to put an order in tonight.
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Jack's great, just got the same email.

I've never done A&G before but thinking of buying 1 case each of retail & blasters.........am I going to be missing out on a lot that hobby has?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Can you guys clue me in on who has blasters and Hobby cases? Contact info would be great.
    Thanks
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Yes, and to cwaazy and others, can we get together and decide how many cases we'll need for a board break? I think I can do 2 boxes but that's about it - money is tight right now.
    Can anyone that is interested in splitting a hobby case please PM me with the number of boxes you would commit to purchasing and I will see what I can put together.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pick up from Lockwood in person to save the shipping (but with gas prices so high now it may be a wash), and he is a good guy to deal with.
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I emailed Jack Lockwood to see if he wanted to post his contact info on this board.......he said yes. His email is lockwood Below is his original email to me (& other past customers). I've dealt with him since 2006 Heritage and he's always been great as far as shipping, price, & communication on retail cases and boxes.

Dave

Hello Collectors...Coming back for a repeat performance for 2008 will be Allen & Ginter Baseball. One of the best produced issues by Topps and a real favorite with collectors. We have available for Presale 8 box RETAIL cases consisting of 24 packs per box and 5 cards per pack with 1 mini parallel. These cases are 360.00 , We also have a limited supply of Bonus box cases , these will be 16 Bonus boxes per case with 8 packs per box.Cases are 210.00 per case . Each order is plus shipping to your zipcode. A 25% deposit is required to hold orders. The projected release date is the week of July 30th. All orders will be shipped double boxed. Thanks again for all your continued business. If needed I can be reached at 732-851-6388....Thanks....Jack Lockwood

lockwood
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Yes, I shot him some PayPal this morning. He always has A LOT of product, well into the release period.
    Nick,

It's up to you to pick up all our cases and deliver them. I'll chip in $5 for gas. Haven't you always wanted to see Maine in the Spring?

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    oh man, its only May and you all are already jumping through the roof on this stuff. So much for picking this stuff up "under the radar"

just kidding....I think I might be going hobby boxes again this year, there is just too much more added value in there, even though I have
    never turned down a retail box at the local store. Once again keep me in mind for any ink that you want to get rid of! I will once again
    be putting together a set and a mini set and who knows what else. I loved the unannonuced snakes last year....maybe girls of playboy
    this year.....ahhh nevermind.

Kevin
    Oh Kevin, how soon you forget Brian Cashman! Lol

Travis
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP

• << <i>Oh Kevin, how soon you forget Brian Cashman! Lol

Travis >>

i finally picked up a Cashman relic this week... joy
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
    Travis

Dang, you are right, I did pull that out of retail....can't remember where I got the box though......I would sure get some more from that
    person!!

LOL
    Kevin